• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Can't believe ESPN has kawhi ranked higher than Parsons. For some reason they have all fallen in love with him, despite being a below average scorer and facilitator, but above average defender. Parsons is an above average scorer, good facilitator, and average defender (though he was a better defender last year when they didnt ask him to do so much on the offensive side).

I love Kawhi, think he has a bright future ahead of him. But right now, Parsons is the better player in every way except defense. And even then, Parsons does actually play decent defense.

nah.

Lakers In The lottery. Plan the parade.

Wiggins is gonna look so clean in that #12

Forever

Banned
i0B8JjuWkJbOr.gif

Brook has such a great happy face.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Can't believe ESPN has kawhi ranked higher than Parsons. For some reason they have all fallen in love with him, despite being a below average scorer and facilitator, but above average defender. Parsons is an above average scorer, good facilitator, and average defender (though he was a better defender last year when they didnt ask him to do so much on the offtensive side).

I love Kawhi, think he has a bright future ahead of him. But right now, Parsons is the better player in every way except defense. And even then, Parsons does actually play decent defense.

Yeagh I think ESPN got this one right

exarkun

I honestly doubt all of you guys who went "nope" watch the spurs and rox as much as I do. I appreciate that you enjoy watching him in the postseason, but kawhi has went through long periods of struggling the last two seasons. Parsons has immediately improved with the harden addition, while kawhi struggles despite having Timmy D and TP to take the pressure off of him.

I honestly doubt all of you guys who went "nope" watch the spurs and rox as much as I do. I appreciate that you enjoy watching him in the postseason, but kawhi has went through long periods of struggling the last two seasons. Parsons has immediately improved with the harden addition, while kawhi struggles despite having Timmy D and TP to take the pressure off of him.

Come back to us after you check the receipts

fertygo

Yeah, you not even got the argument right.

Parsons isn't better than Leonard at really anything, he just has higher raw numbers due to playing more possessions and getting more touches.

Leonard's defense is great and better than Parsons'. Defense is half of basketball.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The ESPN Insider projections for the playoff teams:
1. Heat: 54-28
2. Bulls: 50-32
3. Nets: 50-32
4. Pacers: 49-33
5. Pistons: 49-33
6. Hawks: 45-37
7. Knicks: 37-45
8. Raptors: 37-45

1. Spurs: 60-22
2. Clippers: 54-28
3. Rockets: 54-28
4. Thunder: 51-31
5. Timberwolves: 51-31
6. Grizzlies: 49-33
7. Nuggets: 44-38
8. Mavericks: 44-38

Hahahahahhaahaha

exarkun

Yeah, you not even got the argument right.

Yea, you not even speak english right.

With Manu being old and shitty, Kawhi will have an expanded role in the offense since hes young and can play with the second unit (as he kind of does now). He'll struggle and his defense will too. I'll bet anyone anything that Parsons will have the better offensive year and his defense won't lag like it did last year. And before the oh dwight nonsense starts, Kawhi had one of, if not the best, defensive center at his back last year. Asik was a monster, but Duncan was better.

What are you even talking about.

Kawhi was awesome last year, it felt like he was restraining himself and playing within the situation. He is going to be an All-Star in the next 3 years.

I think the conversation should be about Harden vs Kawhi. One player was a top 3 player for his team against the Heat in the finals, the other player shit himself and probably caused his team to lose.

exarkun

Kawhi was getting turned out by Klay and Steph. The only thing that stopped them is Steph got tired and Klay couldnt sustain that shooting.

And Kawhi will not make the all-star team. Hes primarily a 3, and I dont see durant going anywhere. His numbers are worse than parsons, and hes on a small market team that won't matter after Duncan retires (sorry to say, I love SA, they're my second favorite team, I have a ton of SA fan friends, but they say the same thing). And Kawhi didnt play within himself, he struggles with being aggressive when TP or Timmy arent playing well. Hes a great player, not in the top 30 or so players like ESPN got him.

Kawhi was getting turned out by Klay and Steph. The only thing that stopped them is Steph got tired and Klay couldnt sustain that shooting.

And Kawhi will not make the all-star team. Hes primarily a 3, and I dont see durant going anywhere. His numbers are worse than parsons, and hes on a small market team that won't matter after Duncan retires (sorry to say, I love SA, they're my second favorite team, I have a ton of SA fan friends, but they say the same thing). And Kawhi didnt play within himself, he struggles with being aggressive when TP or Timmy arent playing well. Hes a great player, not in the top 30 or so players like ESPN got him.

Sit your homer ass down.

555322240.gif

jjasper

So ESPN just spent a day debating, with a bunch TV time and articles, the "controversy" of Kobe being ranked 25 by ESPN? Bravo ESPN.

exarkun

All I get from you guys are simple ass dismissives. Fine, whatever. I get it when it comes from the NY and Laker fans, since either player would be the second best player on those teams.

edit: Damn you Smokey!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
NEW YORK -- The long road back for Greg Oden has been so overwhelmed by disappointment and setbacks that one lost day of practice wasn't going to shake his belief.

There was Oden on Wednesday, sitting in a chair with an ice pack on his left knee at a practice gym in Lower Manhattan. After a significant step two days earlier -- scrimmaging five-on-five with the two-time defending NBA champions -- the one goal was to avoid any swelling that would derail his progress.

Alas, that modest standard was not achieved. When the Heat practiced Wednesday in New York in between games in Washington and Brooklyn, the former No. 1 pick was held out due to knee swelling.

:-\

So ESPN just spent a day debating, with a bunch TV time and articles, the "controversy" of Kobe being ranked 25 by ESPN? Bravo ESPN.

It's so pathetic when the network makes the news about them. Happens very frequently, sadly.

"Here's our controversial opinion."
"Hey, check out our controversial opinion!"

Ratings, sigh.

Crazy talk. The Flame of an Independent San Antonio can not, and must not, be extinguished. Although Tim built the Empire, he leaves it in capable hands after he retires. We still have the Son of Hermes and the Prince That Was Promised.

Kawhi will be the second best SF in the West in 3 years time.

Parsons is a fourth-rate jabron that would shoot 2-21 in a Finals game; Kawhi drastically impacted Achilles himself in at leadt five Finals games.

Crazy talk. The Flame of an Independent San Antonio can not, and must not, be extinguished. Although Tim built the Empire, he leaves it in capable hands after he retires. We still have the Son of Hermes and the Prince That Was Promised.

Parsons is a fourth-rate jabron that would shoot 2-21 in a Finals game; Kawhi drastically impacted Achilles himself in at leadt five Finals games.

Did Jobber or Justin send you?

Bill Walton is that you?

exarkun

i love how dwight compared harden to courtney lee

I thought this was a joke but then I read

On Tuesday, Howard compared Rockets small forward Chandler Parsons to Hedo Turkoglu and Rockets shooting guard James Harden to Courtney Lee but also added that Harden has more scoring ability. He compared Rockets point guard Patrick Beverley to Rafer Alston and Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin to Anthony Johnson.

Wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Blaster, you literally call Lin "Jeremy Alston." Get your boy in line, tell him to get it right.

Hooooly crap going through this page. Leonard has become pretty overrated. Reminds me of the Prince hype after Detroit's championship run. He certainly has potential, but I wouldn't put him on a "higher level" than Parsons quite yet. They are pretty equal in terms of what they do for each team, but this can change obviously.

giri

i love how dwight compared harden to courtney lee

This is why i said there remains a lot of questions about Houston. There remains a lot of questions about Dwight.

Guy really could demonstrate every now and then he has developed some more bball knowledge.

Truphenom

Didn't watch the game, Bread? Even the commentators thought Pierce was shooting a three.

I think I'd get more schadenfreude if Melo left. The Knicks will never win anything anyway as long as Dolan is owner.

Yea but the Melo/Amare experiment is a failure so let it rot away. If the team is gonna be bad they might as well be bad with some younger players imo.

giri

Yea but the Melo/Amare experiment is a failure so let it rot away. If the team is gonna be bad they might as well be bad with some younger players imo.

You can hate on melo all you like, but he's not exactly surrounded by great talent at all positions there.

Chandler is the only other legit allstar on the Knicks, considering Amare never takes the court anymore. Out side of that the roster is very... flawed / bare.

Getting Amare off the books may finally let them get some pieces, but i haven't looked at what their cap space will be when that happens.

You can hate on melo all you like, but he's not exactly surrounded by great talent at all positions there.

Chandler is the only other legit allstar on the Knicks, considering Amare never takes the court anymore. Out side of that the roster is very... flawed / bare.

Getting Amare off the books may finally let them get some pieces, but i haven't looked at what their cap space will be when that happens.

Even Tyson is iffy lately, shump is promising though.

Truphenom

Not hating on Melo at all, I just don't think he ever wins a ring with the Knicks. The pieces def could be better but since there's no real flexibility to fix all that thanks to some of the contracts, I think it's best to blow it up.

Top Bottom