• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

I'm still trying to get it through my head how "The Drummond Rule" even exists.

I'll concede that Drummond is probably going to be an okay player at some point, but at 20MPG playing primarily against backups and with a FT% that will make it so its impossible for him to be on the court during close games in the 4th...I fail to see how much impact he'll really make. I mean, I'm talking about a guy that's a significantly worse FT shooter than Shaq and Dwight.

Let me say that again--he's a significantly worse FT shooter than Shaq and Dwight.

That's crazy.

I'm still trying to get it through my head how "The Drummond Rule" even exists.

I'll concede that Drummond is probably going to be an okay player at some point, but at 20MPG playing primarily against backups and with a FT% that will make it so its impossible for him to be on the court during close games in the 4th...I fail to see how much impact he'll really make. I mean, I'm talking about a guy that's a significantly worse FT shooter than Shaq and Dwight.

Let me say that again--he's a significantly worse FT shooter than Shaq and Dwight.

That's crazy.

He'll still probably end up a high-level center for 30-32 MPG and that's still really valuable (like with Omer Asik).

More valuable than guys like Thomas Robinson anyway.

He'll still probably end up a high-level center for 30-32 MPG and that's still really valuable (like with Omer Asik).

More valuable than guys like Thomas Robinson anyway.

The difference between .55 and like .35 is pretty ridiculous though. Once teams start scouting him as a starter and play copycat like all coaches do I don't see how they allow the guy to stay on the court for any critical possessions.

Yeah hopefully it's nothing serious. That should help the Clippers a lot, though, since they could definitely stand to have a blowout game where the starters rest considering it's the front half of a back-to-back that ends with a game that likely decides HCA between Memphis and LAC.

The difference between .55 and like .35 is pretty ridiculous though. Once teams start scouting him as a starter and play copycat like all coaches do I don't see how they allow the guy to stay on the court for any critical possessions.
That's what Greg Monroe is for?

Yeah hopefully it's nothing serious. That should help the Clippers a lot, though, since they could definitely stand to have a blowout game where the starters rest considering it's the front half of a back-to-back that ends with a game that likely decides HCA between Memphis and LAC.

i'm not up to date on playoff seedin rules but i thought winning a division guarantees you a top 4 seeding and since both clips and san antonio won their division it would mean that memphis can't get that 4th seed.

The team that has the best record in each of the three divisions in each conference is declared division champion. The three champions, and another team in the conference with the best record, are seeded one through four by their records. This guarantees that the division champions will be no lower than fourth seed, and also ensures that a conference's two best teams (by record) are ranked as the top two.

seems about right.

this-is-beautiful.gif

Emwitus

Okay, if seeding doesn't determine home court but win/loss record in a series. What's the advantage of having top four seeding only because you topped your division? Need a little help?

i'm not up to date on playoff seedin rules but i thought winning a division guarantees you a top 4 seeding and since both clips and san antonio won their division it would mean that memphis can't get that 4th seed.

seems about right.

The Clippers are guaranteed the 4th seed, but HCA always goes to the team with the better record if the two teams don't have the same record. If the Clippers have the same or better record than the Grizzlies, they will have HCA. Otherwise, the Grizzlies will.

Top Bottom