• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Too soon :(

linsivvi

Howard said he was disappointed that, last February, after the Magic acquired Tobias Harris in a trade, the team granted Harris' request to wear No. 12, Howard's old number.

"I just think that despite whatever happened, there was a lot of things that I did and that we did as a team, and that number was special down there," Howard said. "And I was a little bit upset about that."

Harris, now a starting forward for the Orlando Magic, had just completed his sophomore year at Half Hollow Hills West High School when he received a call that his close friend and former teammate, Morgan Childs, had died at age 17 in California after a battle with leukemia. Harris attended the funeral with his father, and as they walked out of the church, he made a promise to himself and his friend.

"He looked at me and said that he was going to make it to the top and he was going to do it wearing Morgan's number, No. 12," said Harris' father, Torrel. "He knew how much Morgan loved the game, and he made a promise to keep his spirit with him always."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9804025/2013-#nbarank-team-team

^ Team by team espn rankings

Waiters 110

Beal 73

Some of the tweets ESPN is including on these rankings though...this one caught my eye for Poter:

bill palisoc @billpalisoc1

@ESPNNBA Otto Porter may very well be a bust. Looks like he lacks the motor to run in in the NBA and is overhyped. #NBArank

wat

Looked at the dudes twitter handle...guy has 4 followers wat

Funny thing is the only thing Porter was great at in Summer League was running the floor. He was fast as shit getting up and down.

Forever

Banned
What's this I hear about the Lakers shopping Gasol for a point guard? They gonna do him like that? Should be fun to see the fallout.

I know he has potential, but that ranking for Waiters seems really high for a guy who didn't really do anything well last year. He's nearly in the same spot as AK47 and he's above guys like Danny Green, Jarret Jack, Afflalo, Korver, Dudley, Harris, Matthews, Thornton, etc and all of those guys were more valuable than Waiters last year by a good margin.

What's this I hear about the Lakers shopping Gasol for a point guard? They gonna do him like that? Should be fun to see the fallout.

He's never gonna work with Dantoni. I'd rather they let him walk to whichever team he wants at the end of the seaaon, but this isn't surprising. He can only work at C and I don't see Mike D adapting to a slower style.

With Farmar Blake and Nash at PG, if Pau goes for a pg I gotta think Nash and/or Blake are gone too.

The Waiters over Drummond and Bennet over Noel picks are just stunning

Thompson over Val as well

If they are worse this year I wouldn't be shocked. They've added a bunch of guys who just want to dominate the ball on efficiency that's going to be worse than if Kyrie was just dominating it.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Bill Simmons' continued insistence that Kevin Love is leaving and that we should trade him for like Carlos Boozer is kind of annoying.

If they are worse this year I wouldn't be shocked. They've added a bunch of guys who just want to dominate the ball on efficiency that's going to be worse than if Kyrie was just dominating it.

Going by Irving's history, there will probably be 15-20 games where Irving is out this year and I'd much rather have Jack jacking up shots than Dion Waiters in those games. I think they're better just because of age, Andy possibly being healthy, and Jack being added even if Earl Clark and Bynum probably won't help much at all and the total lack of defensive ability from Bennett and Karasev.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
AK probably winning 6th man of the year at this rate isn't going to help matters though.

But yea, trading him would be dumb.

The Wolves tried to re-sign Kirilenko. After he opted out, Flip offered something like 2 years, $14M. He turned it down.

So to be clear, he walked away from $10M, turned down $7M a year, then took way less than that.

Not that I think there's anything weird going on there.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
What does Kyrie's ??? ranking mean? Is he The Golden Child or something?

Skill wise the Cavs have improved at key positions, and the bench is leagues better than last year's. Add in COTY Mike Brown's defensive improvements and there's no way this team is worse than the 2012 debacle. I'm not making any crazy predictions (/yet), but this is a much better team.

Going by Irving's history, there will probably be 15-20 games where Irving...

He's only ever caught freak injuries this far. The chance is high that he can play a full season.

The Wolves tried to re-sign Kirilenko. After he opted out, Flip offered something like 2 years, $14M. He turned it down.

So to be clear, he walked away from $10M, turned down $7M a year, then took way less than that.

Not that I think there's anything weird going on there.

To be fair, AK has admitted to drop over 36 hours straight into WoW like its nothing so his lifestyle needs are pretty well met with his current earnings. I think other factors may have swayed him.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ESPN sent out a press release announcing they ranked Kobe 25th? Wut?

benjipwns

Banned
The ESPN Insider projections for the playoff teams:
1. Heat: 54-28
2. Bulls: 50-32
3. Nets: 50-32
4. Pacers: 49-33
5. Pistons: 49-33
6. Hawks: 45-37
7. Knicks: 37-45
8. Raptors: 37-45

1. Spurs: 60-22
2. Clippers: 54-28
3. Rockets: 54-28
4. Thunder: 51-31
5. Timberwolves: 51-31
6. Grizzlies: 49-33
7. Nuggets: 44-38
8. Mavericks: 44-38

exarkun

Can't believe ESPN has kawhi ranked higher than Parsons. For some reason they have all fallen in love with him, despite being a below average scorer and facilitator, but above average defender. Parsons is an above average scorer, good facilitator, and average defender (though he was a better defender last year when they didnt ask him to do so much on the offensive side).

I love Kawhi, think he has a bright future ahead of him. But right now, Parsons is the better player in every way except defense. And even then, Parsons does actually play decent defense.

The ESPN Insider projections for the playoff teams:
1. Heat: 54-28
2. Bulls: 50-32
3. Nets: 50-32
4. Pacers: 49-33
5. Pistons: 49-33
6. Hawks: 45-37
7. Knicks: 37-45
8. Raptors: 37-45

1. Spurs: 60-22
2. Clippers: 54-28
3. Rockets: 54-28
4. Thunder: 51-31
5. Timberwolves: 51-31
6. Grizzlies: 49-33
7. Nuggets: 44-38
8. Mavericks: 44-38

Lakers In The lottery. Plan the parade.

Can't believe ESPN has kawhi ranked higher than Parsons. For some reason they have all fallen in love with him, despite being a below average scorer and facilitator, but above average defender. Parsons is an above average scorer, good facilitator, and average defender (though he was a better defender last year when they didnt ask him to do so much on the offensive side).

I love Kawhi, think he has a bright future ahead of him. But right now, Parsons is the better player in every way except defense. And even then, Parsons does actually play decent defense.

nope

fertygo

That not even controversial selection considering all kind of shit in that list.

Based on the player profiles posted earlier, which has Kobe playing a significant amount of games, they should show up around 31 wins. (29-35 total expected range) If the other profiles -> projections are anything to go by.

Like John Starks said to his doctor, all we need is one ball.

Really surprised that SCHOENE likes the Pistons that much considering how much it values shooting, but I think that system is also projecting KCP to be awesome as well...

The Thunder prediction just seems out there though. A 51-31 record usually goes with a +4 or less MOV, so SCHOENE is projecting that Kevin Martin being replaced by Reggie Jackson and Westbrook missing a few weeks will cause a five point drop in MOV? That's pretty insane.

Top Bottom