• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Forever

Banned
This isn't football, plenty more games for us to tank. If anything, Sixers beating Heat is a larger blow to tank efforts but neither really matter.
At this rate the tank race might end up being more entertaining to follow than playoff seedings.

I'd like to pull for you guys but I'm sorry, after last night I've gotta root for the Sixers to get Wiggins. MCW, Wiggins, and Noel sounds like a fun young core to build around. And they have the Pelicans pick as well, and that's only protected top 5.

They could be like Thunder 2.0 down the line, minus the part where they trade away any hope of a chip.

This isn't football, plenty more games for us to tank. If anything, Sixers beating Heat is a larger blow to tank efforts but neither really matter.

In what world does this make sense? How is Philly beating Miami a larger blow? Neither matter, it was the Sixers first game out of 82.

i didnt get a chance to see any footage from last night. did the monta/dirk pnr look as effective as what some writers are making it out to be?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, we're still on this Heat thing?

Heat fans gotta' do what MJ and Kobe do. Just post a pic of the rings. Learn to take the high road. I swear you guys act like you are still Cavaliers fans...

Fox318

Heat fans gotta' do what MJ and Kobe do. Just post a pic of the rings. Learn to take the high road. I swear you guys act like you are still Cavaliers fans...

Heat and Bulls fans just need to point to the MJ Jersey in the rafters.

JoeFu

Banned
i didnt get a chance to see any footage from last night. did the monta/dirk pnr look as effective as what some writers are making it out to be?

It was awesome. We didn't see anything that looked like that last year, so it was such a surprise to see Dirk get wide open shots.

Also any good NBA podcasts? I just found out today that TBJ isn't a thing anymore :(

dalVlatko

It was awesome. We didn't see anything that looked like that last year, so it was such a surprise to see Dirk get wide open shots.

Also any good NBA podcasts? I just found out today that TBJ isn't a thing anymore :(

TBJ is now on NBA TV and their show is called The Starters

Its the same show, just a new name.

JoeFu

Banned
TBJ is now on NBA TV and their show is called The Starters

Its the same show, just a new name.

Do they have a podcast every day that I can download?

guess I can look myself. Seems they do :D I'm happy

aww they don't get episodes out by 10 am for me anymore :( OH well.

At this rate the tank race might end up being more entertaining to follow than playoff seedings.

I'd like to pull for you guys but I'm sorry, after last night I've gotta root for the Sixers to get Wiggins. MCW, Wiggins, and Noel sounds like a fun young core to build around. And they have the Pelicans pick as well, and that's only protected top 5.

They could be like Thunder 2.0 down the line, minus the part where they trade away any hope of a chip.
That's obviously what every fan of any rebuilding team thinks. Get lucky in the draft to get a superstar and surround him with other great young talent to build a perennial contender. Dragic, Bledose, Wiggins would be a really awesome trio. An unstoppable scoring force. Fortunately, Randle would be a fantastic addition at a great need as well so we don't completely lose out if we don't get the top pick but who wouldn't be crushed by missing Wiggins? The lottery screws with everything anyway so we can all pretend our teams will get him but who the hell knows who will actually get that lucky? As it's been discussed before, the top tanker has been screwed by the lottery the past multiple years so us superstitious fools don't even want to have the worst record but maybe the second worst and you have a few posters mentioning 7-9th haha
In what world does this make sense? How is Philly beating Miami a larger blow? Neither matter, it was the Sixers first game out of 82.
I know, that's why I said it doesn't matter and that it isn't like football where one game can make a huge difference. I said "if anything" and that is because every person on the planet had an L checked in the Sixers column for the match against the Heat, it was a game they were supposed to lose no matter what whereas I'm sure most felt Portland would beat us last night before the game started. Ultimately, if you suck you will lose the vast vast majority of your games so the win doesn't matter, there are always circumstances in sports that lead to occasional upsets.

To borrow from one Jessica Spano:
'I'm so excited (for our offense)! I'm..soo...scared (of our defense)!'

Forever

Banned
That's obviously what every fan of any rebuilding team thinks. Get lucky in the draft to get a superstar and surround him with other great young talent to build a perennial contender. Dragic, Bledose, Wiggins would be a really awesome trio. An unstoppable scoring force. Fortunately, Randle would be a fantastic addition at a great need as well so we don't completely lose out if we don't get the top pick but who wouldn't be crushed by missing Wiggins? The lottery screws with everything anyway so we can all pretend our teams will get him but who the hell knows who will actually get that lucky? As it's been discussed before, the top tanker has been screwed by the lottery the past multiple years so us superstitious fools don't even want to have the worst record but maybe the second worst and you have a few posters mentioning 7-9th haha

I'm gonna take a minute to enjoy the thought of the massive troll it would be if Wiggins decided to stay in college for another year.

Emwitus

900x900px-LL-a514bf4b_clapping.gif

I'm still laughing at the claim of Wiggins, Eric Bledsoe, and Goran Dragic being an "unstoppable scoring force"

Alright, that expression is hyperbole for anyone but they'd be extremely potent and hard to stop. I should probably see Bledsoe for a season before I really proclaim this though. I really see those two continuing to rack up numbers in this system though and with what Wiggins brings to the table, that'd be pretty awesome.

Forever

Banned
Alright, that expression is hyperbole for anyone but they'd be extremely potent and hard to stop. I should probably see Bledsoe for a season before I really proclaim this though. I really see those two continuing to rack up numbers in this system though and with what Wiggins brings to the table, that'd be pretty awesome.
Imagine the length on the defensive end with Wiggins, MCW, and Noel though. I feel that combination works more organically.

Does cats age have buyers remorse yet?

#NoelWasAvailable

Biyombo looking much improved makes me feel a lot better about going with Zeller over Noel. So no remorse yet, at least until he proves he can stay healthy and produce. I definitely regret us not making a move to grab Drummond though. The Raptors with BC at the helm would have gladly taken Biyombo for the 8th pick, we fucked up there.

Who cares if it's public? It was hardly anything big at all anyway. In the middle of an intense playoff series and wade was playing like ass. Big whoop, they were fine by the next game. What about the stories about Rondo and Doc nearly coming to blows. Or last year in the finals where doc and Timmy got into it and Duncan walked straight past the huddle during a timeout?

What?

Emwitus

Who cares if it's public? It was hardly anything big at all anyway. In the middle of an intense playoff series and wade was playing like ass. Big whoop, they were fine by the next game. What about the stories about Rondo and Doc nearly coming to blows. Or last year in the finals where doc and Timmy got into it and Duncan walked straight past the huddle during a timeout?

bvwa69fwzmw2cs6.gif

I'm sorry guys. I was just looking for an excuse to use this awesome gif :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sam Amick said:
On deadline day, I’m told the Kings have informed Jimmer Fredette of their decision not to pick up his 14-15 team option ($3.1 mil)
You're free now, Jimmer

No player going in the top 5 let alone number 1 over all would ever stay in school for just a second year. The players that consider staying in school are those that will graduate if they stay. It makes zero sense to do a sophomore season if you aren't going to stay the full 4 years and you can be making millions by leaving.

Top Bottom