• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

AcridMeat

Banned
H0SNo.gif
Was gonna go with this
AEjUfcy.gif

one for each free throw made

Darkman M

Your telling me no one in Lakers age made a Greg Oden or Brandon Roy joke? I'm pretty sure someone made it when Yao went down.

There is always an asshole or two that will, but doesn't make it right. Im still waiting on all this quotes from all of Lakers-age shitting on players getting serious injurys. Im calling bullshit.

"Are you kidding?" - Kobe Bryant when asked if his career is over.
hell come back. hes a smart enough player to make up for the explosiveness he'll lose, but we might not see his acrobatics in the lane ever again. im a huge kobe troll, but that sucks.

Karakand

Your telling me no one in Lakers age made a Greg Oden or Brandon Roy joke? I'm pretty sure someone made it when Yao went down.

Long-time NBA-GAFers will understand when I say I don't remember a lot of my early 20s, but I know for a fact I made fun of T-Mac's injury history often back in the day. Maybe even more recently than that.

Now can we move on from the shit-posting? (This includes the righteous indignation.)

Like I said before, it's the most corrosive and entitled fanbase in all of professional sports. It's gloat gloat gloat / denial denial denial. Then when something bad happens to them its Linkin Park time.

I'm not sure how you can spew such hyperbole and generalizations. You have absolutely nothing to back up your premise. Nothing.

"Most entitled fanbase in all of professional sports"? Shore up when you make a comment like that.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Long-time NBA-GAFers will understand when I say I don't remember a lot of my early 20s, but I know for a fact I made fun of T-Mac's injury history often back in the day. Maybe even more recently than that.

Now maybe we can move on from the shit-posting? (This includes the righteous indignation.)

Hi friend. Hugs?

This is the same fanbase that defended Andrew Bynum when he purposely injured JJ Barea and Gerald Wallace.
This is a gross misconstruction of the general ethos of the Lakers fanbase on this board and you have not provided one piece of verifiable evidence to substantiate your claims.

Not only are you an asshole, but you're also a complete fucking idiot.

reilo

This is a gross misconstruction of the general ethos of the Lakers fanbase on this board and you have not provided one piece of verifiable evidence to substantiate your claims.

I could've sworn you've been around longer than this, but you must not pay a whole lot of attention.

I'm still better than you because I quoted your post to laugh, not to snitch you out to the mods. :)

Vire

Woah, we like to kid and joke around here, but that's unacceptable.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Billups was able to walk off the floor also.

Oh yeah? I walked off the court for the first two. They both happened in high school. I'm 38 now and when my Achilles snapped this time it sounded like a shotgun went off in the gym and it felt like someone had slashed me across the back of the leg with a hockey stick or something. And then the pain went crazy.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

That was totally me. Though i paid for it right away when Bynum went down right after. First and last time. More out of concern of karma biting me in the ass again.

But like i said before, me personally, im taking no offense from whatever you guys are saying. Everyone can have their own opinions!

lupinko

I didn't think there was a lower year then the finals collapse against the Pistons some years back.

Sad day for Lakers-age, hope Kobe gets well soon for his health. :(

Love him or hate him, there is little doubt the NBA is less interesting without Kobe Bryant.

On a side note, anyone who cracks jokes at someone getting injured is pathetic, I don't care which fanbase you belong to. Got a problem with someone who did it in the past? How about being a better person and not lowering yourself to their level.

Baby Milo

yeah you need to relax kobe wasn't shot

Vire

If ya'll thought the second guessing was bad with Shanahan and RG3... it's going to be a thousand times worse with D'Antoni and Kobe.

That was totally me. Though i paid for it right away when Bynum went down right after. First and last time. More out of concern of karma biting me in the ass again.

But like i said before, me personally, im taking no offense from whatever you guys are saying. Everyone can have their own opinions!

Everyone has their bad taste jokes. Calling for this guys head because of a lol is pretty dumb. Sucks for Kobe but Fuq Da Lakers

reilo

Ken Berger: Recovery time for torn Achilles is at least six months. Elton Brand missed eight months after same injury in August 2007, when he was 28.

This is the same fanbase that defended Andrew Bynum when he purposely injured JJ Barea and Gerald Wallace.
asshole post is an asshole post.
I don't want to start a shit throwing contest but just to show i don't make up stuff like that..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20191460&postcount=2331
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23429705&postcount=1686

two times, after the man was dead.
tbf, he was referring to his legs, and he made a lighthearted joke,
he didn't laugh at an injury

diehard

Fleer
I dont think ive seen a person able to walk like that after a complete tear though....

wait.. making fun of a recent amputee from a disease that killed is cool but injury isnt? k

SummitAve

Banned
Shit happens. It's apart of the game. I don't know how bad you can really feel, unless your whole life is just sports sports sports. Dude has made an unfathomable amount of money, and will be able to recover just fine. It's not like he lost a leg.

reilo

asshole post is an asshole post.

The owner of the Jazz was in a wheelchair because his legs were amputated due to complications with diabetes... That's FAR worse.

PBY

Banned
Shit happens. It's apart of the game. I don't know how bad you can really feel, unless your whole life is just sports sports sports. Dude has made an unfathomable amount of money, and will be able to recover just fine. It's not like he lost a leg.
I don't buy this at all.

I want to believe the leg part is a backhanded slap at Larry Miller. If so touché if not.. Well damn.

It's not cool to laugh at anyone's injuries but I think most of us were like WTF when lakers started quoting for mods like some kind of moral police.

I feel bad for every single person except for Herpes Reasons, and that's because I see him as one of the few dicks down here who would savor a major injury to someone on the Heat

Vire

You don't know much about Achilles injuries for older basketball players do you?

Even though I'm not a fan of Kobe and a lot of the culture of the Lakers (putting it mildly), I feel pretty bad for Moris, Mamba, linsivvi and other cool members of Lakers-Age.

Hopefully he can come back and still produce decently for a year or two.

wait.. making fun of a recent amputee from a disease that killed is cool but injury isnt? k
making fun or pointing out? there's grey areas between the two.
but this isn't about the past, its about asshole drivebye posters are bringing us closer together <3

Cut this shit out.
pheeniks called me a loser yesterday,
where were you to defend my honor?
I think it's bringing us all together. CB3 and Kara are posting.

Where's dmcz at?

someone turn on the tmac signal.

Top Bottom