• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

k i'm starting to get all hot and bothered about tobias harris

why da fuq was this guy behind mbah a moute in milwaukee a guy who literally doesn't have to be guarded

Orlando needs to find a way to get Trey Burke. Kid made me a fan with his no fucks given shot last night.

Them or the Jazz.

Don't want him to get Augustine'd

thekad

Banned
I sort of want the Rockets to miss the playoffs so McHale will get fired. But then that probably means the Lakers get in... Tough decision.

I know it seems like everything's falling apart with these injuries... Metta going down, Kobe's bone spurs, Nash's hip, clinging to the 8 seed, things look dire on the surface, but I assure you this team will make the playoffs and when they do their opponent will wish they got Utah or Houston instead.

I know it seems like everything's falling apart with these injuries... Metta going down, Kobe's bone spurs, Nash's hip, clinging to the 8 seed, things look dire on the surface, but I assure you this team will make the playoffs and when they do their opponent will wish they got Utah or Houston instead.

Thank you Lakers ray of sunshine

Here's a pat on the back

Truly the Gahiggidy of NBA-age.

effzee

someone asked earlier why Tim Duncan doesnt get his dues from sports media? ESPN's NBA subpage has a headliner article up about Lebron and the Heat "back on track" after a route of a fucking lottery bound Pelicans team, and little blurbs about Lebon hitting 7 threes and Danny Ainge being told to shut his mouth. Not a single mention anywhere of Duncan's game winner last night on that frontpage, just a total lack of respect.
Yet when Kobe hits game winners-after being a ball hogging brick factory for most of the game-ESPN puts up screaming headlines about the king of crunchtime and his will to win.

ESPN has no real agenda against Tim Duncan or San Antonio. Why would they?

But they go and cover whatever the ratings dictate. Spurs don't make for exciting basketball or highlights. Lebron and Kobe do. And those are the stories most fans tune in for. Sucks and its sad but ESPN has no reason to cover what won't get them ratings. It isn't about not caring or respecting the Spurs, its television.

Even the headlines are always underhanded. Yahoo, for example, titled theirs something like "Spurs survive shootout against the Clippers". If it was the Heat or Lakers it would read something like "Kobe/Lebron rises to celestial heights to give their team a monster win!!!!!!!!!!!"

Even on NBA.com, their recap video only showed one of TD's plays, which was obviously his last shot. Other than that, it was pretty much all Clippers plays. But that's the norm for those videos.

As a Spurs fan, I have learned to live with that lack of respect towards the team. After all, if the team fails in the playoffs, all those compliments wouldn't matter.

Again there is no lack of respect from the media. If there is any lack of respect or interest it is from the fans. The sports media covers everything and anything that gets them more viewers. If the NHL was more popular it would get more coverage but the majority of America doesn't care about hockey.

no doubt. but its funny that ESPN commentators complain all the time about kids these days and their lack of fundamentals.

True but I highly doubt the individual commentators have much say in programming and what sports, teams, and stories to cover.

Get out.
Your optimism isn't warranted here

mj-laughing.gif

No they will be glad to play LA if only because 4 days in Los Angeles >>>>>> SLC

Vahagn

LA needed to lose 3 games in March because their April schedule is anywhere between 3-5 losses when healthy (and they're not). Instead they lost 6 games in March and another potential L tonight.

LA has less than a 50/50 chance to make the playoffs now. Really a shame after playing .700 ball for like 20+ games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uULTwcvCYKk

Some real shit right there. Good team chemistry, lol.

That was pretty awesome

lol.. Boozer argues that travel call and the replay shows he took like 6 steps. Damn. Traveled the fuck out of that one.

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirk doing work.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wait, what the fuck? Why is this game on Germany time? Wtf?

Dirk, L10: 20.7PPG, 54FG%, 8.1RPG, 33MPG

He's 8-8 in this game so far.

If Parker and Ginobilli were American, the Spurs would be more marketable. A guy with Duncan's game and demeanor is never going to move merch and boost ratings.

charsace

someone asked earlier why Tim Duncan doesnt get his dues from sports media? ESPN's NBA subpage has a headliner article up about Lebron and the Heat "back on track" after a route of a fucking lottery bound Pelicans team, and little blurbs about Lebon hitting 7 threes and Danny Ainge being told to shut his mouth. Not a single mention anywhere of Duncan's game winner last night on that frontpage, just a total lack of respect.
Yet when Kobe hits game winners-after being a ball hogging brick factory for most of the game-ESPN puts up screaming headlines about the king of crunchtime and his will to win.

TD is the best player of his generation.

Top Bottom