• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

exarkun

What's with NBA players and massive candy addictions? It's like they are living the dreams they had when they were 5 years old.

"Well when I'm all grown up I'm gonna eat candy for breakfast and lunch and for dinner! I'm gonna eat it whenever I want".

"Well when I'm rich I'm gonna eat whatever I want. If I want to eat candy all day then I'm gonna eat candy! And there is nothing you can do about it!"

Lamar Odom has a big issue with candy as well. I think his thing is gummi bears.

Its the sugar rush. Something a lot of athletes do at younger ages, well before the caffeine and Gatorade-age, is to eat candy as a form of keeping their energy up. Especially people from lower income families, because they can't afford the stuff the other kids eat/drink before and during games.

I used to have a bunch of my soccer teammates in highschool still have stuff like skittles and pixy sticks in their bags for games. Didn't see it in college so much, because the coaches forced us to drink gatorade with water, but it was still there. Just a habbit.

Lamb baked inside fillo dough mmmm.

best kind of lamb ive had was a jewish lamb house in long beach, ca.
they would marinate the lamb chops over night.
and then the next day, they would smoke it for about 6hours.
and the end result is the meat falls off the bone and the fat/skin is salty, moist and crunchy
and the meat just melts in your mouth.
tumblr_lw0yv3Uk4K1qbjo08o1_250.png

lamb is like the one meat i never cook. Lot of work and very easy to fuck up (except for chops).

Also, how do you go through life in the US, able to afford internet and video games, and never once have a steak? How is this even possible unless by choice?

Anyway, I prefer medium rare. Favorite cut is porterhouse, followed by rib eye.

As a kid I ate well done because that's how my parents made it. One taste of medium rare one day and that was the end of my well done days. I can eat medium if it happens, but past that and I won't touch it.

My uncles hooking it up with some tri tip, ribs marinated a tad in orange juice and lemon, carne Asada, chorizo, ceviche and a whole bunch of other shit! Can't wait :)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WHAT? this sounds amazing. I've made pork wellington inside puff pastry before but nothing that decadent

Elenis in the Pearl serves this:

Braised leg of lamb in a roasted tomato and red pepper purée, baked inside filo dough with a blend of Greek cheeses; served with seasonal vegetables

Probably 14/7 on decent efficiency with fine defense.

i think he can be as good as prime jameer his whole career, a lot of similarities between them but burke is a lot more skilled and adept at playing at different speeds

imma say 16/8 shooting in the mid-high 40s will be his peak

given his prowess is running the PNR and he's the best off-the-dribble guy in the NCAA his nba floor is a decent starter

LOL Lebron, Wade and Chalmers all out of tonight's game due to minor injuries. Revenge on the Spurs for what they did to us. Enjoy your crappy game San Antonio.

Branduil

LOL Lebron, Wade and Chalmers all out of tonight's game due to minor injuries. Revenge on the Spurs for what they did to us. Enjoy your crappy game San Antonio.

I'm sure Stern will fine the Heat just like he did San Antonio. He's so consistent and unbiased after all.

thekad

Banned
I just saw the end of the Lakers-Kings game... Wow. Nice to know the Lakers would have really lost 6 straight games were it not for the goodwill of the refs. Kings got robbed bad.

Considering they're fighting for homecourt throughout, I'm sure most of the Spurs fans won't care much. Have you seen their attendance? Almost Top 10 in the league.

I am pretty sure they were looking forward to see stars that only come once a year. And now they won't have that. If you don't think they're the slightest disappointed you're crazy.

Especially since this game was crazy expensive. They aint paying that money to see homecourt advantage get won.

I am pretty sure they were looking forward to see stars that only come once a year. And now they won't have that. If you don't think they're the slightest disappointed you're crazy.

Especially since this game was crazy expensive. They aint paying that money to see homecourt advantage get won.
I said most won't care that much. Again, fans have to deal with this scenario when your team/the opposing team clinches with alot of games to go. Happens in every single sport, and I'm not even going into the intentional tanking.

Did I say they won't give a flying fuck? No, but Spurs fans have always seemed like the intelligent, bigger picture type
Tanking for Duncan lol
. Not going to see the Heat at full strength? Darn. Chance to get Homecourt throughout? WOOHOO!

exarkun

The injury is fucking horrific. Wow.

The heat should be fined for this game if Bosh plays limited minutes. They are essentially doing the same thing that SA did to them, but the players are travelling. Both are younger than the SA big three. Resting James, Wade, and Chalmers with no fine is bullshit.

nasax

We truly don't care. It pisses off OKC fans more than it will to us seeing as it's basically a gimme.

I said most won't care that much. Again, fans have to deal with this scenario when your team/the opposing team clinches with alot of games to go. Happens in every single sport, and I'm not even going into the intentional tanking.

Did I say they won't give a flying fuck? No, but Spurs fans have always seemed like the intelligent, bigger picture type
Tanking for Duncan lol
. Not going to see the Heat at full strength? Darn. Chance to get Homecourt throughout? WOOHOO!

Yep, this guy gets it.

Considering they're fighting for homecourt throughout, I'm sure most of the Spurs fans won't care much. Have you seen their attendance? Almost Top 10 in the league.

Yeah, I'm sure the people who paid 4 times the official price on their 1 game all year believe that.

Some of you guys here think too much about the team's perspective and not what real people want to see and how much it costs.

Spurs fanatics on message boards are not everyday ticket purchasers..

Top Bottom