• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Looking at the shot chart reminded me that Steve Blake is still in the NBA.Did anyone watching Blake play college at Maryland ever think he'd made it this long in the NBA? It seriously blows my mind he's still playing.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
This isn't an argument over who is the most fundementally sound team in the league past or present. I'm just sitting here telling you it's dumb to claim the heat have bad fundementals and are bad offensively when stats say others. Numbers are the closet thing we have to the word of God brah, don't fight them.

You're not even participating in the same argument now. The Heat don't execute consistently night in and night out, and they don't have to. It's as simple as that.

It all depends on what you consider fundamentally sound. When you use Bosh shooting a 3 as a reason they don't, it makes it sound as if youre saying they win despite horrible decisions, just because they're talented.

If you mean they mix it up well and keep opposing coaches scratching their heads because Spoelstra is a wizard, then ok I guess. Fundamentally sound = predictable.

Spo mixing it up? More like Lebron and Wade just saying fuck it and doing whatever they want. They're better about it now, but they still just go with their own flow half the time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My favourite part is watching DY and Reilo catching feels and getting trolled by Heat LLL's

Why don't you check craigslist to see if the Suns 1st round pick is up for sale yet?
ifbKRO1Uudukm.png

reilo

Who would you say is the best, San Antonio? Just curious.

San Antonio recently and Boston in their prime with KG/Pierce/Allen. The plays they used to run just to get Allen open was nuts, and they did it night in and night out.

giri

All I know the 360 app was terrible when I tried to use it last season. It buffered constantly. Also, it's a solid minute behind.

But, please, I'd love to know how the PS3 app is. It can't be worse, right?

It was delayed on mine certainly, but i found the buffering no worse than the normal app.

You're not even participating in the same argument now. The Heat don't execute consistently night in and night out, and they don't have to. It's as simple as that.

Spo mixing it up? More like Lebron and Wade just saying fuck it and doing whatever they want. They're better about it now, but they still just go with their own flow half the time.
Claims Heat aren't consistent.

Ignores advanced statistics, back to back championships and a 27 game win streak.

This is the NBA, everyone can ball. If you don't execute night in and night out you're going to lose. LeBron and company aren't going up against scrubs, these are the best athletes in the world.

DY_nasty

Who would you say is the best, San Antonio? Just curious.

San Antonio when they're clicking, absolutely - but they really have shown a habit of feeling themselves too hard and not adapting fast enough in recent years. Memphis is that team this year most likely. They have their issues too though.

Edit: Advanced stats :|

I don't think you know what you're arguing. :|

Let's stop. :|

reilo

Ignores advanced statistics, back to back championships and a 27 game win streak.

This is the NBA, everyone can ball. If you don't execute night in and night out you're going to lose. LeBron and company aren't going up against scrubs, these are the best athletes in the world.

You're not even reading what I'm saying, are you?

exarkun

LoL, only in utah.

I also love the "is it blackface if its imitating a specific black person in non-minstrel show type of way?" arguments that have been going on about all these instagram photos.

I am so excited for the season to start. D-rose! Lebron! Their supporting crews! Its going to be amazing! I have friends betting on this game, and I dont think I would bet on either team cause I don't know how either one will show up. Cause its the beginning of the season! Geekgasm!

reilo

guys, lets get back to something we can all enjoy like laughing at the Lakers

Nash and Blake must be the worst defensive backcourt in the history of the NBA, no? Even Telfair and Juan Dixon couldn't have been this bad.

pilonv1

Nash and Blake must be the worst defensive backcourt in the history of the NBA, no? Even Telfair and Juan Dixon couldn't have been this bad.

Their first game is guarding Steph & Klay

For bad combos, rookie Steph and Monta were pretty bad

Mik317

Now while I am with you on the fact that the Heat are pretty damn efficient and play good baskteball...I dissagree the second part.

Team commonly take games (and weeks sometimes....Vince) off and they don't always pay for it. LeBron is good enough to barely try some nights and still get a damn near tripple double. In fact, Fuckless LeBron is probably best LeBron. Thus the Heat occasionally fuck around for half a game and turn it on when they want to and still win. Plus there are a ton of shit teams in the league that can't sniff the Heat even at half their full power...or there was.

Plus it's not an insult to say the Heat dont always go hard.

Heat Fans need to get thicker skin around here...you guys are the two time champs. No need to get offended or puff your chest out everytime someone says something not great about them.

You can't disagree with somebody and dismiss their argument by saying they don't know what they're talking about, that's what my 12 year cousin would do if I pissed him off.

Heat are a consistent basketball team good in every facet of the game except rebounding. Look at team stats. Look at PER. Go back and watch film on YouTube.

And I don't even like Miami, I'm a cavs fan.

reilo

You know what's the most fundamentally sound aspect of playing basketball? Rebounding :p

HEAT AGE whats up! Finally the winning franchise in Miami is back (fucking dolphins ripping my heart out). Three-peat time, I expect nothing less, we have no reason not to win again as long as there are no major injuries.

I am out of town and in garbage PST so I will miss the start of the game.

Bsigg12

Sunday NFL Countdown doe...

A close second. Chris Berman kinda bothers me from time to time.

Is there any consensus on what happens with Carmelo Anthony this season? Do the Knicks try to trade him to make sure they have something?

Also, all you Bulls fans, how does D Rose look? Circa 2010-11 Rose? I've been watching too much hockey to pay attention to preseason basketball.

DY_nasty

Have you seen the Pacers play? They almost went to the Finals and they have maybe one player on their roster that can dribble.

Its amazing how far they get without point guard play.

Its also amazing how people always come out of the woodwork to stan the Pacers in playoffs versus the Heat and before game 4 they can't fucking stand watching the Pacers style of play anymore

Have you seen the Pacers play? They almost went to the Finals and they have maybe one player on their roster that can dribble.
Pretty sure they just struggle to score in the half court. Miami was the only team to apply meaningful pressure to Hill/Stephenson during the post season from what I saw.

Mik317

you clearly have low expectations. SNC is terrible compared to NFLN. catch phrase galore, lame interviews, and berman. ugh. my love for Ditka cant even overcome that terrible show

The best part of SNC is trying to see if Keyshawn is going to catch feelings that night.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Add in a healthier Wade, baby Kareem in the middle assuming his knees hold up, and a slightly more reckless version of Carmelo Anthony in Beasley, and they can't win 5 more games?

I like Miller, but lol @ anyone that thinks the Heat didn't get a LOT better this offseason, not just a little.

Oh right, I forgot the reason armchair NBA experts always give for a team falling off despite continued dominance, working harder in the offseason, improving your game, bringing in more pieces..."a year passed" lol
Baby Kareem? Oden

FFS

Yeah they got better in areas they were weak in

But winning 60+ games is no easy task in the NBA

They had to rattle off a 27 in a row winning streak last year to even the Bulls record...

Anyways the Bulls team that did that wasn't even the best Bulls team of the 3peat

The year after they won 72 they added Brian Williams and won 69 games...

And to get in meaningless predictions before the season starts:

West:

1. Grizzlies
2. Rockets
3. Thunder
4. Warriors
5. Spurs
6. Clippers
7. Blazers
8. Pelicans

East:

1. Bulls
2. Heat
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Knicks
6. Hawks
7. Bucks
8. Wizards

WCF: Rockets over Grizzlies
ECF: Heat over Nets
Finals: Rockets over Heat

Media pick predictions:

MVP: LeBron
FMVP: Harden
DPotY: Hibbert
CotY: McHale
MIP: Hayward
ROY: Oladipo

The Clippers had a great SRS last year and upgraded a lot at the starting wings so I don't feel great about having them ending up with this bad of a seed in the playoffs, but Bledsoe and Odom were their defense last year and I don't think Doc isn't going to be able to help DeAndre and Griffin on defense. And Crawford and Barnes are getting old so their bench might be bad this year to go along with their defense.

Pimpwerx

Oh look, another Bulls-Heat game on TNT, and guess who's calling it? Steve fanboy Kerr.

Seriously? Does TNT have no shame? Can't this fucking cunt call the late game? Is there any other national broadcaster who gets to call his former team's games this often? The only reason I'm watching TNT is because SunSports doesn't get to carry the game, otherwise I would steer clear. This guy is a douchebag of epic proportions, especially when it comes to these Heat-Bulls games. He might as well call the game with pom-poms. PEACE.

DY_nasty

Pretty sure they just struggle to score in the half court. Miami was the only team to apply meaningful pressure to Hill/Stephenson during the post season from what I saw.

Its like no one watches Pacers games.

Their Hawks series was fucking atrocious too. They steamrolled the Knicks because the Knicks were past due after shooting at a record breaking pace and percentage all season long. Tyson being hurt sealed the deal.

All of their meaningful games and playoff series are just painful to watch. Stephenson is an unreliable fool and Hill simply cannot create anything for himself or the rest of the offense.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Oh look, another Bulls-Heat game on TNT, and guess who's calling it? Steve fanboy Kerr.

Seriously? Does TNT have no shame? Can't this fucking cunt call the late game? Is there any other national broadcaster who gets to call his former team's games this often? The only reason I'm watching TNT is because SunSports doesn't get to carry the game, otherwise I would steer clear. This guy is a douchebag of epic proportions, especially when it comes to these Heat-Bulls games. He might as well call the game with pom-poms. PEACE.

ROFL

Heat-problems

Its like no one watches Pacers games.

Their Hawks series was fucking atrocious too. They steamrolled the Knicks because the Knicks were past due after shooting at a record breaking pace and percentage all season long. Tyson being hurt sealed the deal.

All of their meaningful games and playoff series are just painful to watch. Stephenson is an unreliable fool and Hill simply cannot create anything for himself or the rest of the offense.
You didn't disprove a single thing I said. Are you even going to bother watching the Pacers v Magic game in 5 minutes?

giri

Kerr is actually pretty good at calling games. Prefer him over many.

Smokey

lol

My predictions before the season starts:

East
1) MIA
2) CHI
3) BKY
4) IND
5) NY
6) WAS
7) DET
8) CLE

West
1) OKC
2) LAC
3) SA
4) HOU
5) GS
6) MEM
7) MIN
8) DAL

MIA over LAC finals. Durant MVP. BK upsets CHI in the semis. Melo goes back to first round fodder. Celtics are far, far worse than the Lakers. Dwight smiles a lot in a 2nd round exit. Worst record goes to Philly. #1 pick goes to Orlando.

You're gonna get shellaced. Sorry, but that's the goddamn truth. Canes are gonna get Clemson'd. PEACE.

This is too true. Miami fans are getting a serious reality check.

Top Bottom