• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

linsivvi

It's not.

The Lakers aren't truly dead until their scrubs are getting embarrassed on the court. I'm talking worse than the Sedale Threatt/Anthony Peeler/George Lynch/corpse of Kurt Rambis/1993-1994 Lakers.

Otherwise they're just in limbo.

93-94 lead to the glorious 94-95 season where they downed the mighty Supersonics though....

Take out the ridiculous Detroit game from the 1st 10. That is skewing shit heavily.

Also, offenses get better as the season goes on every year. The first 10 games are, generally, the best for a team on that end.

The rebounding differential by itself is enough to cost many wins. It's all Pringles small ball. I can't believe you're still defending him.

93-94 lead to the glorious 94-95 season where they downed the mighty Supersonics though....
Van Exel/Jones was a godly backcourt. Vlade was a beast. Elden was solid.
That team finished 39-43 and missed the playoffs, but they played hard. Something this Laker team could do more of.

Sometimes a team never gets a chance to get out of the starting blocks right, whether it's injuries/coaching changes whatever. With all the talent on this team doesn't anyone think that eventually they'll go on a run of 5-6 wins in a row? Obviously they're on hard times now but when people get healthy you'd figure they luck into at least a 2-3 game winning streak. Shit, maybe the Lakers need to find their own journeyman Asian guard from an Ivy League school or something.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
WojYahooNBA
The NBA has suspended Boston's Rajon Rondo one game for making contact with an official and failing to cooperate with league investigation.

lol

So no Rondo for the game against the Knicks???

Denzel-Washington-Making-Smoking-Even-Cooler.gif

linsivvi

Sometimes a team never gets a chance to get out of the starting blocks right, whether it's injuries/coaching changes whatever. With all the talent on this team doesn't anyone think that eventually they'll go on a run of 5-6 wins in a row? Obviously they're on hard times now but when people get healthy you'd figure they luck into at least a 2-3 game winning streak. Shit, maybe the Lakers need to find their own journeyman Asian guard from an Ivy League school or something.

Eh, they already had that lucky 5 win streak where they beat the Knicks on Christmas Day....

It's all Kome ball from here on out and you are going to like it.

Cloudy

Banned
Doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense. Everyone accepted their roles on that team and knew their limitations.

On the current squad:

- Dwight wants iso-postups and refuses to be benched late to avoid hackashaq.
- Pau refuses to come off the bench so we start him and get killed on rotations.
- Metta wants to be a scorer, so his defense has suffered.
- Kobe is having to guard PGs at age 34 and play entire 2nd halves, so his energy suffers and he can't save us in the clutch

etc.

Cipherr

Is Dwight really seen as playing horribly right now? I didn't watch a lot of him when he was with the Magic, so maybe I just dont see it.

But watching him this season, and recently, he seems to be hustling. I mean damn, dude got 26 boards yesterday, had a few points in the paint, some blocks (the one at the end landing in Gallinaris hands was a fluke, Dwight was still in the right to block that shot).

I'm not really seeing where he is doing so 'bad'. But then again, I mainly watch the heat, who don't have a center worth shit TBH, so maybe he just looks good in comparison to my eyes. Nash looks great though, hopefully folks agree on that at least.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It makes perfect sense. Everyone accepted their roles on that team and knew their limitations. Dwight wants iso-postups and refuses to be benched to avoid hackashaq. Pau refuses to come off the bench so we start him and get killed on rotations. Metta wants to be a scorer, so his defense has suffered. Kobe is having to guard PGs at age 34, so his energy suffers and he can't save us in the clutch etc.

A good coach could fix that. Oh wait..... Nm

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Royce White ‏@Highway_30

If one more person tweets me, talking about NBA travel, I'll puke! This has NOTHING to do with traveling.. #BeWell #2K13 #InformOurselvesAge "

Royce White ‏@Highway_30

“@ozi0628: @Highway_30 NBA travel. Now puke you scum” #BeWell friend..."

LOL I'm sorry for posting more Royce shit, but as a Rockets fan I can't help myself. I recall when it was all about travel, man how things change when you can't start on the NBA squad. Those damn non protocol's in place holding him down!

Crysis 3 won't receive a Wii U version, it has been confirmed.

Despite being a "possibility" last year, CEO and founder of Crytek Cevat Yerli said "there is no Wii U version" due to a lack of "business drive" between publisher EA and Nintendo.

... wat

Top Bottom