• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

ihLrJ4yO2wicD.gif

Westlo

I keep hearing that Chalmers is some sort of defensive stopper. What the fuck, i love rio but dude gets torched by opposing PGs all the time.

Yeah he has always been an average at best defender since his rookie season, he's good at playing the passing lanes but he had trouble keeping in front of his guy.

At least he can dribble the ball over the backcourt better than he used to lol, not that he does it much these days since Lebron came but god damn when teams went full court on chalmers... that shit looked bad during the Beasley era.

And lol @ a no look pass from Wade being better than every oop attempt ever combined by chalmers, I really think he's going to injure lebron one day with his crappy passes.

Radec

Can anybody tell me what's the chance of my Mavs taking that 8th position?

Like how many games need to win and how many games the Jazz and Lakers have to lose. :D

I see that the Mavs finally found their brains and got Dirk the ball at the end of the game.

Edit: Walker is a stone cold warrior, but damn do I get jealous watching Curry highlights. He would look like a boss sporting hometown colors :-(

Cipherr

Anyone want to educate me? Why are this Sundays games in the evening instead of mid day like normal? The holiday? Or is that just common this time of the season and I just never noticed it?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
@SHowardCooper

Hearing more and more the Maloofs could keep the Kings rather than automatically sell to SAC group if Board of Govs declines Seattle bid.

This would be high comedy.

Also, they wouldn't be obligated to sell to any Sacramento group.

Cipherr

Old?

A foul on Lebron in that Chicago game upgraded to a Flagrant 1.

tweets.png

If Chicago and Miami meet in the playoffs... the ensuing supernova is gonna be wonderful.

Isn't that the play where he hacked LeBron's shoulders without seeing or going for the ball?

I just re-watched it now. It's the one in the 1st Q where Taj's arm hits Lebron's head.

The one where he got pulled down on his ass was a different foul and not a flagrent. That one was in the 4th, just before he flag1'ed Boozer.

I just re-watched it now. It's the one in the 1st Q where Taj's arm hits Lebron's head.

The one where he got pulled down on his ass was a different foul and not a flagrent. That one was in the 4th, just before he flag1'ed Boozer.
wait so the first quarter was a face shot and the fourth was the shoulder?

really cant remember if both happened on that flagrant cause I also don't remember what happened before he tried to KO boozer

wait so the first quarter was a face shot and the fourth was the shoulder?

really cant remember if both happened on that flagrant cause I also don't remember what happened before he tried to KO boozer

This is the one in the 4th. Regular foul:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94xtYMoooA

The 1Q one actually does not look nearly bad. He only brushed his head a bit. But Taj did unnecessarily extend his arm out for no really good reason. So that is likely why they changed it to flagrant 1.

Oh here it is. 1Q flagrent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrETFgvFwY4

I would actually argue on the official flagrant he made more of a play on the ball than on the non-flagrant but it is taboo to hit someone in the head even if it's an accident so I understand that

those rules are so murky though

also I can't be the only one who is tired/never amused by rick reilly. right??

Michael Beasley doing an interview:

Q: Is Skittles still your favorite candy? How often do you have them?

A: By far. I have them every day. Not as much as I used to. Probably like six or seven packs a day.

Q: Really? Fun-size or regular-sized bags?

A: The regular ones.

Q: Are the athletic trainers and team dieticians [sic.] good with that?

A: I don't bring them to the arena any more. I just eat them at home and keep them to myself. My favorite pack is the wild berry-the best, by far. I like to stick with the wild berry. The red pack is original so it's always going to be good, but that wild berry takes it to another level.

What is with NBA players and Skittles? How much dental work do they have to go through as well?

Omega

Banned
i love skittles too..but 6-7 a day sounds disgusting. i guess when u make millions who gives a shit, you can always pay to fix your teeth

dalVlatko

Jason Lloyd: Byron Scott’s future with the Cleveland Cavaliers in question
This team has been ravaged with injuries again this season, but the concerns aren’t related to the roster. They are core beliefs and in-game coaching strategies ranging from play calls to substitution patterns, his refusal to call timeouts at crucial junctures and an overall lack of defense.
BOB FINNAN: Byron Scott no longer a lock to return to Cleveland Cavaliers next season
Much of that carnage can be traced to the injuries to their top three players. But the problems might be deeper than that. The defense is one of the worst in the NBA. It struggles on some nights, and is non-existent on others. That’s a major concern to Cavs majority owner Dan Gilbert, and ultimately a hunch Scott could be on shaky ground.

I'm okay with Byron Scott being fired at the end of the season but he'll probably stay for another year because he has plenty of excuses.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
played Heat/Spurs on 2K

81-79 final score with LeBron getting bailed out for free throws leaving 10 seconds left

Tony Parker shot it up 5 seconds left then the ball bounced 5 times on the rim before falling off the rim as the buzzer went off

fuck this game

Top Bottom