• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Ohwiseone

I seriously hope they don't drag out this relocation decision past the BOG meetings in two weeks.

I wanna know if I need to plan for the inevitable ESPN/TNT broadcast of the thunder @sonics game that sets off the rivalry, and will have the Thunder losing that game in some ridiculously epic fashion.

Then stop watching the NBA. It's rigged, no point is caring.

Eh, I just factor NBA bias as "part of the game." So like, I value Laker championships as about a tenth of a small market one. Its simply a less impressive accomplishment so I value it as such.

And I've stopped caring about other teams as much. If the Spurs win it all, thats fucking awesome, and I focus on that more than the fact that the collusion in South Beach drastically lowered their chances. It sucks, but oh well. All that means is that 2nd place is the new 1st.

Can they move the Kings to Seattle already my god.
Beadle.gif

Eh, I just factor NBA bias as "part of the game." So like, I value Laker championships as about a tenth of a small market one. Its simply a less impressive accomplishment so I value it as such.

And I've stopped caring about other teams as much. If the Spurs win it all, thats fucking awesome, and I focus on that more than the fact that the collusion in South Beach drastically lowered their chances. It sucks, but oh well. All that means is that 2nd place is the new 1st.

Lol at the implication that the Spurs are not a large market team. Guess Spurs titles count for 1/10th too.

Emwitus

If it wasn't for LA, san antonio might have won 10 championships. I'd feel the same way too.

Alright, let me put it in terms that don't ruffle your Laker feathers:

What was more impressive, Dirk willing his Maverick team through superteam after superteam in 2011, or the cHeat shitting on a weak, injured East (esp with no Rose), only to take advantage of a scared shitless Thunder team that had no right to be there?

Which accomplishment is more impressive? Which had a higher degree of difficulty? Who had to overcome the most hurdles?

Thats not to say the Heat wins weren't impressive; I think the 92 US Dream Team beating up on Angola was dandy too. Its just less impressive than what the Mavericks did.

All championships are not created equal. And due to how the NBA is set up, and how certain teams are consistently favored over others, certain teams have an easier road year-in and year-out. Thats just how it is.

What was more impressive, Dirk willing his Maverick team through superteam after superteam in 2011, or the cHeat shitting on a weak, injured East (esp with no Rose), only to take advantage of a scared shitless Thunder team that had no right to be there?

Which accomplishment is more impressive? Which had a higher degree of difficulty? Who had to overcome the most hurdles?

Thats not to say the Heat wins weren't impressive; I think the 92 US Dream Team beating up on Angola was dandy too. Its just less impressive than what the Mavericks did.

All championships are not created equal. And due to how the NBA is set up, and how certain teams are consistently favored over others, certain teams have an easier road year-in and year-out. Thats just how it is.

Thats true. 1999 Spurs title was the cheapest in history.

bwahahaa

only to take advantage of a scared shitless Thunder team that had no right to be there?

Just so I'm clear here...the team that beat the Mavs (the team you're praising for winning it all the year before), Lakers, and your precious Spurs to make the finals had no right to be there?

You had home court advantage and couldn't hang with a younger, faster, stronger team. GTFO. Blame the finals loss on the real cause: LeBron is a freaking monster and he went beast mode.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
kemba literally has to beat 4 defenders in one play for our offense to look competent

Top Bottom