• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Yup. Enjoy laying the pipe on the goddamn Toronto-Raptor-Heat, which no one in Miami gives any fucks about. Stay hopeful.

I'm listening about the omar kelly/zaslow feud...lol why does that stupid hack of a journalist still have a job? He is the reason I stay away from the Dolphins section of the sun sentinel

^all you need to know about realgm in one sentence

Its a terrible website for terrible people

Spurs-Lakers
OKC-Rox
Grizz-Warriors
Clips-Nuggets

Eh, actually I think Nuggs - Warriors would be pretty awesome, and I'm alright with the a Clips-Grizz rematch. That was a good series last year.

No doubt that OKC-Rox and Spurs-Lakers are the most entertaining possible matchups though, for obvious reasons.

Only playoff matchups I want to see:

Heat v Pacers/Boston

Thunder v Rox

Spurs v Heat

That's about it. Wouldn't mind Bulls v Heat with a healthy Rose but dude is mindfucked.

So, in this hypothetical Thunder-Rox matchups, storylines and all, what are we looking at? 50 FTA a game? 60?

If the Rox manage to go the distance I bet it will double up on some records.

Nuggets/Warriors and Knicks(lol)/Celtics would be interesting.

Not a big fan of up and coming/non-superstar teams facing each other. Would rather see them try to upset established teams.

Knicks are just....ugh. Idk. I'm just entertained by Knicks-age reactions so maybe.

KingGondo

Banned
Eh, actually I think Nuggs - Warriors would be pretty awesome, and I'm alright with the a Clips-Grizz rematch. That was a good series last year.

No doubt that OKC-Rox and Spurs-Lakers are the most entertaining possible matchups though, for obvious reasons.

Only playoff matchups I want to see:

Heat v Pacers/Boston

Thunder v Rox

Spurs v Heat

That's about it. Wouldn't mind Bulls v Heat with a healthy Rose but dude is mindfucked.
I don't know how competitive OKC-Rox would be. We've dominated all but one game against them this season, and that one featured perhaps Harden's best game ever.

The playoff race no one is talking about is HOU and GSW's battle for 6th. The Rox are only a game back.

Its pretty significant because I think avoiding OKC/SAS greatly increases those teams' chance of winning a series

Not a big fan of up and coming/non-superstar teams

Eh, Steph will be superstar tier in time

I hope the Heat legitimately don't care and just lay down tonight so we can get the win and keep our streak going. I for one will love arguing that the Knicks are the only team to go 3-1 versus the Heat even in this season where they dominated everyone. We aren't going to need to face them again anyway unless we get into the ECF or something somehow, so it's all good if they punt this game and let that 3-1 marinate.

And if they win without their full cast, we can disregard the game because hey - we weren't fully healthy and the Heat didn't even take the game seriously anyway!
Must be depressing to be a Knick fan

Cipherr

Shit I still have those games recorded and saved. There was truly no team that could have beat Dallas that year. Their entire playoff run was absolutely unbelievable.

I have no fucking idea what Mark Cuban was snorting/smoking/shooting to disassemble that fucking squad the way he did... I mean seriously.... He broke THAT squad up for a shot at DWill? or maybe Howard?

FOH, thats just insane.

wJhPFFB.gif

Shit I still have those games recorded and saved. There was truly no team that could have beat Dallas that year. Their entire playoff run was absolutely unbelievable.

I have no fucking idea what Mark Cuban was snorting/smoking/shooting to disassemble that fucking squad the way he did... I mean seriously.... He broke THAT squad up for a shot at DWill? or maybe Howard?

FOH, thats just insane.

What? Did you forget the first three games where the Heat outplayed them (outside of an epic collapse in game 2)

That was a great competitive series. I dont know why people remember that as some kind of beatdown

Cipherr

So Spo is officially sitting Lebron Wade and Chalmers tonight it seems. Unless people are writing troll articles a day late.

Sort of kills any desire I had to watch tonight.

Must be depressing to be a Knick fan

It has been, but these are definitely better days. 3 years ago we were tanking for picks and free agents. 2 years ago, it was a glorious thing to be 2 games above .500. 1 year ago, we were celebrating not getting swept out the playoffs for once (while watching Shump, Davis and Amare injure themselves out of the series). Today, 20 games over .500, leading the division, potentially getting a favorable home court playoff matchup, and maybe - just maybe - not having cadavers playing in that playoff matchup? Good times.

Also, that 2011 Finals thread was glorious. NBA-Age united to banish the Heat that season!

Hot damn I was shitting on Bron harrrd that series.

Fuck you Lebron for fixing everything I criticized you for

Now the NBA isn't even fun. Its just a battle for second place -_-

and of course Heat won't get fined for their shit.
It has been, but these are definitely better days. 3 years ago we were tanking for picks and free agents. 2 years ago, it was a glorious thing to be 2 games above .500. 1 year ago, we were celebrating not getting swept out the playoffs for once (while watching Shump, Davis and Amare injure themselves out of the series). Today, 20 games over .500, leading the division, potentially getting a favorable home court playoff matchup, and maybe - just maybe - not having cadavers playing in that playoff matchup? Good times.
Not to mention discussing possible playoff matchups and getting nothing but reasons why the Knicks will lose.

... waitaminute it's still like that!

#FukDaKnicksFromDay1 :p

AirBrian

FOH, thats just insane.

wJhPFFB.gif

You know, on one hand I completely agree with you, but on the other hand, it's not looking like too bad of a move 2 years later. Yeah the Mavs are fighting for 8th, but Dirk missing 27 games is more to blame than anything else. Of all the people that left, really only Chandler has been consistently good before he got hurt recently. Although I will admit an 80-year old Kidd is still better than Mike James.

and of course Heat won't get fined for their shit.

Not to mention discussing possible playoff matchups and getting nothing but reasons why the Knicks will lose.

... waitaminute it's still like that!

#FukDaKnicksFromDay1 :p

It's all good...our day will come soon.

And the sooner it arrives, the better this thread will get. Charsace alone will be worth it.

masud

Banned

The Knicks are running the long con. Any present day joy you feel will only serve to amplify future pain.

Branduil

I wanted the Mavs to keep Chandler, but those other guys wouldn't make a big difference. The Mavs would just become Boston 2.0, making playoff runs but never getting that second chip.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
PhilJack going to be in Staples tonight with Dan Tony struggling to get to the playoffs and Shaq in the same place as Howard.

MUST SEE TV

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Am I less of a fan for hoping the lakers miss the playoffs? I don't want to suffer through 4 more games of this shit team.

Not really.

Missing the playoffs ensures that shit will change in the offseason. Them limping in and getting knocked out in the first round (especially if they win a game or two) doesn't hurt nearly as bad as missing altogether.

Played some Super Mario Bros U at Gamestop.

Lol, that game hasn't changed since 1992 or whateverdafuk

I actually enjoyed the 'new gen' Mario games and hope that's one thing they don't change---just keep making levels interesting and fun

There's a lot of way too recycled shit though

FOH, thats just insane.

wJhPFFB.gif

It was the right move, honestly. Jason Kidd has really regressed. Tyson Chandler is really the only piece he should have kept and even he had a history of injuries. Peja retired. Jason Terry has regressed too. So I didn't expect him to overpay for old, regressing talent.

Top Bottom