• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Cloudy

Banned
they're still scoring over 100ppg even with the turnovers

the problem is that they're allowing 102ppg

edit: they're 8th in turnovers but the difference between 8th and 27th is 1 turnover per 100 possesions so it doesnt mean much. they are 2nd in pace though but that makes sense since theyre not running the triangle anymore

Actually we are 28th with 15 turnovers a game. You think that's not a huge reason for the 102ppg allowed? We are giving up way too many EASY fast break points

KingKong

That is turnover percentage. It looks better for us because we have more possessions than most teams due to pace

Here is TOPG:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/b...team&conference=NBA&year=season_2012&sort=243

The fact is, we are giving up the ball 15 times a game. And most of those turn into transition opportunities!

thats jsut what happens when you play that fast though. top 3 in pace: Rockets, Lakers, Spurs. top 4 in turnovers: Rockets, Warriors, Lakers, Spurs

and the difference between the 3rd in turnovers and 15th is less than 1 turnover per game which means basically nothing when they have 100+ possessions per game

Cloudy

Banned
thats jsut what happens when you play that fast though. top 3 in pace: Rockets, Lakers, Spurs. top 4 in turnovers: Rockets, Warriors, Lakers, Spurs

and the difference between the 3rd in turnovers and 15th is less than 1 turnover per game which means basically nothing when they have 100+ possessions per game

The problem is that a lot of our turnovers lead to transition baskets unlike other teams.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/opponent-fastbreak-points-per-game

Dead last in opponent fast break points at 15.6 a game. Turnovers are KILLING this team..

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...ot-comfortable-bench-20130117,0,1557723.story

"I've been a starter my entire career. I think this is my first games as a Laker, coming from the bench," said Gasol. "It's not something that I would enjoy I think."

Gasol said he understood the circumstances, "coming back from the concussion" against the Heat after almost two weeks off.

Would he be open to coming off the bench moving forward?

"Probably not," answered Gasol.

Additionally the Lakers forward-center expects to be on the floor in the final moments of games.

"I would always like to finish games. I think the most determined players, important players finish games," said Gasol after the defeat. "When the games are on the line, you need to have the best players on the floor."

Trade his ass now for a team player

I don't blame him. I blame the GM for chasing after a washed-up big name. We'd have been better off with Sessions
*Space reserved for future HAVEYOULOSTYOURMIND.gif*
*Space reserved for future WTFAREYOUSMOKING.gif*
*Space reserved for future "For the love of God, STOP POSTING" gif*

All Sessions has been interested in this year for the Bobcats is scoring, I imagine he would be facilitating a lot more though if he was still a Laker. He's a hell of a lot better at dribble penetration and breaking down defenses than Nash is at this stage of his career I'll give him that at least.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Channing Frye said:
I have grown so much playing under @AlvinGentry. I wish him and his family the best. He's a great coach and a better man. #thanksalvin

I guess the Suns have finally decided to stop limping along and Gentry wasn't onboard. He will have a new job as soon as he wants one though so he'll be fine.

reilo

AWoj said:
Suns front office installed Hunter into organization and see him as future head coach there. Turner is a favorite of owner, Robert Sarver.

wtf

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
XnoOm.jpg

Poor Gentry.

reilo

Ken Berger said:
With Alvin Gentry out, rival execs believe more than ever he will land on Mike D'Antoni's bench next season. If D'Antoni is still in LA ...

LOL. Gentry to replace D'Antoni again.

His points now come from learning how to survive on easy buckets and gaps in defenses and not simply abusing the man in front of him... ya know, what made him an MVP candidate. Its a combination of a lot of things that make Wade efficient these days but he's not a great complimentary player by any means and he's nowhere near the impact player he used to be. I'm not sure why that's such a massive, shocking statement.

Unless you just want something to argue about.
that's because wade's role has changed completely. He's no longer the guy that will cross you over 5 times and fly at the rim. He was great at it but look how many times he got injured. 09 was his last year he got to do that stuff and he was amazing. He is declining ,everyone knows that. he's slowly changing his game and in the playoffs, he'll have to produce more and I won't be surprised to see him take over for segments like last year.
*shrug*

edit: man our Defense was amazing last night, can't wait for the playoffs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
that's because wade's role has changed completely. He's no longer the guy that will cross you over 5 times and fly at the rim. He was great at it but look how many times he got injured. 09 was his last year he got to do that stuff and he was amazing. He is declining ,everyone knows that. he's slowly changing his game and in the playoffs, he'll have to produce more and I won't be surprised to see him take over for segments like last year.
*shrug*

Then what are you trying to call me out about?

Pkaz01

Thats pretty fucking stupid to fire him now in the middle of the season. However its not really a surprise because they didnt re up his contract and they needed a scapegoat to blame for their own inept signings of brown and beasley.

No idea about this hunter guy. Obvious that sarver wont hire a new coach til next season buy theyll probably promote thunder dan.

I really like Gentry he got great play out of troubled players and has gotten the short end of the talent stick as a coach. He is respected throughout the league do he will be fine. I dont even care how the team will react until brown and beasley arent on the team and they dont get some more talent nothing will change. Oh and robert sells of course

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm bored.

If you could apply a DBZ analogy to any NBA player, who would you say is the best match?

I say Dwight Howard is Gohan.

i

K7JBF.jpg

Came forward with great potential early on (Vegeta Saga/Frieza Saga::Magic Elevate from cellar to playoffs).

Proceeded to elevate to top flight status and defeated a pretty good Villain (Cell::LBJ Cavs) but proceeded to lose in the end (Goku Died because of his Cockiness::Lost to Lakers- kind of a stretch).

Went through transition and became a bitchmade primadonna thanks to a combination of circumstance and females - (Time Jump and No real Villains until Buu + Videl softening him up:: Magic Dwightmare & Baby Mommas)

Now he's just a useless shell of himself that just reminds you of how awesome he used to be (Mystic Gohan vs. Buu did jack shit, just like Headband Howard is doing jack shit).

Overall he's a fun loving kid who got forced into the trade due to genes, but doesn't really want to be the top dawg.

I'm bored.

If you could apply a DBZ analogy to any NBA player, who would you say is the best match?

Came forward with great potential early on (Vegeta Saga/Frieza Saga::Magic Elevate from cellar to playoffs).

Proceeded to elevate top flight status and defeated a pretty good Villain (Cell::LBJ Cavs) but proceeded to lose in the end (Goku Died because of his Cockiness::Lost to Lakers- kind of a stretch).

Went through transition and became a bitchmade primadonna thanks to a combination of circumstance and females - (Time Jump and No real Villains until Buu + Videl softening him up:: Magic Dwightmare & Baby Mommas)

Now he's just a useless shell of himself that just reminds you of how awesome he used to be (Mystic Gohan vs. Buu did jack shit, just like Headband Howard is doing jack shit).

Overall he's a fun loving kid who got forced into the trade due to genes, but doesn't really want to be the top dawg.
dwight just wants to have fun, he don't wanna fight.

kobe = veeta
MJ=goku

I'm bored.

i

K7JBF.jpg

Proceeded to elevate top flight status and defeated a pretty good Villain (Cell::LBJ Cavs) but proceeded to lose in the end (Goku Died because of his Cockiness::Lost to Lakers- kind of a stretch).

Boy I don't understand a word you just said.

Top Bottom