• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

There's nothing to argue. That video stands on its own. The only people that are trying to dismiss it are Lakers fans, of course. Because nothing ever benefits the Lakers and the NBA has never shown that franchise any sort of preferential treatment. As soon it was posted on this forum, and people started taking note, Lakers fans started scrambling and trying to downplay it. Like clockwork.

Wiz fans wanting to draft Len over Olynyk are starting to drive my through the wall.

Citing Len being 19 as an advantage is kind of absurd. Young defensive minded bigs are often awful defensively, taking so long to figure things out that basically all you've done is paid for their strength training and development and end up giving them to another franchise on the cheap where they finally start to put it together.

Joakim, Larry Sanders, Asik...these guys are all 24+. Joakim was 22 when he came into the league.

Other than once in a generation players (Garnett, Dwight, Davis) has any young big (19-21) ever done shit in the league on that end of the court?

I'm not going to argue with Lakers fans. The most entitled, blameless, and delusional fans in all of professional sports. And no, you can't make a video like that with any team in the league. All of those blown calls and strange whistles have resulted in the past ten games or so for the Lakers. It's not like that was a season long montage of blown calls.

This is the point where the 9/11 truther claims the other poster is a gov't plant.

The only difference is the subject matter.

And yes, you could make a video like that. There's fouls by both teams on like 80% of possessions and refs miss a lot of 3 seconds, out of bounds plays, etc. You're suffering from confirmation bias.

There's nothing to argue. That video stands on its own. The only people that are trying to dismiss it are Lakers fans, of course. Because nothing ever benefits the Lakers and the NBA has never shown that franchise any sort of preferential treatment. As soon it was posted on this forum, and people started taking note, Lakers fans started scrambling and trying to downplay it. Like clockwork.

And when evidence is shown against the Lakers, like the Atlanta game, Indiana game, Dirks late FTs etc, you ignore it. Like a truther.

Then stop watching the NBA. It's rigged, no point is caring.

This is the point where the 9/11 truther claims the other poster is a gov't plant.

The only difference is the subject matter.

And yes, you could make a video like that. There's fouls by both teams on like 80% of possessions and refs miss a lot of 3 seconds, out of bounds plays, etc. You're suffering from confirmation bias.

A Lakers fan has no fucking right to pull the "confirmation bias" argument. Jesus Christ. Probably the funniest thing I've read all week. If any group of fans suffers from confirmation bias then it is Lakers fans. Oh my god.

In this draft you probably gotta take the guy with dat upside and potential (don't forget the wingspan and jumpouttadagymability too) and hope you get that guy who pans out over a guy who will be a solid bench guy at worse and a fringe starter at best.

Reach for the stars and all that.

Of course that could backfire hard too since you could get an epic flameout and get killed/fired for passing on a guy who doesn't completely blow.

A Lakers fan has no fucking right to pull the "confirmation bias" argument. Jesus Christ. Probably the funniest thing I've read all week. If any group of fans suffers from confirmation bias then it is Lakers fans. Oh my god.

All NBA fan bases suffer from confirmation bias.

It's uncanny how much this could be a 9/11 truther post. HAHA It's gov't apologist who really suffer from confirmation bias. Oh god I'm laughing so hard!

Sad, honestly.

In this draft you probably gotta take the guy with dat upside and potential (don't forget the wingspan and jumpouttadagymability too) and hope you get that guy who pans out over a guy who will be a solid bench guy at worse and a fringe starter at best.

Reach for the stars and all that.

Of course that could backfire hard too since you could get an epic flameout and get killed/fired for passing on a guy who doesn't completely blow.

It's the best of both worlds with Olynyk tho.

2012-13 Kelly Olynyk 36.2 Gonzaga
2011-12 Anthony Davis 35.13 Kentucky
2010-11 Kenneth Faried 34.75 Morehead State
2009-10 DeMarcus Cousins 34.18 Kentucky

^ List of recent bigs with PERs similar to Olynyk.

Emwitus

Could it be because this Mavs season was conceded before it even began? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to post a lot about a team composed of one year contracts and a team that features Mike James as a starting PG. I said weeks ago that I didn't expect them to make the playoffs.
Yet you're so butt hurt when they lose to the lakers and their playoffs hopes are all but pipe dreams

Yet you're so butt hurt when they lose to the lakers and their playoffs hopes are all but pipe dreams

What hurts more? Tell me. Being a fan of a team that is composed of one year contracts and Mike James starting as the PG narrowly missing the playoffs after their star player was injured for about the first quarter of the year OR being a fan of a team that has four all stars and is going to get their asses kicked in the first round? You cannot spin my fandom into a negative considering the Lakers are one of the most underpeforming professional teams ever this season.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
Bradley Beal will miss the rest of the Washington Wizards season with a "stress injury in his right fibula," the team says.

Emwitus

What hurts more?Tell me. Being a fan of a team that is composed of one year contracts and Mike James starting as the PG narrowly missing the playoffs after their star player was injured for about the first quarter of the year OR being a fan of a team that has four all stars and is going to get their asses kicked in the first round? You cannot spin my fandom into a negative considering the Lakers are one of the most underpeforming professional teams ever this season.
Unlike you, im not pretending not to be butt hurt. Take your shittiness in stride....you might have a few more coming up. Maybe we can get dirk to come to the lakers too.

Wiz fans wanting to draft Len over Olynyk are starting to drive my through the wall.

Citing Len being 19 as an advantage is kind of absurd. Young defensive minded bigs are often awful defensively, taking so long to figure things out that basically all you've done is paid for their strength training and development and end up giving them to another franchise on the cheap where they finally start to put it together.

Joakim, Larry Sanders, Asik...these guys are all 24+. Joakim was 22 when he came into the league.

Other than once in a generation players (Garnett, Dwight, Davis) has any young big (19-21) ever done shit in the league on that end of the court?

Derrick Favors is pretty great defensively and he's only 21. He was still a top 3 pick, but most good big men in general are picked top 5 and I don't think he was considered once-in-a-generation level. I do agree that defense usually takes longer to learn than offense and I don't like Len either, but I'm not sure if I'd call Len defense-orientated though with how slow he can be.

I think that video is beyond stupid. However, I am definitely enjoying Lakers-age, who loves to throw around the cHeat and FThunder, having to argue about it.

Derrick Favors is pretty great defensively and he's only 21. He was still a top 3 pick, but most good big men in general are picked top 5 and I don't think he was considered once-in-a-generation level. I do agree that defense usually takes longer to learn than offense and I don't like Len either, but I'm not sure if I'd call Len defense-orientated though with how slow he can be.

Favors sample size is kind of meh with his limited minutes though.

I think that video is beyond stupid. However, I am definitely enjoying Lakers-age, who loves to throw around the cHeat and FThunder, having to argue about it.

I'm one of the few that have defended the FThunder here with regards to their FTAs.

My problem with the Heat is more due to Lebron getting that bull rush foul in his favor but I acknowledge other players get it too. He just does it a lot. And Wade offensive flops. But I don't think the NBA goes out of its way to give the Heat calls.

Favors sample size is kind of meh with his limited minutes though.

? He's played high level defense for the last year and a half and has played even better as a starter. He's only played limited minutes because this organization is insane, he's consistently shown high-level defense ability other than in the spots where he has to play PF next to Al.

? He's played high level defense for the last year and a half and has played even better as a starter. He's only played limited minutes because this organization is insane, he's consistently shown high-level defense ability other than in the spots where he has to play PF next to Al.

I know he's a good defender...I just have a personal quip of saying in stone that a guy is a legit anything until he gets starter minutes. There are so many factors when minutes are that low--quality of competition, having legs for days against someone who doesn't, etc.

edit:
Bradley Beal will miss the rest of the Washington Wizards season with a "stress injury in his right fibula," the team says.

That's a direct result of playing through ankle strain. It should be okay with the rest he'll get but I question why he came back so early from his second ankle sprain.

They're such a marginalised, hard done by organization.

I don't know how they survive.

If the Lakers miss the playoffs we will have experienced a true tragedy basketball related. The organization will have suffered at the level of the Wizards, the Bucks, the Kings. Just because we have higher standards and expectations doesn't mean we feel the same type of frustration and let down as other terrible teams.

Parker and Leonard out tonight v Orlando. Surprised Timmy isn't as well.

Sounds like Pop is gonna go all in on tomorrow night's game @OKC. All hands on deck. Gonna be epic.

giri

If the NBA wanted to do the Lakers any favors, the Lakers would have Chris Paul right now.

I know. Personally i'm disgusted that they weren't sent at least Harden in compensation. And i'm still outraged Lebron was allowed to go to any another team other than the lakers.

If the Lakers miss the playoffs we will have experienced a true tragedy basketball related. The organization will have suffered at the level of the Wizards, the Bucks, the Kings. Just because we have higher standards and expectations doesn't mean we feel the same type of frustration and let down as other terrible teams.

I'm sure somewhere a small child is crying. And it's because of this. I have no doubt.

I know. Personally i'm disgusted that they weren't sent at least Harden in compensation. And i'm still outraged Lebron was allowed to go to any another team other than the lakers.

I'm sure somewhere a small child is crying. And it's because of this. I have no doubt.

It's obvious why you are being so crass. Your team has never tasted the sweet aroma of championship success. You've never tasted that first nirvana like flavor of a title as a fan. It becomes a drug and once you taste it you need it every year. Lakers fans more than any other NBA fanbase over the last 30 years have been forced to elevate their expectations and standards, becoming so drunken over the glory of titledom. When we aren't allowed to dine on our customary meal in June we are forced to suffer even worse than those who have never tasted it at all.

giri

It's obvious why you are being so crass. Your team has never tasted the sweet aroma of championship success. You've never tasted that first nirvana like flavor of a title as a fan. It becomes a drug and once you taste it you need it every year. Lakers fans more than any other NBA fanbase over the last 30 years have been forced to elevate their expectations and standards, becoming so drunken over the glory of titledom. When we aren't allowed to dine on our customary meal in June we are forced to suffer even worse than those who have never tasted it at all.

Crass?

I'm agreeing with you.

I'm mortally offended by the whole thing!

I still don't know why the lakers are required to compete for players and abide by the CBA.

Crass?

I'm agreeing with you.

I'm mortally offended by the whole thing!

I still don't know why the lakers are required to compete for players and abide by the CBA.

So salty. So sarcastic. You don't have any idea of what it's like to suffer like the Lakers fan base is right now.

linsivvi

Better wait for an expansion team because the Kings will no doubt stay in Sacramento.

I see the owners not giving a shit about Sacramento and trying to create good PR and make up their past mistakes by giving Seattle a new team.

I also don't see any expansion team coming soon. There's just not enough talents and market to support more teams.

The simplest solution is to move KD back to the city that drafted him. :p

Top Bottom