• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

KingGondo

Banned
funny how 2011 draft ended up being like the deepest draft in the last decade

Looking at 2011:

Irving
D Will
Kanter
Thompson
Val
Kawhi
Vucevic
Shump
Tobias
Faried
Jimmy Butler
Parsons
Singler
Klay
Kemba
Reggie Jackson

Of course the wiz come out of that draft with Vesely and Singleton...

To be fair to Ernie, I liked D-Will, Vucevic and Singler for our picks that year lul

D-Will was still one of the best college players I ever saw in his sophmore year doe
Everybody was shitting on that draft class too.

Wonder if we'll be saying the same thing about 2013 in a couple years?

Emwitus

Looking at 2011:

Irving
D Will
Kanter
Thompson
Val
Kawhi
Vucevic
Shump
Tobias
Faried
Jimmy Butler
Parsons
Singler
Klay
Kemba
Reggie Jackson

To be fair to Ernie, I liked D-Will, Vucevic and Singler for our picks that year lul

D-Will was still one of the best college players I ever saw in his sophmore year doe

It's too early to call that draft anything but a meh draft.

h3ro

Spurs camo alts, could have been worse. Was rumored to have sleeves at first.

dMqEfQIl.jpg

Knicks adding an orange alt as well. I like it. Much better than the orange one from last Christmas.

RV3meOF.jpg

exarkun

Hayward has seen some real growth. His handle and movement with the ball was janky as fuck when he came into the league. Had real trouble scoring, but hes always had the defense and really hustled hard. Seeing him now, his J has really improved, he handles the ball much better, and he moves off the ball really well.

Honestly, it was a shaky draft choice based on what he had at the time, but his potential is real and the Jazz's staff should take aloooot of credit for really developing him.

h3ro

Heat opening game uniforms:

htbWevI.jpg

I think this current iteration of the Heat jersey design has run it's course. I liked the design of the 90's jersey. They've worn the throwback a few times, would be a nice change to see that become the regular uniform. But then again, fuck the heat.

diehard

Fleer
Hayward has seen some real growth. His handle and movement with the ball was janky as fuck when he came into the league. Had real trouble scoring, but hes always had the defense and really hustled hard. Seeing him now, his J has really improved, he handles the ball much better, and he moves off the ball really well.

Honestly, it was a shaky draft choice based on what he had at the time, but his potential is real and the Jazz's staff should take aloooot of credit for really developing him.

Supposedly he worked on his short game over the summer.. floaters and whatnot. I still doubt he shoots over 38-39% this year being the only real creator on the team though (not counting burke yet).

Love watching his behind the back dribble.

Also he upgraded his girl this summer.

exarkun

Supposedly he worked on his short game over the summer.. floaters and whatnot. I still doubt he shoots over 38-39% this year being the only real creator on the team though (not counting burke yet).

Love watching his behind the back dribble.

Also he upgraded his girl this summer.

Pics or didnt happen.

Also, remember I said Burks sucks midway through last season and I got scoled? I thought he finally hit those semi-open jumpers he had late last season, but dude is a bit of a dud as a starter. Think he has a real chance as a 6th man, but hes too inconsistent to really start all the time (if something else happens to burke). Or as a 2 guard.

diehard

Fleer
Pics or didnt happen.

Also, remember I said Burks sucks midway through last season and I got scoled? I thought he finally hit those semi-open jumpers he had late last season, but dude is a bit of a dud as a starter. Think he has a real chance as a 6th man, but hes too inconsistent to really start all the time (if something else happens to burke). Or as a 2 guard.

I can post later tonight but twitter is totally blocked at work..

Burks looks good most of the time other than his broken jumper, which admittedly is pretty damn important for a guard. If it doesn't get better he won't ever be more than a scorer off the bench because of his ability to get to the line.

giri

Looking at 2011:

Irving
D Will
Kanter
Thompson
Val
Kawhi
Vucevic
Shump
Tobias
Faried
Jimmy Butler
Parsons
Singler
Klay
Kemba
Reggie Jackson

Half the players listed are mediocre and may very well struggle to stay around long term. And only 3 have a chance to be an all star.

It wasn't that deep, and when going looking for franchise players (how most drafts are rated) it only had 2 Irving and either Kanter of Kawhi.

Good role players, but it wasn't that good a draft.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Half the players listed are mediocre and may very well struggle to stay around long term. And only 3 have a chance to be an all star.

It wasn't that deep, and when going looking for franchise players (how most drafts are rated) it only had 2 Irving and either Kanter of Kawhi.

to be fair bruh how many drafts can say in recent years that it produced 2-3 all stars and about another 10 roleplayers who are or could be starters at some point in their career.

diehard

Fleer

It still has rotation players 12-14 players deep, which is really good by most draft standards... even if light on franchise players.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Looking at 2011:

Irving
D Will
Kanter
Thompson
Val
Kawhi
Vucevic
Shump
Tobias
Faried
Jimmy Butler
Parsons
Singler
Klay
Kemba
Reggie Jackson

Funny how 2010 was a better draft than 11

Wall
Favors
Cousins
Udoh
Monroe
Hayward
George
Sanders
Bledsoe
Bradley
Vasquez
Fields

11 isn't shit, but it isn't that great.. and it really isn't even close to one of the deepest in a decade..

htbWevI.jpg

I think this current iteration of the Heat jersey design has run it's course. I liked the design of the 90's jersey. They've worn the throwback a few times, would be a nice change to see that become the regular uniform. But then again, fuck the heat.
Wow I really like those opening night jerseys. I've always wanted them to incorporate more yellow.

Emwitus

htbWevI.jpg

Oh boy. Why not plaster number 23 on there too.

2008 was a pretty great year:

Rose
Westbrook
Bropez
Love
Hibbert
Asik
Ryno
Gallinari
Pekovic
Ibaka
Batum
Hill
Dragic
Koufos
Ropez
Rush
Thompson

And then there's McGee, Gordon, Mayo, DeAndre, Chalmers, LRMAM, Hickson, and Speights who have some positives even though they're very flawed overall.

The guys from the 2010 and 2011 draft are still too raw to really judge right now. I think the top end of both is pretty similar, but the 2010 draft has more potential of its non top end (like Monroe, Bledsoe, Cousins) whereas the 2011 draft has produced more guys that already can help teams win with efficient scoring and or good defense (like Butler, Parsons, Isaiah).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
2008 was a pretty great year:

Rose
Westbrook
Bropez
Love
Hibbert
Asik
Ryno
Gallinari
Pekovic
Ibaka
Batum
Hill
Dragic
Koufos
Ropez
Rush
Thompson

And then there's McGee, Gordon, Mayo, DeAndre, Chalmers, LRMAM, Hickson, and Speights who have some positives even though they're very flawed overall.

The guys from the 2010 and 2011 draft are still too raw to really judge right now. I think the top end of both is pretty similar, but the 2010 draft has more potential of its non top end (like Monroe, Bledsoe, Cousins) whereas the 2011 draft has produced more guys that already can help teams win with efficient scoring and or good defense (like Butler, Parsons, Isaiah).

09 was fairly good!

Emwitus

Forgive my ignorance on matters of anxiety. I've never been diagnosed or anything but I've always been afraid of flyin. I know if I was getting paid a million dollars id take those flights but I'd have to be medicated. White can't to do the same ? Is it that bad? The conditon I mean?

Pimpwerx

I give you doc and pops but miss me with the ass pulls.

Doc isn't better than Spo. I have no idea where this notion comes from, but it needs to stop. Doc's never really been great at any particular thing. I think the thing he was best at was drawing up plays, but Spo's better at that too.

People don't want to give Spo credit for much, to the point where they'd rather blame Pop and Vogel for making dumb mistakes than admit Spo forced their hands. PEACE.

Forever

Banned
Forgive my ignorance on matters of anxiety. I've never been diagnosed or anything but I've always been afraid of flyin. I know if I was getting paid a million dollars id take those flights but I'd have to be medicated. White can't to do the same ? Is it that bad? The conditon I mean?

I don't doubt that he has a serious condition, but knowing other people who have clinical anxiety I believe that Royce also has a poor character that compounds the problem and makes it impossible for him to get the help he needs. He has surrounded himself with yes men, convinced himself that he is leading a great crusade for mental health, and fathered children with everything that moves while refusing to take responsibility.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Doc isn't better than Spo. I have no idea where this notion comes from, but it needs to stop. Doc's never really been great at any particular thing. I think the thing he was best at was drawing up plays, but Spo's better at that too.

People don't want to give Spo credit for much, to the point where they'd rather blame Pop and Vogel for making dumb mistakes than admit Spo forced their hands. PEACE.
Yes.

They forced him to play LBJ.

Pimpwerx

Yes.

They forced him to play LBJ.

That's not what caused two good coaches to sit their centers, giving up critical rebounds. It was the lineups he's able to put on the floor effectively. Again, most attempts at smallball fail miserably, but he forced two of them to make the same "mistakes". I don't consider them mistakes, but the general consensus is that they shouldn't have say Hibbert and Duncan. That's just the benefit of hindsight, however.

The lineups on the floor as well as offense centered around the 3-ball meant both Pop and Vogel had to make the same decision. Once? It might be a fluke. Two different coaches in the same situation? That's Spo forcing their hand. It had little to do with Bron other than Bron and Bosh are the gears that make smallball run. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Lol let's forget the guy that outcoached your super team. Its like heatage all got collective amnesia from anything pre 2012 lebron.

It's like haters got amnesia about the 2011 bench. Still, Spo admitted he made mistakes, and has grown since then. If everyone got judged forever by their third year in something, you might be considered one of the worst posters on this forum. Oh...oops. PEACE.

Top Bottom