• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Drive-by post to pay my respects to Lakers-GAF.

TEkDIYF.jpg

Shit happens. It's apart of the game. I don't know how bad you can really feel, unless your whole life is just sports sports sports. Dude has made an unfathomable amount of money, and will be able to recover just fine. It's not like he lost a leg.

Yeah, it's hard to feel bad when he's already a top 10 or 15 player of all time with 5 rings and only a year left in him.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Jim Buss is our new owner
Jerry Buss is dead
Kobe Bryant's career is most likely over
Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni were our coaches in the same year
We are most likely going to miss the playoffs
Having Steve Nash and Dwight Howard didn't make us a better team

This is, without question, the worst season of Basketball I have ever witnessed as a Laker fan. And nothing comes close. Nothing.

Kobe24

KEVIN DING @KevinDing

Here is the pivotal clarification: Kobe's torn Achilles' tendon is expected to be a COMPLETE tear.

Emotions ran high, some things were said. We'll get through this BEST-gaf. One day we'll all look back at this and laugh, for some of the people here that day will be tomorrow. =(

Jim Buss is our new owner
Jerry Buss is dead
Kobe Bryant's career is most likely over
Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni were our coaches in the same year
We are most likely going to miss the playoffs
Having Steve Nash and Dwight Howard didn't make us a better team

This is, without question, the worst season of Basketball I have ever witnessed as a Laker fan. And nothing comes close. Nothing.

Losing an owner, losing your franchise player and shit coaching.

Welcome to Jazz Age.

linsivvi

lol Lakers-age were calling him a piece shit for that more than anyone not named Brandi.

I'm the number one Bynum hater. Wanted him to be traded even back when he was a reserve.

This lumping the whole Lakers age together and calling us names because of a few individual posters is nothing new. Just get used to it and ignore them. Whatever makes them sleep better at night.

Will the Lakers fire Dantoni this off season? I mean, he's terrible and everything but do they really wanna pay 3 coaches?

What's a few more millions to them? Unlike players you don't need to pay luxury tax for coaches.

The Lakers have like 4 or 5 assistant coaches and they can just promote one of them as the head coach for cheap next season. They were always going to reload on 2014 anyway, the difference is without Kobe they can actually tank next season.

SUPREME1

Banned
Those talking shit can all ead.

Fuck off.

17 seasons in and the man has been performing better than most all stars in their primes. I'm proud of Bean this season. He was the only piece that was reliable. Fuck. Really hate to see him go down like this.

Went out fulfilling a promise...

Just heard about Kobe. Sorry Lakers-GAF. Poor guy was just pushed too hard this year, I guess. I don't know what else to say except that I feel for everyone involved; fans, coaches, players, Kobe. It just sucks.

Vire

Yeah, it's hard to feel bad when he's already a top 10 or 15 player of all time with 5 rings and only a year left in him.

If you are a fan of the game of basketball, why would you be indifferent to a top ten player of all time possibly ending his career right before your eyes?

It's almost like a part of my childhood dying if Kobe will never play again.

I really don't like Kobe but I hate to see anybody end their career on an injury. With that said, I could see him returning late next year if the Lakers are within reach of the playoffs.

Timmy rode the coattails of David Robinson first and then Parker/Ginobli. He's with Malone, Ewing, and Stockton.

*waits for JustinTimberlake to show up... oh, I forgot it's April*

Yeah... Because Robinson won so many rings before Duncan showed up...

Sorry about Kobe. Even though he's my most disliked athlete in all of international sports, and I'm not a big fan of his personally either, that is a bad way to potentially go out in your career.

PBY

Banned
If you are a fan of the game of basketball, why would you be indifferent to a top ten player of all time possibly ending his career right before your eyes?

It's almost like a part of my childhood dying if Kobe will never play again.
It's really not even that. Forget the money, fame, etc. It's the impotence and helplessness that comes from the injury. How can anyone not feel empathy for someone who is precluded from doing their life's work for even a single day? That feeling is incredibly frustrating, money and fame and status can't change that.

Top Bottom