• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

https://vine.co/v/hX2VZ2JTLtv

Daryl Olajuwon

That's a great thing if Oladipo is good enough to be excited about but the rest of the team sucks and helps engineer the tank

oladipo @ the 1 is the ultimate "we're tanking" gesture

he's exciting to watch regardless since he plays with confidence and actually has the requisite ability to match. beats having to pretend dwight's stodgy post-ups and him screaming "ayyyyyye!" were interesting for close to a decade

Pyrrhic victory for me this week with a long-term knee injury to Cobb, Amendola going out with a concussion (I'M SHOCKED!), and DeMarco Murray spraining his MCL.

On a positive note, I won starting this guy as my TE. He outscored Jimmy Graham with 0.10 points.
4r8GG.SlMa.81.jpeg

Thank God Tony's bye week is over.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Commissioner David Stern raised the possibility the league will adjust the time some games start in an attempt to appease fans outside North America who now must either stay up late or wake up early to watch games on television.

“I think that the NBA is going to have to wrestle over the next decade as more and more of our viewing audiences are outside the United States is what’s the best time for games to be played so that those fans can enjoy them live as opposed to having to get up in China to watch an NBA game at 7 o’clock in the morning,” Stern said. “I think that’s a fun problem that we’re going to be addressing because so much viewing is happening outside the United States now.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/...times-to-help-foreign-viewers-see-more-games/

oladipo @ the 1 is the ultimate "we're tanking" gesture

he's exciting to watch regardless since he plays with confidence and actually has the requisite ability to match. beats having to pretend dwight's stodgy post-ups and him screaming "ayyyyyye!" were interesting for close to a decade
Miami started Wade at the one his rook year since they had Eddie and Caron already. It'll do wonders for his playmaking

MVP

Banned
And if the only thing im right about is this trashy team burning, it'll be well worth it. I've stuck to my prediction that no team gets to the finals three times without some adverse effects. Miami ain't the team to break that trend, sorry.

Yes, Miami saw the adverse effects of getting even better in the offseason than the team that bulldozed the NBA last season. This team won't be mediocre for a while so you can keep waiting for that.

Miami IS the team to break that trend actually, because they don't have a selfish arrogant superstar who wants to run the team, Miami actually has a legendary front-office that players love to play for. So yeah, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7...

Emwitus

Yes, Miami saw the adverse effects of getting even better in the offseason than the team that bulldozed the NBA last season. This team won't be mediocre for a while so you can keep waiting for that.

Miami IS the team to break that trend actually, because they don't have a selfish arrogant superstar who wants to run the team, Miami actually has a legendary front-office that players love to play for. So yeah, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7...

ngbbs408289adc9438.jpg

7am is cake, Im already at work by then. Try waking up at 3 or 4 to watch the games. NFL wins out there

Seriously though..... Back to back chips when you enter the league. The dude is fortunate as hell considering some great players never get to hold a trophy.

Thats that high top hopper doe

i3vcT49RFRThF.gif

Fool looked like he was doing M. Bisons scissor kick over there.

Sometimes I forget this kid can get up.

Trey Burke said:
8-12 weeks is very unreasonable people and idk who made that up. I appreciate the support and prayers but 4-6 weeks is more likely. Thanks

Trey Burke calling his agent a liar is weird I guess, but hopefully his agent is?

Might be good news though.

"From what I'm hearing, (Adidas) is really high on him [Wiggins]," an industry source said. "I've heard a range for sure, from like $140 to $180 million for like 10 years. That's a big deal for a kid coming out of school because most rookie deals are probably like four years."

"I'm hearing from people at Kansas that he's got a $180 million offer supposedly coming from Adidas," a source close to Wiggins' inner circle said. "But I also heard that Nike is going to match anything."

The main game in college basketball this year will be projecting how much money Wiggins loses for every 12 point game he has. The odds that he's the next Paul George are much better than the odds that he's the next LeBron I think.

Goddamn I wish i still lived in NYC when I could just roll out of bed and walk to games fifteen minutes away

Now I have to fight traffic and shit

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 7s
“@hoops_fan: Do you still think Rose is better than Lebron? #AskRic” LeBron has come a long way and I admire him for it. I'd still go w/DR.

absolutely un fucking real lol

Jag

I can't wait for another season of new D-Rose returns commercials.

Speaking of Lebron, good candid interview with him on ESPN Mag talking MJ and AI. He talks about MJ like the dad he never knew:

Why do you think you guys haven't developed a relationship?
I think it's just being busy. Obviously, I'm busy. MJ has a lot going on. I don't know the reasons, but it's never been sparked. I've seen him at times. Of course, I've met him a few times. I went to his 50th-birthday party at All-Star weekend. I went to his party to show respect and pay homage to the greatest. I had a conversation with him there. Obviously, there were a lot of people there. But I don't know. I don't know.

and of course the Ph33 stare:

Every now and then my look comes out, though -- like Game 6 in Boston [2012]. People say, Why don't he do that all the time? [laughs] Man, I don't even … first of all, I have no idea why that look even happened. Somebody took a great photo. The camera was right on time, and he happened to get me when I was a little bit tired and I looked up. Bam! Now, it's The Look [laughs]. It's the LeBron Look. The LeBron Face [laughs]. It's cool, though. It's cool. Don't think for one second, though, that I'm not zeroed in on what I need to get done to kill my prey.

Ric Bucher ‏
“@blyempowered: hello!! Who do you consider the top 3 contenders for the NBA title this coming season? #AskRic” Mia, Chi, Nets as of now.

THE NETS.

I'm more surprised he put the bulls in there. Considering how beat up every bulls player last season and some Drose uncertainty.

Every now and then my look comes out, though -- like Game 6 in Boston [2012]. People say, Why don't he do that all the time? [laughs] Man, I don't even … first of all, I have no idea why that look even happened. Somebody took a great photo. The camera was right on time, and he happened to get me when I was a little bit tired and I looked up. Bam! Now, it's The Look [laughs]. It's the LeBron Look. The LeBron Face [laughs]. It's cool, though. It's cool. Don't think for one second, though, that I'm not zeroed in on what I need to get done to kill my prey.

haha, thats awesome. I have a totally different idea of what a "Lebron face" looks like.

Forever

Banned
Ric Bucher ‏
“@blyempowered: hello!! Who do you consider the top 3 contenders for the NBA title this coming season? #AskRic” Mia, Chi, Nets as of now.

THE NETS.

You know I've got love for Houston, but do you seriously think that your team has a better shot than ours? You don't even have a real PF.

giri

You know I've got love for Houston, but do you seriously think that your team has a better shot than ours? You don't even have a real PF.

And KG is 37. 38 by the end of next season.

Grizz are a bigger title threat than either unproven Houston / nets teams.

Forever

Banned
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/preview2013/story/_/page/nyk-1314forecast/new-york-knicks-outlook

ESPN projects the Knicks having a 37-45 record and getting the 7th seed. How generous.

And KG is 37. 38 by the end of next season.

He was 37 last season and he did fucking great while carrying the whole team on his (and Paul's) shoulders without Rondo. Plus we've got Blatche and AK47 right behind him. We are better than Houston and deeper than Houston at every position except the 2 and maybe the 5.

giri

He was 37 last season and he did fucking great while carrying the whole team on his (and Paul's) shoulders without Rondo. Plus we've got Blatche and AK47 right behind him. We are better than Houston and deeper than Houston at every position except the 2 and maybe the 5.

Grizz in 4.

giri

I'm not even talking about the Grizz! It's not like they're going to make it out of the west.

And yet, they're still a bigger title threat.

Both nets and houston have a lot of questions to answer, i don't think one has more of a "contender" tag to them than the other.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What about the fucking Pacers? I'd take them over the Bulls any day of the week, and not to forget that they're the only team in the East who has even came close to stopping the Heat.
Did the pacers have a better record than the Bulls last year?

They finished 4 games better than a DOA Bulls team.

wow

The Pacers were a 3.34 SRS team last year compared to the Bulls at -0.01 SRS, that's a pretty big difference.

The difference in starting quality was even bigger as the Pacers were +12.1 per 100 possessions while the Bulls were only +3.7. The Pacers were a much better team despite dealing with a really terrible bench and Hibbert being hurt and completely ineffective on offense for a good part of the year. Rose and Dunleavy Jr. will help a lot, but I think I would probably still take the Pacers over the Bulls in a series as long as David West doesn't fall doesn't dramatically decline (which probably does have a decent chance of happening, I suppose).

Smokey

do not associate darkside with the rockets. Thnx

Also. Lamarcus Aldridge will be a rocket by seasons end

Boy,I can't wait for Miami to crush and burn this season. their eventual return to mediocrity is long overdue. Durant will finally win that MVP with westbrick out and Brooklyn or whatever team can lift that trophy for all I care. Any team but that cheat code tosser flopping team

I don't know about crash-and-burn/ a 2nd-round or ECF loss is more likely.

But anyways, everyone knows no team out West can take down a healthy Spurs squad. Leonard is the PWTP, and we were literally one miracle 3 away from hoisting up #5. The Heat have their work cut out for them with a healthy Bull squad and Pacers; the Spurs aren't facing as tough competition out West, especially since Prescott failed to replace Martin.

Smokey

You really think Houston sours on Howard that fast? Hmm, interesting.

as long as people here are still tryin to slap schaub and his family, howard can suck and fly under the radar

then bring in lamarcus just as the tv deal is getting settled and the casual fan don't even know any better

Top Bottom