• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

lmao Bobcats got LoJ mindbroke

Pretty much, with the current make up of our roster there aren't a whole lot of good trade options available to us unless someone decides to blow up their team. If we can't bring in a young all-star through trade we're going to have to cash in all of our chips in this draft. And I think the Lakers and possibly the Celtics are our best options to trade up.

Malo

Banned
The Lakers will get the 8th seed. I believe in them.
I have a bet with a delusional cousin who thinks, that not only are they making the playoffs, but they're going to the finals and winning. Easiest money I'll ever make.

Back to lurking.

Alright Lakers-Gaf I've got a likely draft scenario for you guys. I've been analyzing stats, lineups, schedules, and organization directions nd I've got you guys as a solid lock to pick in the top 5. I've got the Hornets right behind you at 7.

So let's say you guys get the 4th pick and we get the 7th. Depending on who's still on the board I'm willing to bet we'd be willing to trade you both of our other firsts and the 7th to move up. We'd probably also offer to trade you Henderson for Nash, the 7th, and one of our other picks as well. You guys would basically be entering the offseason with only 2nd rounders, Nick Young, and possibly Hendo on your books with 3 top 20 picks and a boatload of cap space. If you're going to bring back Kobe you're going to need all the cap space you can to afford to bring in other guys that can make a difference, i.e. Melo, Dieng, a Center, etc. I really think it's the best case scenario for you guys, especially if you can get Melo to LA. And we sure as hell aren't going to be needing to bring in 3 more rookies next year so something has to give.

Nah, Nash could very well hang it up this offseason or mid season with how his body is falling apart.

While Henderson gets 6 mil this, next and possibly the season after.

Plus the 4th pick, if LA gets it, will probably be really solid.

Nah, Nash could very well hang it up this offseason or mid season with how his body is falling apart.

While Henderson gets 6 mil this, next and possibly the season after.

Plus the 4th pick, if LA gets it, will probably be really solid.

Yeah, I don't see Nash playing another season. With all the picks you've traded away though a 3 for one swap would go a long way towards getting the team back on track fast. You'd still get a really good player at 7.

Also with Gasol's injury history the Lakers are likely to be trotting out a lineup of:

Farmar
Nick Young
Wes Johnson
Ryan Kelly
And Jordan Hill

That lineup is not winning anything, it rivals the 76'ers for worst in the league.

Yeah, I don't see Nash playing another season. With all the picks you've traded away though a 3 for one swap would go a long way towards getting the team back on track fast. You'd still get a really good player at 7.

Also with Gasol's injury history the Lakers are likely to be trotting out a lineup of:

Farmar
Nick Young
Wes Johnson
Ryan Kelly
And Jordan Hill

That lineup is not winning anything, it rivals the 76'ers for worst in the league.

I'm not sure how the LA FO will play it but if Nash checks out and I know we'll let Gasol walk, we'll have Young/Kobe and that's it. If Kobe survives this season and can reach a deal to stay.

I'd rather we get the best talent possible, tank a couple more seasons and continue taking the best possible player.

Fasttracking a rebuild almost never works.

The Lakers will get the 8th seed. I believe in them.
wes-johnsonjpg-cc8ac976c929593d_large.jpg

I'm not sure how the LA FO will play it but if Nash checks out and I know we'll let Gasol walk, we'll have Young/Kobe and that's it. If Kobe survives this season and can reach a deal to stay.

I'd rather we get the best talent possible, tank a couple more seasons and continue taking the best possible player.

Fasttracking a rebuild almost never works.

If you're doing a full rebuild Kobe is gone. You'd have to sign and trade him to someone with a hefty contract to meet the minimum salary requirement. Boozer in Chicago would probably be the best you could do, you might even get them to cough up the first we owe them.

If you're doing a full rebuild Kobe is gone. You'd have to sign and trade him to someone with a hefty contract to meet the minimum salary requirement. Boozer in Chicago would probably be the best you could do, you might even get them to cough up the first we owe them.

A team like LA would much rather get the 4th pick and sign a bunch of misfits to 1 year deals than to swap for several late first rounders.

Kobe could be gone, but if you're gonna suck, might as well keep him. He generates cash and its in his own interest to stay in LA forever. LA won't have a problem tanking even with Kobe on the roster.

A team like LA would much rather get the 4th pick and sign a bunch of misfits to 1 year deals than to swap for several late first rounders.

Kobe could be gone, but if you're gonna suck, might as well keep him. He generates cash and its in his own interest to stay in LA forever. LA won't have a problem tanking even with Kobe on the roster.

Your FO probably doesn't have a problem tanking with Kobe, but unless he's more interested in stat padding than winning for the rest of his career then I don't see how it's in his best interest to stay a Laker. With Kobe, Mirotic coming over,and enough cap space to sign another impact player the Bulls would be hard to beat.

Your FO probably doesn't have a problem tanking with Kobe, but unless he's more interested in stat padding than winning for the rest of his career then I don't see how it's in his best interest to stay a Laker. With Kobe, Mirotic coming over,and enough cap space to sign another impact player the Bulls would be hard to beat.

Kobe for Deng and Boozer. Jimmy Butler at the 3 and Taj starts at the 4. Probably doesn't work out cap wise and will never happen, but what the fuck?

Edit:
dgZdDPN.gif

Do it GarForman/Mitch!

Kobe for Deng and Boozer. Jimmy Butler at the 3 and Taj starts at the 4. Probably doesn't work out cap wise and will never happen, but what the fuck?

nah

they'll just let deng expire this summer and give Kobe the same money Luol was making. 14.5 per. They have no reason to lose Booz.

If Kobe can return to last years form and be a three and D guy for them he'd probably get number 6.

Kobe could very well leave, still doesn't benefit LA to trade a top 4 pick for 3 lesser players just to bolster the roster when they can just do what they did this season and pad the roster with vets and bums.

nah

they'll just let deng expire this summer and give Kobe the same money Luol was making. 14.5 per. They have no reason to lose Booz.

If Kobe can return to last years form and be a three and D guy for them he'd probably get number 6.

Fuck Boozer! I want him gone, especially with the way Taj is playing.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
nah

Stop teasing me, I already lived through Kobe to the Bulls once.

Sanjuro

Kobe could very well leave, still doesn't benefit LA to trade a top 4 pick for 3 lesser players just to bolster the roster when they can just do what they did this season and pad the roster with vets and bums.

I'd say currently trading most franchise leading talent for any other pick other than 1st overall doesn't benefit most franchises.

Nori Chan

The Lakers will try to win this season.. why else do you think they keep bringing in vets?
So the casuals don't know we're tanking.

"look @ all these 1st rnd picks signing! were going to win the chip this year and kobe will win MVP and be better than Jordan. Kobe da goat Fuk lebron"

#mitchatwork

If you're going for a full rebuild then yeah I agree you don't trade down.

Kobe on the Bulls facing off against the Heat would be fanfucking amazing to watch. It would be a hell of a lot better than watching him die in LA.

Favors averaging 16 rebounds per 36 minutes in the preseason and is the overall preseason leader in rebounding (by a good margin) without adjusting for minutes as well #preseasonmoralvictories

exarkun

How long are the Jazz going to keep the semi-tank talk going? Being on the mediocre treadmill sucks, so I'd like to see them commit either way. The Rox got lucky cause OKC finally bit, but even then we didn't know Harden would do what he did those first few games.

funny how 2011 draft ended up being like the deepest draft in the last decade

Looking at 2011:

Irving
D Will
Kanter
Thompson
Val
Kawhi
Vucevic
Shump
Tobias
Faried
Jimmy Butler
Parsons
Singler
Klay
Kemba
Reggie Jackson

Of course the wiz come out of that draft with Vesely and Singleton...

To be fair to Ernie, I liked D-Will, Vucevic and Singler for our picks that year lul

D-Will was still one of the best college players I ever saw in his sophmore year doe

Top Bottom