• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Melo wants to opt out lmao

I would opt out too if i was him. He ain't winning squat with the knicks any time soon, might as well get the most money along the process. Though I gotta say if he REALLY wants a legit chance to get a shot of a chip every season, I think spurs would be great/best team to go to. Melo is the kind of guy who wants to be in a huge city, but fuck that winning is everything. Clips can be a great option too.

Even the goddamn rockets preseason ball is blocked over my area on nba tv. either i get a league pass or sub to CSN or something. what a joke.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dmo is cringe worthy tonight.

Yea Clyde is lol

houston commentators are fucking terrible

tho at least they don't insult other teams players like the spurs douchebags do

Bunch of homers and they've been shitting on Oladipo.

I would opt out too if i was him. He ain't winning squat with the knicks any time soon, might as well get the most money along the process. Though I gotta say if he REALLY wants a legit chance to get a shot of a chip every season, I think spurs would be great/best team to go to. Melo is the kind of guy who wants to be in a huge city, but fuck that winning is everything. Clips can be a great option too.

Even the goddamn rockets preseason ball is blocked over my area on nba tv. either i get a league pass or sub to CSN or something. what a joke.

Getting the most money is with The Knicks, you big ass idiot.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Too busy being mad to realize Melo is extorting his own team

I thought we all knew here he was opting out for the money?

anyhow the real question will be whether the knicks understanding that he is a large cap hold will decide to try to trade those large expirings (amare, Tyson, and barg totalling about 50 million) along with kickers of their roleplayer and picks to get contracts of equal value or if they decide to go into FA and get one max contract instead. My mind says they are leaning towards a trade.....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I thought we all knew here he was opting out for the money?

anyhow the real question will be whether the knicks understanding that he is a large cap hold will decide to try to trade those large expirings (amare, Tyson, and barg totalling about 50 million) along with kickers of their roleplayer and picks to get contracts of equal value or if they decide to go into FA and get one max contract instead. My mind says they are leaning towards a trade.....

They already made up their minds going by that logic.

Who willingly trades for Bargnani?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
your right nobody ever trades for expiring contracts.
wait

do you know how much money Bargnani makes?

why does trading for MORE salary, giving away picks, then adopting the old-cba practices like that even make sense? With the new salary floor in place, teams simply sign filler every year. There's no point in trading for expirings anymore

Ahh. I'll just put it this way, man. There are different ways to hunt. I watch the Discovery Channel all the time, and you look at all these animals in the wild. And they all hunt a different way to feed their families. They all kill a different way. Lions do it strategically -- two females will lead, and then everybody else will come in. Hyenas will just go for it. There are different ways to kill, and I don't think people understand that. Everybody wants everybody to kill the same way. Everybody wants everybody to kill like MJ or kill like Kobe. Magic didn't kill the way they killed. Does that mean he didn't have a killer instinct? Kareem didn't either. But does that mean Kareem didn't have a killer instinct? The same with Bird. That doesn't mean you don't have a killer instinct. Tim Duncan don't kill like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, but I've played against Tim Duncan twice in the Finals and I know for sure he's got a killer instinct. So there are different ways to kill. MJ had a killer instinct for sure. But if people really think that MJ didn't talk to nobody and didn't smile on the court, they're crazy. They're crazy. I've seen him. I was watching a clip the other day of him blocking Charles Barkley, and they're laughing about the play -- on the floor. Right now, if I block Kevin Durant on the floor, or I block Carmelo Anthony and we laugh about it? Ahh, I'm going to get killed [laughing]. I'm telling you. But there are different ways of killing.

Why don't you just go out and try to take over games with your scoring?
At the end of the day, I don't feel like we even get to that point [the Finals] if I'm doing what everybody's telling me to do -- "Why don't he pass the ball to his teammates? Why don't he go out and just think about scoring 40 and 50?" Then I don't see us being the No. 1 team in the East. I don't see us getting to the Finals. I don't see me being who I am. That's not me.
The so-called gurus of basketball want LeBron to be Bernard King. I'm not Bernard King. I'm not a flat-out scorer like that. That's not all that I do. I do a little bit of everything. I averaged 31 in Cleveland my third or fourth year, and that didn't get us anywhere. I led the league in scoring. People forget that. I led the league in scoring one year, and I think I was 1Tsecond or third behind Kobe and Allen Iverson another year. [James actually has finished second in points per game three times.] I think it's great that you can put up a lot of points, but that ain't my legacy -- being a scorer. When you say LeBron James, you ain't gonna say, "Ahh, man, he was a flat-out scorer." I did a little bit of everything. I can score, though [big smile].

What could you average if you just went out and looked to be a scorer?
Thirty-five.
Probably more than that.
Probably more than that. I could get about 35 or 40. I probably could do it. It'd be hell on my body, though, I tell you that, trying to get 40 a night. But I can get 35 a night. I'm averaging eight assists a game. You cut that in half. I'm at 27, 28 points a game right now, with eight assists a game, so …

Lebron quotes

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
wait

why does trading for MORE salary, giving away picks, then adopting the old-cba practices like that even make sense? With the new salary floor in place, teams simply sign filler every year. There's no point in trading for expirings anymore

This ignores the difference between a long term contract and expiring and that even with a salary floor there are teams that are above it and might want to shed salary.

Anyhow dy i don't want to go back and forth with you on something that you know as well as I is an actual possibility. I gave my opinion. You can come up with alternative scenarios that are also possible but they doesn't make the earlier scenario wrong.

giri

wait

Oh i don't know.

If Dwight flops tihs year in houston, they might be enticed to trade dwight for tyson as tysons an expiring.

oladipo's first real crappy game, although 9 points on 3 made baskets and 3 assists to 1 turnover in 20 minutes isn't too bad

houston commentary is so goddamn bad tho

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Denver Broncos-GAF: I've become a good acquaintance of Wesley Woodyard's father-in-law over the past few days. Random, I know. :p

I stumbled upon a YT comment from 6 years ago.. While searching for a Lebron baby pic that i could use for a new avatar..

lebron will b a champion one day! mark my words, at 22 and taking a team to the finals? it's unheard of, watch out for them BLAZERS, and if Kobe24 gets big help, look out for the Lakers, in the east...Cavs, Knicks and Orlando, and Brooklyn Nets will do some buzz...but lebron will get his. The spurs are very talented, and experienced, so i say, they will repeat, horry will retire with 8 rings or more and finley will have 2. Now that the NBA is over, what is next? ohhh, X-Games Baby!!

He/she was this close in getting all right lol. I got reminded of how happy I was for finley when he got his ring. But it sucked at the same time as it was at the expense of Lebron.

Forever

Banned
Lol Knicks.

I need a new avvy now that Mr. Humphries-Kardashian is a dirty Celtic. :(

NsAuUfV.png
n4eFfIA.png
pibywLZ.png
O6sos71.png

Take one my friend.

I stumbled upon a YT comment from 6 years ago.. While searching for a Lebron baby pic that i could use for a new avatar..

He/she was this close in getting all right lol. I got reminded of how happy I was for finley when he got his ring. But it sucked at the same time as it was at the expense of Lebron.

22 year old going to the Finals is unheard of? Magic won the NBA Finals at 20...and 22, got Finals MVP both times too.

Top Bottom