• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Does melo ever pass the ball? geez.
Hello, have you seen his last 5-6 games? If they're not doubling him he's taking it. Once they start doubling it opens up the 3 even more.

Both teams have no shotblocking, might as well attack.

EDIT: Besides I need him to get 2 more points.

Manu said:
SAN ANTONIO.- I try to look at the positive side and I'm thinking that while my teammates are headed to cold Denver, I'm enjoying my kids under the sun. To my kids I'm always the same, they don't know if I'm ok or not or if I'm winning or losing games. That's how it should be. But the truth is that looking at it from a career angle this sucks, just like any rest that's not by choice. I've said before that if I had another injury it was going to be complicated for me, and that's what happened. Now I'm doing everything possible to be ready for the playoffs.

The injury was on a location very similar to the last one, on the hamstring, but this time on the right leg. I'm starting to jog, following each step as usual, but I had an ultrasound and the tear is there, so I'm still limited on what I can do.

As far as my personal situation, as it's well known, I'm going to be a free agent when the season is over. At no time there was a chance to renew. Tim didn't do it last season and I'm not going to do it either. A while back I said I wanted to play another couple of season, which i think it's the most coherent idea. Things like this injury are problematic. I'm not saying I feel like retiring, because it's nothing serious. But you never know how you're going to come back from it.

When I look back this was a tougher season than many others. To me, but also to other important players in the team. Stephen Jackson and Kawhi Leonard missed over 20 games, and Duncan and Parker about 15. Tony also had some bruises and bumps that didn't allow him to play the last few games. Same thing with Boris Diaw.

Looking at all this, I feel there's even more merit that we're still fighting for that 1st spot in the West, which is clearly the tougher conference, with many more competitive teams. Be able to surpass 55 wins is already a remarkable achievement (we've won 57), and we still can reach 60, something that not many teams can do.

Nevertheless, the #1 spot is not guaranteed. We have five game left and some are quite difficult. We've Denver on the road, Sacramento at home, a back to back with Lakers and Golden State on the road and the last one against Minnesota at home.

Because things are looking very even to determine the last few spots left, ending up with the 1st or 2nd seed won't probably change many things. The possible opponents are changing constantly and are a lot. Could be Houston, Utah or Lakers. Even Dallas, although it looks difficult. It could even be Golden State. Whoever we get will be very tough and we're likely going to be guessing who we're playing until the last game. That's why, right now, all we think about is ourselves and we don't look as much who we might play against.

Amongst so many setbacks, Pop is trying to diagram what's to come, trying to make up for the absences. We're fine, although we're not getting to the playoffs at our best, as one would like.

The day I got injured in the game against the Clippers, I went out as precaution. I didn't think it would be so bad. When the studies showed it was a tear, it was a big blow. It was pretty demoralizing, because even though my game wasn't very good, I felt great physically. The first five days were complicated, but now I'm excited again, and I can't wait to get back to help the team.

Not like this, Manu

Not like this

:(

good start but bulls made a nice run too. i think were getting out rebounded there

boozer is gonna feast all night with copeland guarding him

I havnt seen another starting point guard this year lose control of his handle like Felton. dude is always dribbling the ball off his or some other guys foot.

Breaking: Oft-rumored Korean missile launch may actually be a Nuke--Confirmed by Pentagon.

shit-just-got-real-o.gif

It was nice knowing you best-gaf.

Nori Chan

Breaking: Oft-rumored Korean missile launch may actually be a Nuke--Confirmed by Pentagon.

cloving posted it

I'm just going to chill in my house, eat the cookies I bought from the easter sale and have my tweet ready to be tweeted to my friend saying fuck the knicks when they lose

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think the refs have taken the challenge to call all the fouls Chicago and NY does. Considering all the techs last time these teams met it makes sense

Top Bottom