• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

charsace

Why does Nintendo not want to get with the times? They might as well just get out of the console business altogether.

They will still most likely make a profit with the Wii U as they have with every single piece of hardware before it. They don't believe that they can go toe to toe with Sony/Microsoft in the hardware business so instead they will try to keep a certain niche base. The question really is even if they did release hardware that was significantly more powerful than the 360/PS3 would publishers jump on board and would people buy the hardware?

Folks that have been building up their PSN/XBL friendslist and purchases aren't just going to jump off and into the hands of the Nintendo regardless of what Nintendo does. So in their eyes why build a powerful console that costs them millions.

Not sure I agree with it but that's probably the mindset.

I think that the next PS/Xbox systems will be closer to PC's than any consoles before them. People don't think it will be the case.

I think that the next PS/Xbox systems will be closer to PC's than any consoles before them. People don't think it will be the case.

Well that is already agreed by most everyone. It's another reason Nintendo won't get significant third party support going forward. I bought the Wii U for Nintendo games alone so doesn't really bother me (their terrible online infrastructure, account system, OS, and expected slow legacy title release schedule does, however). I will buy a PS4 for Sony exclusives and play multiplats on my PC.

Why does Nintendo not want to get with the times? They might as well just get out of the console business altogether.

Releasing a console with the power of the PS4 and a tablet controller would have been really expensive and they thought that a tablet controller and off-TV play would help a great deal in attracting casual and Japanese consumers (who sometimes only have one TV) and that it would be worth sacrificing power for.

This has not worked out whatsoever though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Harden not playing tonight (ankle) welp 3 game losing streak 100% sure given.

Wii U is failing because it has no games worth buying one for.

Nintendo's other bullshit doesn't help it tho.

No its because its using older tech 1 gen behind again and they thought the wii pad will do what the remote did for the original wii. Wii u will be like gamecube but the 3rd party support actually seems even worse.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
2nd Clips game in a row that Harden misses. The last one was ugly. Playing at home might help this time. Might.

Greg Smith starting over Dmo too for match up reasons.

Only way the Rockets win is if the Clippers underestimate them since they have played like shit the last two games against good teams.

Omega

Banned
Wii U is failing because it has no games worth buying one for.

Nintendo's other bullshit doesn't help it tho.
this

graphics and power don't matter or you would play on PC.

it's the games that matter, but at the moment Nintendo doesn't have those and aside from Wonderful 101 (i think that's the name) nothing upcoming looks good. we know Metroid/Zelda/3D Mario are coming but when? there's no point in buying it now for a game that doesn't have a release date.

this

graphics and power don't matter or you would play on PC.

it's the games that matter, but at the moment Nintendo doesn't have those and aside from Wonderful 101 (i think that's the name) nothing upcoming looks good. we know Metroid/Zelda/3D Mario are coming but when? there's no point in buying it now for a game that doesn't have a release date.

power matters, you really think people would buy ps4 if it was the same power as ps3 but just has a tablet pad?

Smokey

Greg Smith starting over Dmo too for match up reasons.

Only way the Rockets win is if the Clippers underestimate them since they have played like shit the last two games against good teams.

Rockets are not beating the Clippers with or without Harden. Terrible matchup.

effzee

power matters, you really think people would buy ps4 if it was the same power as ps3 but just has a tablet pad?

So long as the tablet pad or whatever is billed as new is worth something to the consumer, then yes.

The Wii was basically a Gamecube plus motion controls. Sold like crazy. Tech matters but only so much.

WiiU's main problem is lack of games and the lack of unique feature that the tablet turned out to be. Nintnedo thought the tablet would be what the Wiimote was and it isn't. If anything the tech for the WiiU from the starting point is far better and advanced than what it was for the Wii.

power does matter because third parties need to justify their fancy new engines and when making sequels simply buffing the graphics is like the easiest thing you can do

jjasper

The Wii U is the first Nintendo console I didn't get around launch. I have no motivation to get one. Thing is like a Grizzlies fourth quarter.

We are also getting blown out by he Bobcats.

Wilt Bobblehead Night? Win
Dr.J Bobblehead night? Win

Iverson bobblehead night?

Fitting as fuck.

Iverson Right now:

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

Top Bottom