• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I can't wait for another season of new D-Rose returns commercials.

Not for nothing me to. No other sport holds a candle to the greatness that is basketball commercials and you know Addidas is going to go all in on D Rose's new commercials.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ben Gordon thrown out of a preseason game after giving the ball away 6 times in a row

i don't need this, jesus

bennett fouled out trying to stop ramon "going right" sessions

Kobe doesn't fucking play around.
Chris Duhon was the victim of a hit-and-run on Saturday, while walking with his brother-in-law through a parking garage in Orlando.

Duhon reportedly landed on the car's hood and slammed his head into the windshield. He was taken to a hospital where he said he couldn't remember the incident, but it seems he avoided any major injuries. Duhon, who drew passing interest from the Knicks and Sixers this summer, intends to press charges against the as-yet-unidentified assailant.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Update on CJ McCollum:

Portland Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum will undergo a non-operative ultrasound procedure on Wednesday to repair the fifth metatarsal fracture in his left foot. The procedure, which is designed to stimulate bone growth, will be performed at the OrthoCarolina Foot and Ankle Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina by Dr. Robert Anderson.
All ten fractures that were treated with ultrasound healed both clinically and radiographically by fifty-six days after the injury. Of the ten fractures that were not treated with ultrasound, six healed by eighty-seven days, two healed by 112 days, and two still had not healed by twenty weeks after the injury.

http://forwardcenter.net/mccollum-to-undergoe-non-surgical-procedure-to-repair-broken-left-foot/

56-days probably puts him at a 10-12 week timeline.

qhawXKc.png

fucking lol

dude's shooting was ass tonight

reilo

I'm not a doctor and don't really follow medical news, but I thought ultrasound was bullshit and that sample seems pretty small.

The doctor that is performing it was the president of of American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society and he repaired Curry's ankle, so I got no clue.

Also, there's this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2762251/

ow-intensity pulsed ultrasound […] has a fairly extensive evidence base derived from randomized trials. In particular, one meta-analysis of 3 studies was conducted to explore the effect of low-intensity pulsed ultrasound therapy on time to fracture healing. The studies that were pooled had one group of patients receiving low-intensity ultrasound treatment and one control group in examining the treatment of scaphoid, distal radial, and tibial shaft fractures. The pooled results for the studies showed that the time of healing in the ultrasound group was significantly shorter than in the control group […]; the mean difference in healing time was calculated to be 64 days. These findings suggest that ultrasound may have substantial benefits to both quality of life and cost effectiveness in fracture healing.

Jeff-DSA

Bad news, Jazz-Age. My letter to Stern asking for the Jazz to be allowed to play in the East this season was denied. No playoffs this year. :(

qhawXKc.png

fucking lol

dude's shooting was ass tonight

that's got to go on the wall of "don't give a fuck" moments the Heat will have this year

I lol at them talking about reinventing themselves. They're going to go through so many give-no-fuck games in the season. hopefully more of them are like that epic comeback in cleveland!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
that's got to go on the wall of "don't give a fuck" moments the Heat will have this year

I lol at them talking about reinventing themselves. They're going to go through so many give-no-fuck games in the season. hopefully more of them are like that epic comeback in cleveland!

epic comeback against a lottery team?

when did the heat turn into the lakers?

Forever

Banned
So, back from the game. The important guys didn't play so much but I liked how Pierce managed to feed Lopez even with KG out. Plumlee is raw but athletic as hell, that block on Gerald Wallace was just brutal. Speaking of Gerald Wallace, he looks good. Maybe he'll be happy in Boston, their system seems to suit him better. Dude fucking bear hugged Teletovic to prevent a dunk.

Olynyk continues to impress. I liked him in summer league and he was killing us tonight before he fouled out. He's got a very high ceiling.

One of these things is not like the others...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
They just put the Lakers up today.

Simmons and Rose think that Kobe won't decline at all (a pretty terrible assumption I think) so that's why they weren't in the bottom 12.

I kinda agree. Atleast from a personal performance level.

I refuse to bet against that man until he gives me a reason. He'll figure out a way to compensate for any physical shortcomings. He's already been down that road for a few years now.

Zeus Molecules

like i get why its sort of bad taste but i don't get the joke about L's..... like Heat won last year celtics and lakers are lottery bound (somebody is getting wiggins) . Knicks are a second round team (though I hope CF team) ..... i just don't get it

reilo

The image and the joke that came before it precedes some of your guys' memberships. It's like hearing two friends reference an inside joke and then ask "what are you two laughing about? I want to laugh, too!"

You had to be there.

Zeus Molecules

The image and the joke that came before it precedes some of your guys' memberships. It's like hearing two friends reference an inside joke and then ask "what are you two laughing about? I want to laugh, too!"

You had to be there.

ok fair enough, that makes sense too. thanks

Top Bottom