• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Emwitus

Top 30.

At best.

shaq-o.gif

Wizards clearly tanking now, increased minutes for Vesely/Singleton/Seraphin (average TS% of .45) and the defensive effort is the worst I've seen it this year.

We may be able to tank to the 5th overall, not that it makes a difference in this poop draft.

Part of me is holding out hope that Shabazz loses like 10 pounds and lights up individual workouts and a 40 inch vert

I wonder if the commish to be coming to Charlotte to meet with our season ticket holders is a good thing or bad thing. I've always wondered how Stern and now Silver privately view tanking/rebuilding.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It was somewhat of a disappointment but Lifetime really is good at making you empathize with the characters. This film made me ponder how I would react if I had a stalker, a male ballet teacher. I wonder if he had a difficult life and perhaps abandoned by a past love? If so I definitely feel for him.

God damn it Spurs, why couldn't you get your shit together...

I am so scared of OKC. Artest/Clark can't guard Durant for shit. Kobe has to guard Westbrook all game. Perk is one of the few guys who can guard Dwight straight up. ugh... I just want no part of this team. =/

And when the fuck is Steve Nash getting back? Jesus Christ the injuries this year are the most frustrating thing to deal with bar none.

And don't get it wrong, I don't think we can beat SA in a series, but I do think we can at least make it interesting and make it last 6 or 7 games. OKC? I'll be happy if we get a single W out of that shitstorm of a series.

I used to think the Spurs were a better matchup, but everytime i think about it Popovich x Dantoni, it just reminds me that Pringles never wins against pops, so... no way.

The Thunder might be hard, but they are one injury away of being a mediocre team (if either KD or Westbrook go down).

Right now that´s the best change the Lakers have.

Kevin Ding:

So, Coach Mamba?

Pan and Dwight need to STFU. Do these guys know nothing about game situation? If Kobe held back last night, we obviously get blown out. These clowns would rather lose playing "inside out" than win with Kobeball it seems

Coach Mamba should tell them a thing or two about defense. I´ve watched 80% or more of the Laker games this season and i can´t take it anymore the way they are defending screens. Some one should tell them to stop trying to go over the screens because it only means blowing assignments and screwing up rotations.

Coach Mamba should tell them: ALWAYS GO UNDER THE SCREENS, A BAD DEFENSIVE TEAM SHOULD ALWAYS DO THIS, OTHERWISE THERE´S MORE DAMAGE TRYING TO DO "THE RIGHT THING".

Yes, you´re giving a jumper, but by doing what the Lakers are doing they are giving layus, dunks, wide open jumpers and much more.

It makes you really mad to see them doing the same stupid shit over and over again.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
lakers admit it the second you hired D'antoni he brought NY's curse with him.... you need to fire him and hope somebody else hires him to take the curse away.

Never really understood going over screens. If a guy is going to knock down a shot for the half a moment that you're slipping under then so be it, but going over a screen is just asking for dribble penetration.

Never really understood going over screens. If a guy is going to knock down a shot for the half a moment that you're slipping under then so be it, but going over a screen is just asking for dribble penetration.

I wouldn't go under the screen on a guy like Stephen curry. However, the bigs have to hedge hard and wall him off to compensate.

Edit. For the lakers to get in they have to match utahs record in the final 3. If Utah wins out, lakers must. If they to 1-2, lakers must go 1-2 or better. Etc

LA has to match Utah win for win in order to make it.

Utah is probably going to go 2-1, but 3-0 isn't outside the realm of possibility.

LA is probably gonna go 1-2.

Jeff-DSA

linsivvi

Almost 40% of the people who took the polls are Lakers fansLLLs.

Anyway, the Jazz are starting to look kinda screwed aren't they? We basically have to win those two Timberwolves games and hope that the last game of the season breaks our way.

The situation couldn't have been better for the Jazz. All 3 Lakers opponents are trying to win to get a better seed. I'm not convinced the Spurs would rather play the Rockets/Warriors.

Anyway, the Jazz are starting to look kinda screwed aren't they? We basically have to win those two Timberwolves games and hope that the last game of the season breaks our way.

I think Utah gets in with 2 wins. Memphis will be resting if seeding is set by then so Utah can get that one. Just need to get 1 against Minny.

KingGondo

Banned
The Thunder might be hard, but they are one injury away of being a mediocre team (if either KD or Westbrook go down).

Right now that´s the best change the Lakers have.
First of all, Wolverine doesn't get hurt, and he loves playing against the Lakers. It would take some Kevin Ware-level shit for him to miss any time in that series.

Also, we would still beat the Lakers if KD or Westbrook went down. It might be tight, but we're a much deeper and better-balanced team than LA. Plus that whole HCA thing.

First of all, Wolverine doesn't get hurt, and he loves playing against the Lakers. It would take some Kevin Ware-level shit for him to miss any time in that series.

Also, we would still beat the Lakers if KD or Westbrook went down. It might be tight, but we're a much deeper and better-balanced team than LA. Plus that whole HCA thing.

Pretty much. Not to mention, most of GAF thinks OKC is better without Westbrook (which is ridiculous, but I'll leave it at that).

Nobody on the Thunder get hurt, nobody misses games. That's a benefit of being so young.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wonder if the commish to be coming to Charlotte to meet with our season ticket holders is a good thing or bad thing. I've always wondered how Stern and now Silver privately view tanking/rebuilding.

I'm hoping its about the Hornets coming back.

Come on dude. Jerry wasn't in control these last few years due to health.

According to Jerry, Jim and Mitch he made the call to hire Mike. To believe it went down any other way is an attempt to create a narrative of Jim's inability to run a team.

Jim, Mitch and Jerry have said many times they used to meet and make suggestions but Jerry had the final word.

Chad Ford really frequently seems to confuse a player's inability to dribble a basketball with a lack of "the killer instinct" or something.

He's done for it for Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Harrison Barnes, and now Ben McLemore.

Chad Ford really frequently seems to confuse a player's inability to dribble a basketball with a lack of "the killer instinct" or something.

He's done for it for Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Harrison Barnes, and now Ben McLemore.

I like how he says Marcus Smart has bad handles and a suspect jumpshot but has him like third.

How can you be an effective basketball player without either of those and not be a PF or C.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

McLemore has no handles? Isn't he supposed to be like the #1 pick?

balddemon

Banned
McLemore has no handles? Isn't he supposed to be like the #1 pick?

mclemore is a terrible ball handler. whether or not this is why he's so damn passive, I have no clue. but when he tries to drive, it's obvious that even elijah johnson made better decisions with the ball. he also makes bad passes into the post, but that is easily remedied. and he can learn how to dribble. he just needs a lot of work.

Vahagn

According to Jerry, Jim and Mitch he made the call to hire Mike. To believe it went down any other way is an attempt to create a narrative of Jim's inability to run a team.

Jim, Mitch and Jerry have said many times they used to meet and make suggestions but Jerry had the final word.

Everyone in LA knew that Phil was what the fans wanted, they were chanting we want Phil, plus it's Phil. If Jim did want to do it, and Jerry wanted to let his son make the decisions. I can see them saying "let's say it's Jerry's idea" as a way to help alleviate the fan outrage. Jerry had nothing to lose, he was about to pass away.

Not saying that it's not how things went down, but considering how much good will Phil and Jerry have built up here, and how much ill will Jim had built up even after the summer trades, it would be the obvious PR move.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't like the fact that McLemore is already 20

That and the fact that Bill Self only seems to crank out pansies

Everyone in LA knew that Phil was what the fans wanted, they were chanting we want Phil, plus it's Phil. If Jim did want to do it, and Jerry wanted to let his son make the decisions. I can see them saying "let's say it's Jerry's idea" as a way to help alleviate the fan outrage. Jerry had nothing to lose, he was about to pass away.

Not saying that it's not how things went down, but considering how much good will Phil and Jerry have built up here, and how much ill will Jim had built up even after the summer trades, it would be the obvious PR move.

He was still the owner, letting his son choose Mike D was still up to Jerry at the end of the day. If Jim sucks at owning a team we'll find out in time, but to say the Mike D hire was due to Jim's ego of all people is just speculation.

Kansas hasn't produced a decent NBA player since Chalmers. I pray we aren't dumb enough to take McLemore. We stayed away from TRob so I have hope.

Top Bottom