• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

L58T2e0.png

dream

Dear lord. The Lakers' next 3 are against Dallas, Memphis, and Clipper Nation. Then they have two gimmes against the Hornets and Portland, before playing GSW, the Spurs, and Houston. They could actually go 2-6 and really not make the playoffs...

diehard

Fleer
Dear lord. The Lakers' next 3 are against Dallas, Memphis, and Clipper Nation. Then they have two gimmes against the Hornets and Portland, before playing GSW, the Spurs, and Houston. They could actually go 2-6 and really not make the playoffs...

We still won't make it, Blazers just hate the Lakers that much that they tanked this game.

magnificent!

Danny Ainge said:
I don't want to mess up his Armani suits and all that hair goop. It would be way too expensive for me.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers found Riley's comments "funny."
"Very interesting. I think it's cool. They should duke it out," Rivers said, laughing, according to the team's Twitter account.

Asked if Rivers believes Riley's statement could further stoke the Miami-Boston rivalry, Rivers noted, "Not unless they are playing. Really, I just think it's talk both ways. I'll let those two grown men handle their own grown-men argument. I'm going to stay out of it. On a side note, it just gives me a smile and it's interesting. I think it's fun. It's a flashback."

aww man I want another Boston matchup.

i wouldnt count on them winning against Portland....and even Sac town tomorrow isnt a sure bet, they play okay at home.

thats a lotta pipe

portland at home too

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
James Harden hasn't been to the free throw line once yesterday against the Grizzlies... that's unheard of.

#DatGrizzliesDefence #McFail

someone asked earlier why Tim Duncan doesnt get his dues from sports media? ESPN's NBA subpage has a headliner article up about Lebron and the Heat "back on track" after a route of a fucking lottery bound Pelicans team, and little blurbs about Lebon hitting 7 threes and Danny Ainge being told to shut his mouth. Not a single mention anywhere of Duncan's game winner last night on that frontpage, just a total lack of respect.
Yet when Kobe hits game winners-after being a ball hogging brick factory for most of the game-ESPN puts up screaming headlines about the king of crunchtime and his will to win.

Vahagn

someone asked earlier why Tim Duncan doesnt get his dues from sports media? ESPN's NBA subpage has a headliner article up about Lebron and the Heat "back on track" after a route of a fucking lottery bound Pelicans team, and little blurbs about Lebon hitting 7 threes and Danny Ainge being told to shut his mouth. Not a single mention anywhere of Duncan's game winner last night on that frontpage, just a total lack of respect.
Yet when Kobe hits game winners-after being a ball hogging brick factory for most of the game-ESPN puts up screaming headlines about the king of crunchtime and his will to win.

I agree with your overall premise. But TD scored 34, that's a routine night for Lebron, Kobe, Durant. Would you be this adamant about Kobe getting screaming headlines every time he scores 34, or do as you're doing now, and cry moar

Also, TD shuffled his feet like he's a dancing penguin on that GW

Even the headlines are always underhanded. Yahoo, for example, titled theirs something like "Spurs survive shootout against the Clippers". If it was the Heat or Lakers it would read something like "Kobe/Lebron rises to celestial heights to give their team a monster win!!!!!!!!!!!"

Even on NBA.com, their recap video only showed one of TD's plays, which was obviously his last shot. Other than that, it was pretty much all Clippers plays. But that's the norm for those videos.

As a Spurs fan, I have learned to live with that lack of respect towards the team. After all, if the team fails in the playoffs, all those compliments wouldn't matter.

the Spurs are an amazing team and franchise but nobody should be surprised when the media doesn't want to cover what casual fan in America wants to know about

so no offense san antonio but unless you're playing miami or new york or boston in the finals the general public will tune that out too

Vahagn

Even the headlines are always underhanded. Yahoo, for example, titled theirs something like "Spurs survive shootout against the Clippers". If it was the Heat or Lakers it would read something like "Kobe/Lebron rises to celestial heights to give their team a monster win!!!!!!!!!!!"

Even on NBA.com, their recap video only showed one of TD's plays, which was obviously his last shot. Other than that, it was pretty much all Clippers plays. But that's the norm for those videos.

As a Spurs fan, I have learned to live with that lack of respect towards the team. After all, if the team fails in the playoffs, all those compliments wouldn't matter.

I've seen "Lakers survive" in headlines all the time. And as mentioned above, 34 is routine for Kobe. He's not getting that kind of Nut-hugging from the media on a 34 point night unless it's accompanied by a triple double or 12 assists or something.

The real issue with the media disrespect torwards the Spurs is their lack of coverage on the amazing regular season records. But the Spurs haven't made the finals since 2007 and have lost in embarrassing fashion in the playoffs more than a couple times since then. So there's a collective feeling of them being paper tigers until they prove otherwise. Personally I think this years Spurs team is better than last years, or at least more well equipped to beat Memphis and OKC, but this won't mean much if they lose in the first or second round again.

Cloudy

Banned
I was just looking at the schedules. Utah has a far easier one than LA plus the tie-breaker. Can't believe we lost to the Suns, Wiz and Bucks...

Omega

Banned
I agree with your overall premise. But TD scored 34, that's a routine night for Lebron, Kobe, Durant. Would you be this adamant about Kobe getting screaming headlines every time he scores 34, or do as you're doing now, and cry moar

Also, TD shuffled his feet like he's a dancing penguin on that GW
when Kobe was getting his 10 apg and taking 5fga he was getting headlines

he's always in the headlines.

Fucking Denver and their cheap ass home court. I'm gonna lose this bet.

I have never laughed as hard as the Wii U/UE4 thread. So many broken dreams.

Top Bottom