• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
erik-spoelstra.jpg

Any team with LBJ and Wade would be position-less it's not some coaching miracle

Pimpwerx

Any team with LBJ and Wade would be position-less it's not some coaching miracle

You mean Bron and Bosh. Wade's probably 4th-most important in the positionless push, since it's Bron, Bosh and Battier that play primarily out of position. Wade doesn't play the 3 nearly as much as we put Bron and Batts at the 4, and Bosh at the 5. Also, I don't think many coaches would have made that move anyway. Particularly sticking with it once Bosh went down. Pat certainly wouldn't have done it. Bron played with pretty traditional lineups in Cleveland, didn't he? Bron fought the move to the 4. PEACE.

Blackace

You mean Bron and Bosh. Wade's probably 4th-most important in the positionless push, since it's Bron, Bosh and Battier that play primarily out of position. Wade doesn't play the 3 nearly as much as we put Bron and Batts at the 4, and Bosh at the 5. Also, I don't think many coaches would have made that move anyway. Particularly sticking with it once Bosh went down. Pat certainly wouldn't have done it. Bron played with pretty traditional lineups in Cleveland, didn't he? Bron fought the move to the 4. PEACE.

Wade pretty much plays point when LBJ isn't in...

LBJ pretty much plays point from the 3/4 so even in Cle he was not a traditional SF.

Bosh sucks at center.. Battier is a smart player but is by no means a good PF..

Pat might have done it. who is to say?

Pimpwerx

Wade pretty much plays point when LBJ isn't in...

LBJ pretty much plays point from the 3/4 so even in Cle he was not a traditional SF.

Bosh sucks at center.. Battier is a smart player but is by no means a good PF..

Pat might have done it. who is to say?

Bron and Bosh make the whole thing work. If Bosh didn't move to center, we wouldn't create the mismatches and wouldn't have the floor spacing, because we'd have a lumbering center out there the whole time. Bosh is good enough defending other centers that we don't just get killed inside every game. Plus, Bosh's ability to defend the pnr means the defense doesn't have to keep rotating on guard penetration.

Pat wouldn't have done it because when Bosh went down against Indy, he told Spo to go big with Joel or Turiaf. Spo went smaller instead, and it worked. There are not a lot of teams that played small, even with stretch 4s. Giving up size meant finding other means to defend against size.

Bron and Wade being great ballhandlers help a lot, but not as far as going positionless. Wade's importance in the positionless push is it lets Spo use him as a rim protector. However, I feel Battier is more important because we can swap him and Bron around the forward positions without losing the floor spacing and still maintaining defensive integrity. The one sacrifice in the whole scheme has been rebounding. PEACE.

Blackace

Bron and Bosh make the whole thing work. If Bosh didn't move to center, we wouldn't create the mismatches and wouldn't have the floor spacing, because we'd have a lumbering center out there the whole time. Bosh is good enough defending other centers that we don't just get killed inside every game. Plus, Bosh's ability to defend the pnr means the defense doesn't have to keep rotating on guard penetration.

Pat wouldn't have done it because when Bosh went down against Indy, he told Spo to go big with Joel or Turiaf. Spo went smaller instead, and it worked. There are not a lot of teams that played small, even with stretch 4s. Giving up size meant finding other means to defend against size.

Bron and Wade being great ballhandlers help a lot, but not as far as going positionless. Wade's importance in the positionless push is it lets Spo use him as a rim protector. However, I feel Battier is more important because we can swap him and Bron around the forward positions without losing the floor spacing and still maintaining defensive integrity. The one sacrifice in the whole scheme has been rebounding. PEACE.

People have been playing small for years.. Nellie ball is far from a new concept.. but people have not been winning small..

I think with Wade and LBJ being the primary ball handlers you have created mismatches from the start, can't think of another team outside of the MJ Bulls that didn't have it's primary and secondary ball handlers at the pg..

Meier

Well that Dodgers loss sucked, but nice to see Oladipo is off to a good start. 9 assists in game 1, 8 rebounds in game 2. Double digit points in both games. Solid.

Spooks

Just got done watching the cavs game. Man that was fun for a preseason game. They looked awful in the first half but really stepped up their defense in the second. Awesome to see Kyrie putting effort on defense and Bennett going off in the fourth. Kid has potential. He was actually playing some pretty good defense here and there too. With his size he could be a very good post defender. Holds his own down there. This is going to be an exciting season for the cavs.

Forever

Banned
So the Nets-Pistons game is not going to be televised, but it shows up on league pass. How does that even work? No commentators?

Top Bottom