• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

RrG7ZTd.png

Ah, hell yeah!!!! Wish the Lakers had done this. I would have rooted for them a bit.

MVP - LeBron
6th Man - J.R. Smith
DPOTY - Marc Gasol
MIP - Larry Sanders
ROTY - Anthony Davis
COTY - Mike Woodson

1st Team All-NBA
CP3, Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Marc Gasol

A true man's rankings.

You guys are giving Marc Gasol DPOTY and 1st team over Timmy?

Aight now I know who doesn't know the fuck they're talking about
Duncan's had a great year but Gasol is the centerpiece of the best defense in the NBA.
and then there's the misc stuff.

Gasol-2769 minutes and most likely 80 games played.
Duncan-2042 minutes and 68 games.

it could go either way.

but LeBron's gonna get it

Timmy might have played the best defense but only 30mpg. I can't give an award to someone who is that low.

But I wouldn't be upset if he got it. Nba owes him cambys dpoy

Oh, so hes the better defender on the better team with the better DRtg, better blocks, and better rebounding but you're docking him because he plays 5 less minutes a game?

Sounds like Black Mamba to me.

And no, the NBA doesn't just owe him Camby's DPOTY. They owe him one for every year hes been in the league.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Let's go raptors if they win and the bulls win Thursday do the bulls get that 5th seed regardless of atl's game with the Knicks?

MVP: LeHGH
Sixth Man: J.R. "My Game Is ... SOOOOOO RIGGHHHTTT" Smith
MIP: Larry Sanders
DPotY: Mark "Best" Gasol
CotY: Either Mike Woodson or Greg Popovich

I thought by now the Raps would be getting the pipe? :(
Hello, welcome to the Atlanta Hawks.

Can't wait until the Knicks force Atlanta into that #6 spot tomorrow.
Let's go raptors if they win and the bulls win Thursday do the bulls get that 5th seed regardless of atl's game with the Knicks?
Bulls won the season series 2-1, so in case of a tie Bulls get the 5th spot.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
MVP: LeHGH
Sixth Man: J.R. "My Game Is ... SOOOOOO RIGGHHHTTT" Smith
MIP: Larry Sanders
DPotY: Mark "Best" Gasol
CotY: Either Mike Woodson or Greg Popovich

Hello, welcome to the Atlanta Hawks.

Can't wait until the Knicks force Atlanta into that #6 spot tomorrow.

Bulls won the season series 2-1, so in case of a tie Bulls get the 5th spot.

Good..... Good

Who told Korver he could rock a head band? Dude looks lol

giri

You guys are giving Marc Gasol DPOTY and 1st team over Timmy?

Aight now I know who doesn't know the fuck they're talking about

Uhh

Whilst timmy was playing good D, you should go check the grizz out, they were playing the Best D. And anchored by Marc, not Timmy. Who was amazing defensively all damn year.

It's not a slur on TD that at 36? someone else is playing better defense than he is.

Spurs signed Tmac. Should I feel happy about this? It'd probably feel better if Ginobli and Parker weren't so beat up, and the Spurs weren't tanking their last slate of games.

Oh, so hes the better defender on the better team with the better DRtg, better blocks, and better rebounding but you're docking him because he plays 5 less minutes a game?

Sounds like Black Mamba to me.

And no, the NBA doesn't just owe him Camby's DPOTY. They owe him one for every year hes been in the league.
By that logic they could give it to someone who plays 1 minute per game.

Yes, those 5 min matter. Also d rating is useless.

Spurs are 4 points better on defense with Timmy.

Grizz are 7 points better on defense with Gasol.

More minutes and bigger impact.

Uhh

Whilst timmy was playing good D, you should go check the grizz out, they were playing the Best D. And anchored by Marc, not Timmy. Who was amazing defensively all damn year.

It's not a slur on TD that at 36? someone else is playing better defense than he is.

Not to mention the minutes/games played should matter in this case. Saying "5 extra minutes per game" is a weak attempt at marginalizing it. Gasol played 700 more minutes this year than Timmy. That's 20 games worth of production. Zack Lowe put it very nicely. For the sake of argument say Timmy is an "A" defender and Gasol is an "A-" defender, you taking 60 games of A play over 80 games of A- play? Not me.

PBY

Banned
LMAO @ this NY Post writer

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman 1h
Just saw categories I'm voting for. Coach of Year one of them. Gosh, did anyone truly do a BETTER job than Woody? Anyone? #secondseed

Not to mention the minutes/games played should matter in this case. Saying "5 extra minutes per game" is a weak attempt at marginalizing it. Gasol played 700 more minutes this year than Timmy. That's 20 games worth of production. Zack Lowe put it very nicely. For the sake of argument say Timmy is an "A" defender and Gasol is an "A-" defender, you taking 60 games of A play over 80 games of A- play? Not me.

Exactly. It's a huge difference with at best a marginal difference in quality this season.

giri

Maybe, but i wouldn't concede that TD is even better than Marc at this point.

Marc really was pretty amazing this year.

I legit struggle to think of a better C this year.

Bosh is maybe the only other candidate.

Maybe, but i wouldn't concede that TD is even better than Marc at this point.

Marc really was pretty amazing this year.

I legit struggle to think of a better C this year.

Bosh is maybe the only other candidate.

I just meant for the sake of argument, conceding that Tim is the better individual player it still doesn't mean he's the DPOTY.

Top Bottom