• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

masud

Banned
I mean how could you have confidence in a team that's barely over 500 in an eastern conference that's probably as bad as we've ever seen?

Do you even have 3 players over 6'10 healthy?
For the playoffs? Yes.

Right now? ... Steve Novak and Solomon Jones. :(

Again, if Knicks win Sunday they can rest Chandler and Martin until the playoffs start. Rasheed is already participating in shootaround and is said will be ready sometime in the first round.

I still feel that morris, with time, can be our point guard of the future. Im pretty sure its why nash got that big contract. He can act as a mentor coach sometimes. You can't put a price on that

Fuck Darius. He ruined my dream of wearing a 'Morris' jersey with any sort of pride.

linsivvi

i think i heard he will be back if they make the 2nd round.

You better hope he doesn't come back.

Fuck Darius. He ruined my dream of wearing a 'Morris' jersey with any sort of pride.

You can wear this with pride tho.

image.php

Okur had back issues and I believe Billups had other issues as well. So long as Kobe can move, he'll still be an elite offensive player. It's his defense that might suffer and the haters say he plays no D anyways lol

You are in denial. Kobe's ankles and knees have been fucked for years now. And his defense will get even worse. I'd love to see him come back and perform at an elite level, but do not bet on it.

giri

Hi5 brah. King taco is the shit.
top 5 mexican in la area.
but I did notice not all king tacos taste the same.
The one in Pasadena and el Monte are great.

You'd probably hate new York style pizza then.

I dislike pizza in the states in general.

But the "fat" that you get on peperoni is what carries 95% of the taste.

Thats entirely different to the fat you get off of mince though.... :|

I dislike pizza in the states in general.

But the "fat" that you get on peperoni is what carries 95% of the taste.

Thats entirely different to the fat you get off of mince though.... :|

What kind of pizza do you like?

I can eat just about any kind but I do recognize the difference in pizza eliteness

The favorite I had was ths sicilian square pizza from this one place in Manhattan, fuuuuuuu the crust and cheese were just perfect

i have eaten tons of american pizza and none came even close to the shit i can eat around here.

You're in Switzerland still, right?

I'm totally uneducated about Europe but I've had friends from Europe who said it ain't even worth touching lots of 'American' foods there cause it's way too expensive and shittily made

You're in Switzerland still, right?

yeah but i'm talking about Italian pizza. just an hour to hop over there.

I'm totally uneducated about Europe but I've had friends from Europe who said it ain't even worth touching lots of 'American' foods there cause it's way too expensive and shittily made

i mean pizza i ate while being in the states.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Chad Ford predicting the Magic would select Marcus Smart with the #1 overall.

lol this fucking draft

more like lol Chad Ford

Almost every team needs a SG... Ben McLemore is the clear choice for that reason alone

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Chad Ford predicting the Magic would select Marcus Smart with the #1 overall.

lol this fucking draft

Not seeing what the problem is.

Would much rather have him than Burke or god help me if they draft McLemore. You can't teach size, and he's got a ton of physicality and plays great defense. Dude will be good.

Blackace

Not seeing what the problem is.

Would much rather have him than Burke or god help me if they draft McLemore. You can't teach size, and he's got a ton of physicality and plays great defense. Dude will be good.

I don't know.. he reminds me of Stucky or Holiday..

Blackace

Need shouldn't matter at all for teams picking in the top 5.

It does. It also has spawned some of the worst mistakes in draft history... but Ben McLemore is a top 3 pick in this draft, and a premium position in the NBA

It does. It also has spawned some of the worst mistakes in draft history... but Ben McLemore is a top 3 pick in this draft, and a premium position in the NBA

Maybe McLemore's position is at a premium, but he doesn't play like the great SGs that are starting to be lacking. He's just a spotup shooter without handles who scores in transition and even if those guys succeed in the NBA, they can really disappear in the playoffs when closeouts get faster.

Blackace

Maybe McLemore's position is at a premium, but he doesn't play like the great SGs that are starting to be lacking. He's just a spotup shooter without handles who scores in transition and even if those guys succeed in the NBA, they can really disappear in the playoffs when closeouts get faster.

He is super athletic, and his handle can be groomed.. he has the tools to have a decent handle..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think McLemore is going to be nice. His athleticism is impressive. He looks to have a NBA ready body already. His shot form and release are nice and smooth. And his attitude seemed solid under pressure in the tournament.

I don't see a clear cut best pick in this draft. But at least I can look at McLemore and know exactly what position he will play, who he would match up with on the floor and that he can hit shots.

I hold out hope that Burke can turn into a mini Iverson. That is who he reminded me of during the tournament. Kid has balls. But he isn't the top pick. No way.

smart ranks very highly in things like steal rate and rebound rate which have been past indicators of success going from college to the NBA, he's still young enough to fix his shooting and turnovers as well

He is super athletic, and his handle can be groomed.. he has the tools to have a decent handle..

name me a shooting guard who couldn't dribble in college that learned in the nba

the only two that come to mind from recent history are arron afflalo and jj redick, and those guys are two-three dribble pull-up guys at best

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think McLemore is going to be nice. His athleticism is impressive. He looks to have a NBA ready body already. His shot form and release are nice and smooth. And his attitude seemed solid under pressure in the tournament.

I don't see a clear cut best pick in this draft. But at least I can look at McLemore and know exactly what position he will play, who he would match up with on the floor and that he can hit shots.

I hold out hope that Burke can turn into a mini Iverson. That is who he reminded me of during the tournament. Kid has balls. But he isn't the top pick. No way.

Not at all. The guy deferred almost nonstop and when he wasn't hitting his shots he was a ghost on the court.

charsace

I think it's as much a statement in how little confidence people have in the knicks.

It more of a sign of how blindly people hate the Knicks.

Mclemore is like Ray Langford, Brandon Rush, and Giddens that came before him. Big, athletic 2 guard that can't handle, but shoots well and plays defense. Kansas always gets these types of 2 guards. That is changing though with Wayne Selden going to Kansas. Selden is like Wade and would have been the first pick in this draft instead of just being a top 10 guy in 2014.

bluemax

Banned
Hi5 brah. King taco is the shit.
top 5 mexican in la area.
but I did notice not all king tacos taste the same.
The one in Pasadena and el Monte are great.

You'd probably hate new York style pizza then.

King Taco isn't even close to top 5 Mexican in LA. If that's your idea of good Mexican you might as well throw El Pollo Loco on the list.

masud

Banned
It more of a sign of how blindly people hate the Knicks.

Yup. Let Moris be a lesson. (till October)

Knicks age do any of you read posting and toasting? I really think its the one of the best NBA blogs out there.

I agree with this guy though, the Knicks need to rest everyone of importance for the next three games but still try and beat the lolcats. I want Novak playing like 40 minutes today, let him reconnect with his jumper

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Knicks age do any of you read posting and toasting? I really think its the one of the best NBA blogs out there.

I agree with this guy though, the Knicks need to rest everyone of importance for the next three games but still try and beat the lolcats. I want Novak playing like 40 minutes today, let him reconnect with his jumper

oh yeah I read it, dude has a good sense of comedy. Also Yeah I agree fuck this pacers game just overload on the bobcats and if by miracle the bobcats who are obviously tanking pull something out there ass play the hawks seriously.

I am also against playing the pacers for real because even if the knicks win that is tape being used for strategy against them in the playoffs/ Fuck this game give solomon jones and james white 48 minutes

P&T is hilarious, those dudes are great. yeah agree with all of this. let novak play 40 mins on every game for the rest of the season so he can get into a groove. were gonna need him to make shots in the post season

When I lived in LA, I always thought Alberto's had some good Mexican food. And while it wasn't real Mexican ingredients, Romona's Burritos used to be awesome too.

Damn, I got a taste for Tam's all of a sudden.

King Taco isn't even close to top 5 Mexican in LA. If that's your idea of good Mexican you might as well throw El Pollo Loco on the list.

Damn son.

When it come to ethnic food I have a rule. If I'm asked what do I want and the person behind the counter is a young person without an accent I walk out. This excludes fusion restaurants tho.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The 5th seed in the West is going to have more wins than the 2nd seed in the East.

The 5th seed in the West is going to have more wins than the 2nd seed in the East.

if the Lakers had been in the East they would have clinched a playoff spot weeks ago and Kobe wouldn't have had to klll himself to get them in this late in the season. DAMN YOU REGION BASED CONFERENCES!

Top Bottom