• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

linsivvi

Dantoni>McHale

but really, they do. Although I think Lakers run set plays some times. Houston can run though since they're super young.

Not really. McHale is still the better coach. Dantoni's approach is to throw shit at the wall until it sticks, and that's how he arrives at the current rotation after experimenting for 30 games. He's now afraid to make any change to the rotation despite all the injuries. The Lakers is the oldest team in the league and has the shortest rotation. You can't play your 30+ players 45 minutes a game and expect to win.

Not really. McHale is still the better coach. Dantoni's approach is to throw shit at the wall until it sticks, and that's how he arrives at the current rotation after experimenting for 30 games. He's now afraid to make any change to the rotation despite all the injuries. The Lakers is the oldest team in the league and has the shortest rotation. You can't play your 30+ players 45 minutes a game and expect to win.
lol Mchale will sit the hottest dude on the court for the whole quarter, Chandler Parson's said that they literally make shit up on offense, that's why they jack up so many threes. Mchale's substitutions are gawd awful and makes no adjustments. Dantoni sucks but the Lakers make him look worse.

Both teams depend on their center for defense though.

rox-age would you guys rather face OKC or SA?

SA has no ginobli but so much playoff experience & Pop. OKC is scary as hell in the playoffs & their homecourt advantage is insane

I think we have a better shot against SA
SA easily. Rox can't beat the Spurs even without Ginobli but if Parker is injured or doesn't play for the majority of series, Houston can MAYBE pull out.

OKC would sweep the Rox unless Harden is going for career highs every night(along with averaging 20 FTAs)

cacophony

rox-age would you guys rather face OKC or SA?

SA has no ginobli but so much playoff experience & Pop. OKC is scary as hell in the playoffs & their homecourt advantage is insane

I think we have a better shot against SA

For some reason he's projected as top 10.

Guess NBA GMs can't get enough of the Kendall Marshall types.

He doesn't look remotely explosive to me, he won't score to save his life at the next level and his playmaking ability will be limited. I look at Darius Morris in and out of D-League and honestly wonder what the difference is.

linsivvi

lol Mchale will sit the hottest dude on the court for the whole quarter, Chandler Parson's said that they literally make shit up on offense, that's why they jack up so many threes. Mchale's substitutions are gawd awful and makes no adjustments. Dantoni sucks but the Lakers make him look worse.

Both teams depend on their center for defense though.

McHale is bad, but Antoni is the worst. You don't think the Lakers make shit up on offense? They do. It's called Nash improvisation or Kobe iso. The Lakers didn't make him look worse, he made the Lakers look worse.

You think sitting the hottest dude on the court is bad? How about asking a career low post player to play on the perimeter and shoot 3s? If he was the coach of the Spurs he would make Duncan look like a scrub.

You have no idea how terrible Antoni is until you follow a team coached by him. I hated him even when he was coaching the Suns but even then I underestimated his terribleness until this season.

I can't believe Syracuse had to punish people for so many weeks with their horrible play.

Trey Burke looked so slow tonight :(

Yo IWMTB,

What do you think of Anthony Bennett?

And who is the best player in this draft?

I dislike Bennett, he's a really lazy tweener.

Noel is the best player in the draft. I still like Porter a lot too and Oladipo as long as he's actually 6'5. I don't really like anyone else that much. Red Blaster and Joe have watched a lot more college basketball than me this year though.

charsace

Burke doesn't look as good as other top pgs have looked attacking the paint. Their wasn't a zone that could keep most NBA pgs out of the paint in college. Even Faton as he is now can bust a zone by splitting the double or by attacking seams off drives. Burke doesn't do that.

I can't believe Syracuse had to punish people for so many weeks with their horrible play.

Trey Burke looked so slow tonight :(

I dislike Bennett, he's a really lazy tweener.

Noel is the best player in the draft. I still like Porter a lot too and Oladipo as long as he's actually 6'5. I don't really like anyone else that much. Red Blaster and Joe have watched a lot more college basketball than me this year though.

Do you think Oladipo can be a star or more of a defensive minded role player?

DominoKid

Burke doesn't look as good as other top pgs have looked attacking the paint. Their wasn't a zone that could keep most NBA pgs out of the paint in college. Even Faton as he is now can bust a zone by splitting the double or by attacking seams off drives. Burke doesn't do that.

i know it was a long time ago but Felton actually had burst in college unlike Burke.

Do you think Oladipo can be a star or more of a defensive minded role player?

3rd banana, best case.

charsace

This draft blows. Burke is Ty Lawson without the blazing speed and quickness and without the strength. He doesn't run a team as well as Lawson either. He will take care of the ball like Lawson though and will knock down jumpers like Lawson.

i know it was a long time ago but Felton actually had burst in college unlike Burke.

3rd banana, best case.
Faton still has a burst and can still break down doubles and zones. Faton just isn't the fastest player in the world any more like he was when he first got into the league.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Michigan wins!

Michigan vs Louisville!

Adidas vs Adidas!

Who ever has the least amount of ankle and knee injuries wins!

The jerseys should be awesome. I hope Michigan wears yellow everything.

3rd banana, best case.

Offensively, yeah on a good team (unless it's some terrible offensive team with great D like the Bulls or Pacers this year), but I think he could be the second best player on a team that wins a decent amount of games and makes the playoffs and maybe the second-round.

This draft blows. Burke is Ty Lawson without the blazing speed and quickness and without the strength. He doesn't run a team as well as Lawson either. He will take care of the ball like Lawson though and will knock down jumpers like Lawson.

Faton still has a burst and can still break down doubles and zones. Faton just isn't the fastest player in the world any more like he was when he first got into the league.

Burke doesn't play like Lawson, Burke's main strength in the NBA will be his jumper off-the-dribble. He'll be a Jameer, Terrell Brandon, Bibby clone.

charsace

Burke doesn't play like Lawson, Burke's main strength in the NBA will be his jumper off-the-dribble. He'll be a Jameer, Terrell Brandon, Bibby clone.

He won't be nearly as good as Brandon or Bibby. Especially Bibby who was a better looking player in college and a better athlete than Burke.

Z22916u.gif

He won't be nearly as good as Brandon or Bibby. Especially Bibby who was a better looking player in college and a better athlete than Burke.

Burke's sophomore statline is basically identical to Bibby's at Arizona

i just find it hard to believe a pg with a 6'5" wingspan, 3.1 ast/to ratio in an efficient nba-styled offense in the toughest conference in the NCAA, and who's the best shooter off-the-dribble in the NCAA won't be a pretty good player at the next level

iamblades

The only player in this draft that looks like a for sure NBA rotation guy to me is Noel if he can stay healthy.

I'm sure there are going to be other guys who make it in the league, but he is the only one who when you look at him you say 'that's an NBA player'.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Olynyk looks like he will have a career. Even if all he becomes is Nick Collison that's still a good career. It was just nice seeing a college player do some actual post moves for once.

Olynyk looks like he will have a career. Even if all he becomes is Nick Collison that's still a good career. It was just nice seeing a college player do some actual post moves for once.

How many players have redshirted (for non-medical reasons) in their Junior season and turned into NBA players? Zero? One ever? (I really don't know but can't think of any off the top of my head).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How many players have redshirted (for non-medical reasons) in their Junior season and turned into NBA players? Zero? One ever? (I really don't know but can't think of any off the top of my head).

I hear ya. But the player he is now is a lot different than who he was before that red shirt season. 30lbs man!
They redshirted him cause he needed to work on his body and they had bigs that were good at the time. No point in Olynyk wasting a year for a trickle of minutes.

It's not the like media was agreeing with you. Kept talking about if they had ever seen a kid redshirt and then be in conversations for player of the year. It has never happened before.
So maybe he winds up having a NBA career too.

Top Bottom