• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Yeah... Because Robinson won so many rings before Duncan showed up...

Sorry about Kobe. Even though he's my most disliked athlete in all of international sports, and I'm not a big fan of his personally either, that is a bad way to potentially go out in your career.

Duncan never won shit in college and it took him playing with some of the greatest in the game to win anything. Only difference between him and Malone is that Duncan had a top point guard and bench, as well as a quality coach.

Zep

Banned
3. Michael Jordan* 32292
4. Kobe Bryant 31583

Q6VRo.gif

lAZ1L.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I told you guys back in November and December Kobe was too old to be carrying that team. Playing ungodly amount of minutes at the start of the season was the downfall and now you have the results.

I don't know how this can be blamed on Pringles, really. If Kobe was any kind of person or player he would take at last partial responsibility. Lakers fans like to promote Kobe's "heart", but when his heart gets him injured it's someone else's fault? I don't buy that whatsoever. Kobe Bryant has always played through injuries and insists on keeping himself in the game. And this is on the coach? Not entirely, that's for sure.

RedAssedApe

Banned
This photo is so awkward. Its like Barnes knows he participated in the play that ends Kobe's career and is like "making myself invisible"

BHtcCHtCMAAcYO8.jpg:large

Duncan never won shit in college and it took him playing with some of the greatest in the game to win anything. Only difference between him and Malone is that Duncan had a top point guard and bench, as well as a quality coach.

Whatever you say... You should probably redirect all your angst on whom you're really upset with.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I don't know how this can be blamed on Pringles, really. If Kobe was any kind of person or player he would take at last partial responsibility. Lakers fans like to promote Kobe's "heart", but when his heart gets him injured it's someone else's fault? I don't buy that whatsoever. Kobe Bryant has always played through injuries and insists on keeping himself in the game. And this is on the coach? Not entirely, that's for sure.

Kobe takes part of the blame but Pringles takes the majority. You're the coach. Your job is to protect your players from themselves, even if its Kobe Bryant.

I felt the same way about RG3 and Shanahan. Your star is killing himself out there, you gotta get him out before it goes all the way.

Kobe takes part of the blame but Pringles takes the majority. You're the coach. Your job is to protect your players from themselves, even if its Kobe Bryant.

I felt the same way about RG3 and Shanahan. Your star is killing himself out there, you gotta get him out before it goes all the way.

Kobe is the coach of that team and everyone knows that.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I know people want to shit on Mike D for the minutes thing, and I fully understand that... but this was Kobe's call. Kobe was the god damn Lakers and those minutes are on him.

I don't think we would even be in this situation if Jim Buss hired Adelman/Jackson when he had the chance though....

Yeah, I'm blaming Jim Buss for all of this shit. You're god damn right.

I know people want to shit on Mike D for the minutes thing, and I fully understand that... but this was Kobe's call. Kobe was the god damn Lakers and those minutes are on him.

I don't think we would even be in this situation if Jim Buss hired Adelman/Jackson when he had the chance though....

Wasn't the rumor that Kobe lobbied for Pringles though? Don't they have a history? I don't think it's a coincidence that he ended up coaching there on a whim.

My list is:

Jordan
Russell
Kareem
Duncan
Bird/Magic
LeBron/Shaq
Wilt
Hakeem
Kobe

But it's probably stupid in general to try to compare players across eras and I don't know how much player influence (which could push Russell to #1 and KG into the top 7 or 8...) on the changing of the NBA should matter so I don't know if top lists really matter that much...

Pringles is the HC. He should know that Kobe needs to rest.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Timmy in March: .540% .815FT% 32.3MPG 20.8PPG 11.6RPG 3.1APG

:|

Leads the league in DRtg, too? lol :|

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Wasn't the rumor that Kobe lobbied for Pringles though? Don't they have a history? I don't think it's a coincidence that he ended up coaching there on a whim.
No way in fuck did Kobe want Mike D over Phil if given the option. It is true Kobe has wanted Mike to coach this team under the right circumstances. But over Phil Jackson when given the option?? Fuck no I don't believe that garbage for a second.

But it's probably stupid in general to try to compare players across eras and I don't know how much player influence (which could push Russell to #1 and KG into the top 7 or 8...) on the changing of the NBA should matter so I don't know if top lists really matter that much...

Agreed. I have my personal favorite players but I try not to list a top X greatest.

Damn straight. Give the team back to Jeannie.

Westlo

Duncans first two rings certainly didn't have no top point guard lmao. 3rd as well though parker was a lot better by than.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
lol@ Lebron in a top 10 list.

A ring in a lock-out and he's one of the greatest to lace 'em up now.

At least it got me to legit laugh. I need that right now.

Tier 1

MJ
Kareem
Russell
Magic
Wilt
Bird

Tier 2

Robertson
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq
Olajuwon
West

Tier 3

Julius
Malone
Stockton
Barkley
Pippen
Thomas
Baylor
Garnett
Ewing
Moses
Robinson

I think it's safe to say Kobe is top 7-13 all time.

This news has ruined my night. I don't even want to think of the long-term implications.

Top Bottom