• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
mclemore is a terrible ball handler. whether or not this is why he's so damn passive, I have no clue. but when he tries to drive, it's obvious that even elijah johnson made better decisions with the ball. he also makes bad passes into the post, but that is easily remedied. and he can learn how to dribble. he just needs a lot of work.

But people seem to think that he will go from never dribbling in college to having handles good enough to be a high-level scorer in the NBA.

I'm starting to get the impression that this draft really sucks.

Trade the pick for Jared Dudley. You'll save money, Sarver!

Kansas hasn't produced a decent NBA player since Chalmers. I pray we aren't dumb enough to take McLemore. We stayed away from TRob so I have hope.

I'm not sure what your point is, he was drafted in 2008, which is pretty recent, and the Jayhawks have produced around 12 NBA players since then, which is a damn amazing rate...

Plus TBH, Chalmers has not necessarily proven he's better than his 2008 classmates, Brandon Rush and Darrell Arthur...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kansas hasn't produced a decent NBA player since Chalmers. I pray we aren't dumb enough to take McLemore. We stayed away from TRob so I have hope.

I still don't think Robinson is bad. There's a lot of taint to wash off there...

And I don't even consider Chalmers decent
Josh Selby will be good once he gets a shot.

He's in Cleveland.

How much more of a shot does he need?
I'm not sure what your point is, he was drafted in 2008, which is pretty recent, and the Jayhawks have produced around 12 NBA players since then, which is a damn amazing rate...

Plus TBH, Chalmers has not necessarily proven he's better than his 2008 classmates, Brandon Rush and Darrell Arthur...

None of them are worth bringing up though.

And they're all soft.

balddemon

Banned
I still don't think Robinson is bad. There's a lot of taint to wash off there...

And I don't even consider Chalmers decent

He's in Cleveland.

How much more of a shot does he need?

he's got a ring. and he's gonna get more of them, as long as lebron sticks around.

Emwitus

Kobe Bryant was en fuego, scoring 47 points as the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Portland Trail Blazers, 113-106. Bryant’s big night overshadowed a stellar performance from Rookie of the Year candidate Damian Lillard, who described going toe to toe as “really fun for a while, until things started to get, um, personal.” When asked to explain, Lillard got very quiet. Bryant, when asked about Lillard’s comments, said, “Kid’s a kid, and when you’re a kid, you’re maybe not ready to see a grown man call another grown man who is wearing the same jersey he is some of the names I may have called some of the men who were wearing the same jersey I was. But if he didn’t want to see that, then maybe those men who were wearing the same jersey that I was should maybe rebound, as they were expected to when some other men were traded for them this past offseason. The point is, we can stay quiet for the kids, but I say they gotta grow up sometime. Damien’s a trouper. He’ll be all right.”

I can't even lol. Dwight howard is so out of here next season.

Kobe Bryant was en fuego, scoring 47 points as the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Portland Trail Blazers, 113-106. Bryant’s big night overshadowed a stellar performance from Rookie of the Year candidate Damian Lillard, who described going toe to toe as “really fun for a while, until things started to get, um, personal.” When asked to explain, Lillard got very quiet. Bryant, when asked about Lillard’s comments, said, “Kid’s a kid, and when you’re a kid, you’re maybe not ready to see a grown man call another grown man who is wearing the same jersey he is some of the names I may have called some of the men who were wearing the same jersey I was. But if he didn’t want to see that, then maybe those men who were wearing the same jersey that I was should maybe rebound, as they were expected to when some other men were traded for them this past offseason. The point is, we can stay quiet for the kids, but I say they gotta grow up sometime. Damien’s a trouper. He’ll be all right.”

32357-damn-gif-5HbE.gif

Vahagn

He was still the owner, letting his son choose Mike D was still up to Jerry at the end of the day. If Jim sucks at owning a team we'll find out in time, but to say the Mike D hire was due to Jim's ego of all people is just speculation.

Not to belabor the point but the bolded is different from Mike D was Jerry's idea/decision. It's one thing to let your son make the decisions because you're fighting a battle with cancer and not front and center with the team anymore, and another thing entirely to say "I want Mike D"

Of course Jerry signed off on it but that doesn't mean it's his idea. It just means he's not going to use his last big Laksrs decision to stonewall his son's wishes. There's a reason Jeannie is mad at Jim. I think she knows what happened. If this was Jerry's decision all the way, why would Jeannie be mad at Jim at all? And of course it will publicly be stated that it was Jerry's decision because it's the obvious PR move.

I can't even lol. Dwight howard is so out of here next season.

Hahahahah that's pretty funny.

I forgot about Rush, he's decent when he's not hurt. Arthur is okay too, but still neither one is all that notable.

DY_nasty

starting PG on a title team is pretty decent.

No it isn't.

Most people couldn't even tell you who ran point for MJ. And Boston won its title with no one playing point guard. Lakers won it all with arguably the worst starting PG in the league not that long ago either.

Emwitus

This will be Barca's record sixth-consecutive appearance in the Champions League semifinals. "Come on, another record?" Messi said. "I get it. I'm the best. We're just making stuff up at this point."

In unrelated news. Swag. Even kobe doesn't say this kinda stuff lol

Vestal

John Paxon. Bj Armstrong and Ron Harper. Don't consider Kerr a pg when he was out there either Pippen or Kukoc ran the point

balddemon

Banned
^people in this thread aren't considered most people when it comes to basketball knowledge.

No it isn't.

Most people couldn't even tell you who ran point for MJ. And Boston won its title with no one playing point guard. Lakers won it all with arguably the worst starting PG in the league not that long ago either.

this is all true.

chalmers is experiencing success on a super dominant team. he's shooting 40%+ from 3 (37% for his career) for the season. he is a contributer on a title team.

anyways, I don't even know why I'm defending him except he won us a title in college lol. I know he's really not that good of a pg, but he's good enough to get the job done
granted, with arguably the best player ever

dwight is a cunt. but his rebounding last night didnt seem to be the reason LA gave up 70 points at the half to Lillard,Aldridge, Maynor and a bunch of guys who will be out of the league in 5 years. that was because of LAs bad perimeter D and Pau Gasoft.

otapnam

dwight is a cunt. but his rebounding last night didnt seem to be the reason LA gave up 70 points at the half to Lillard,Aldridge, Maynor and a bunch of guys who will be out of the league in 5 years. that was because of LAs bad perimeter D and Pau Gasoft.

steve blake getting those big rebounds last night was pretty damn funny. Dwight also proved he can only score when it's lob city with pau

Not to belabor the point but the bolded is different from Mike D was Jerry's idea/decision. It's one thing to let your son make the decisions because you're fighting a battle with cancer and not front and center with the team anymore, and another thing entirely to say "I want Mike D"

Of course Jerry signed off on it but that doesn't mean it's his idea. It just means he's not going to use his last big Laksrs decision to stonewall his son's wishes. There's a reason Jeannie is mad at Jim. I think she knows what happened. If this was Jerry's decision all the way, why would Jeannie be mad at Jim at all? And of course it will publicly be stated that it was Jerry's decision because it's the obvious PR move.

Hahahahah that's pretty funny.

It was either Jerry's call like everyone said, or Jerry let Jim choose and Jim returned to jerry and he gave it his blessing.

If Jerry didn't want his last move to stonewall Jim, that's still Jerry's choice. He could have said no and went with Phil and said it was all 3 men's final decision.

It's basically just espn guys trying to stir up a story. To think otherwise is grasping at made up straws.

Tom Penny

For no reason just because I don't remember seeing this MJ dunk

jordansmall.gif

On a side note it scks for heads that might have paid top dollar to possibly see no Wade, Lebron, Bosh, KG or Pierce in tomorrow's game.

I'm still trying to figure out how people think McLemore is better than Beal.

McLemore is a year older, and he doesn't have any skills that are actually better than Beal. Beal is better at everything. Only difference is that McLemore has more length. Beal is significantly stronger, smarter, has a one dribble pullup unlike McLemore...

Then you have the "other" category-- McLemore doesn't have Beals IQ, Beal played under Donovan who has produced legit NBA talent, McLemore comes from Self who produces frauds, Beal got as far in the tournament as McLemore despite having less talent and playing with a more talented draft class...

DY_nasty

I'm still trying to figure out how people think McLemore is better than Beal.

McLemore is a year older, and he doesn't have any skills that are actually better than Beal. Beal is better at everything. Only difference is that McLemore has more length. Beal is significantly stronger, smarter, has a one dribble pullup unlike McLemore...

Then you have the "other" category-- McLemore doesn't have Beals IQ, Beal played under Donovan who has produced legit NBA talent, McLemore comes from Self who produces frauds, Beal got as far in the tournament as McLemore despite having less talent and playing with a more talented draft class...

Better?

lol fuck no

Emwitus

Oh my god, does EVERYTHING have to do with Kobe? Next you're gonna read some cook book and comment on what your lakers idol has had for lunch on june 1999?

Son,Tell us how you really feel. knicker I'm obviously not going to compare him to lebron or melo for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom