• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Steven Adams declared for the draft.

He has no offensive talent and sucks at most things other than being really tall and athletic, but that worked out for Drummond so I wouldn't mind the Jazz taking him with their first pick this year.

He has no offensive talent and sucks at most things other than being really tall and athletic, but that worked out for Drummond so I wouldn't mind the Jazz taking him with their first pick this year.

I hope the "Drummond rule" doesn't force us to select Len.

Funny thing is there is still a good chance that Drummond busts. Minute allocation/sample size is kind of awful.

just seeing this Mike Rice shit now. what a fucking clown. second video ive seen this year of some uppity college coach laying hands on his players

I hope the "Drummond rule" doesn't force us to select Len.

Funny thing is there is still a good chance that Drummond busts. Minute allocation/sample size is kind of awful.

Agreed, it's kind of crazy to anoint a guy when he has only started one game. Surprised that Adams is declaring, he really could have benefited by staying in school another year.

Edit: going to be a lot of bigs taken in this year's early first, I wouldn't be shocked if any of these guys end up in the lottery:

Noel
Adams
Len
Bennett
Zeller
Austin
Dieng
Plumlee
Withey
Olynyk

Who do you think we're drafting Dark Faze??

We'll probably draft 10th with the way things are working out. Guys I expect to be there that Wiz may consider are Oladipo, Olynyk, Len, and McCollum.

Nobody we pick is going to be a starter, and realistically only Olynyk and Len have a chance at beating out Nene/Okafor in the future.

Very little chance we draft guys who can only be backups in Oladipo and McCollum. We need backup guard help with Price being injury prone, but using our 1st isn't the answer.

Our frontcourt is older and far more likely to be injured anyway, so I think the pick is between Olynyk and Len.

Okafor seems terribly injury prone but he really isn't. Gave no fucks during the Hornets tank/lockout year and other than that he's pretty much hit 70+ games a season. Len is obviously a homegrown product and interesting, but there's more of a likelihood of us needing a potential Nene replacement due to his injury history. Also, Olynyk can play PF/C.

So yeah, I hope and think Olynyk will be the pick.

Can bynum challenge amare for worst contract if he gets the max?

He's already Oden status to most FO's. Philly is on record saying they'll take a "wait and see approach". Teams will basically pay him 8-10 per season for 2 years max (second year team option) to see if he's fit.

I think he'll get paid to sit on the bench again and then end up out of the league.

Emwitus

How many times are people gonna post this shit? The nba has been making terrible calls since the 80s. From the celts bird era, to magic, to mj to etc etc. How about we compile a thunder video? Or the miami streak video? with lebron going 6 games without a single foul called against him? Or harden? cp3? Are people really that butt hurt about a team that would eventually get swept in if at all make the playoffs? Really?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvMG7mZGo04

Just to name one. The only difference is a guy was willing to put in the work to compile an LA video.

charsace

He's a really good defender, athletic, and understands that he is big and plays that way. I like him more than Len. Adams should go top 10.

surprised they didn't include the golden state game where the lakers shot like 20 free throws in the third quarter

of course they still lost because kobe is the worst defender in the league

Brinbe

Apologies if already posted, but damn... http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...ttenton-indicted-charges-murder-gang-activity

Former NBA player and Atlanta native Javaris Crittenton was indicted Tuesday on charges of murder and gang activity.

The Fulton County District Attorney's office said Crittenton, 25, and his cousin, Douglas Gamble, were charged in a 12-count indictment in the death of an Atlanta woman and the attempted murder of another man.

Julian Jones -- a mother of two -- was shot and killed in southwest Atlanta while walking with a group of people in August 2011. Authorities say that incident and a second shooting were gang-related. Officials say the shootings may have been retaliation after Crittenton was the victim of a robbery in which $50,000 worth of jewelry was stolen.

Crittenton, a former Georgia Tech guard, was drafted by the Lakers in 2007 and has also played for the Washington Wizards and Memphis Grizzlies. He was suspended for 38 games during the 2009-10 season for pulling a gun in the Wizards' locker room.

While nursing an injury, he and Gilbert Arenas were involved in a dispute stemming from a card game on a team flight. Arenas brought four guns to the locker room and set them in front of Crittenton's locker with a sign telling him to "PICK 1." Crittenton then took out his own gun.

Crittenton pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge on Jan. 25, 2010, and received probation.

After being released on bond in the 2011 shooting, Crittenton was arrested in February 2012 for speeding in Riverdale, Ga. -- about 15 miles south of downtown Atlanta -- and refusing to get out of his Porsche when police told him to. Authorities said he also refused to sign his speeding ticket.

Crittenton's attorney, Brian Steel, says his client is not guilty in the shooting.

"Mr. Crittenton and I look forward to proceeding to a jury trial, where the jury will be able to hear and see all of the evidence and reach a lawful, just, and proper verdict of not guilty," Steel said Tuesday night, adding that he disputes the notion the ex-NBA player was involved in any gang activity.

A trial date has not been set.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Agreed, it's kind of crazy to anoint a guy when he has only started one game. Surprised that Adams is declaring, he really could have benefited by staying in school another year.

Edit: going to be a lot of bigs taken in this year's early first, I wouldn't be shocked if any of these guys end up in the lottery:

Noel
Adams
Len
Bennett
Zeller
Austin
Dieng
Plumlee
Withey
Olynyk

im interested in the two other big man wild cards for the cavs late first round pick(assuming they dont trade it)

that foreign guy and that 7 footer who was a top high schooler then fell off the map

linsivvi

Lakers finally get some luck their way and it's a conspiracy. The Internet will never change.

Because a no call on a dirty play against Kobe at the end of the game that potentially cost the Lakers the game was just part of the drama to make it more exciting.

Kobe wasn't hurt at all.

It's all staged.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If any team is gonna eat a dick 4 games in a row it's gonna The Lakers!

DAT D'antoni effect

BG5Sl3hCIAISlEo.png-large.png

Melo's 50 pt breakdown from yesterday. Nothing in the paint and also no turnovers.... I repeat he was styling on them B squaders.

Because a no call on a dirty play against Kobe at the end of the game that potentially cost the Lakers the game was just part of the drama to make it more exciting.

Kobe wasn't hurt at all.

It's all staged.

Certain incidents will always be overlooked to make their conspiracies seem more well rounded than they really area. However misguided it is, they can still make their videos to express themselves.

linsivvi

Melo's 50 pt breakdown from yesterday. Nothing in the paint and also no turnovers.... I repeat he was styling on them B squaders.

No wonder Melo shoots so few FTs.

Certain incidents will always be overlooked to make their conspiracies seem more well rounded than they really area. However misguided it is, they can still make their videos to express themselves.

But hey, we shouldn't complain, right?

That idiot who made the video said the Lakers will get in. No need to worry about anything at all. :)

DAT D'antoni effect

50 points without a point in the paint? It might very well be unprecedented.

And no need to say it was the b squad, it was Shane Battier throughout the game, and god knows if his defense is overrated...

KingKong

I think Simmons had an idea for some small time team to draft a woman just to get the media attention and ticket sales, Cubes is just trolling though

jjasper

Lakers get calls welcome to the NBA. Can't wait for the follow up video about the Thunder getting a lot more FTs than anyone they play.

Of course it's rigged. Go back and watch some videos from the 2006 Finals. Or the Kings/Lakers series. Look at the fact that a ref was openly betting on games. The NBA wants the Lakers in. That doesn't mean that they'll get in, but the NBA will do everything in its power to try to make them get in. That Portland game was an embarrassment. I can't remember the last time a team benefited from EVERY call during the entire second half.

I'm glad they caught that obvious Dirk foul too. Not to mention that Dwight Howard took three steps backwards last night but it was somehow a foul and not a travel. And Kobe fouled Rubio. But that douche couldn't even admit it. He could lie through his teeth about how Shaq, but he couldn't admit that he fouled someone. Then had the audacity to say they would have won in overtime anyway considering they've been playing like dogshit.

Nori Chan

Of course it's rigged. Go back and watch some videos from the 2006 Finals. Or the Kings/Lakers series. Look at the fact that a ref was openly betting on games. The NBA wants the Lakers in. That doesn't mean that they'll get in, but the NBA will do everything in its power to try to make them get in. That Portland game was an embarrassment. I can't remember the last time a team benefited from EVERY call during the entire second half.

I'm glad they caught that obvious Dirk foul too. Not to mention that Dwight Howard took three steps backwards last night but it was somehow a foul and not a travel. And Kobe fouled Rubio. But that douche couldn't even admit it. He could lie through his teeth about how Shaq, but he couldn't admit that he fouled someone. Then had the audacity to say they would have won in overtime anyway considering they've been playing like dogshit.

Lol straight out salt

I guess that travel call surely blew the game. Instead of 20 it surely would've been an 18 point victory. PROGRESS

and Jones fouled Kobe. And Wiz got a BS 3 in a non-catch/shoot scenario in their win. And the refs fucked up the clock in Indy to literally take points away from the Lakers. And Dirk got 4 BS FTs late in the game when he just lost the ball versus Pau standing still and the other pushing into Howard.

You guys are ridiculous. NBA is out to get Lakers as far as possible always, except when they denied the CP3 trade and when the Pistons beat them in the Finals and the Mavs swept them 2 years ago and Phx came back down 3-1 on them, and they missed the playoffs in '04, and etc etc etc.

Lakers win = NBA set it up.
Lakers lose = NBA fucked up.

like 9/11 truthers.

NBA refs fuck up a lot. You could do that video with any team in the league.

I'm not going to argue with Lakers fans. The most entitled, blameless, and delusional fans in all of professional sports. And no, you can't make a video like that with any team in the league. All of those blown calls and strange whistles have resulted in the past ten games or so for the Lakers. It's not like that was a season long montage of blown calls.

Nori Chan

I'm not going to argue with Lakers fans. The most entitled, blameless, and delusional fans in all of professional sports. And no, you can't make a video like that with any team in the league. All of those blown calls and strange whistles have resulted in the past ten games or so for the Lakers. It's not like that was a season long montage of blown calls.

Lol biggest cop out ever.

I honestly think you post here more about the Lakers than the fucking mavs.

Could it be because this Mavs season was conceded before it even began? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to post a lot about a team composed of one year contracts and a team that features Mike James as a starting PG. I said weeks ago that I didn't expect them to make the playoffs.

Top Bottom