• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

The dude is going to be moving back to his hometown too, life is looking good for that dude. I still think the Kings should draft a point though, the most underrated player in the draft Trey Burke would be who I'd go with.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The dude is going to be moving back to his hometown too, life is looking good for that dude. I still think the Kings should draft a point though, the most underrated player in the draft Trey Burke would be who I'd go with.

They need to draft a coach...

I still remember the Thunder being up 17 in game 2 or some shit, and Brooks plays Fisher at 1, Westbrook at 2, Sefalosha at 3, and Harden at the 4 while Wade, Lebron, and Bosh were all in the game. That 17 lead went away quick.

It definitely wasn't game 2 because the Thunder fell behind a ton early and had to play catch up all game, the OMG LEBRON FOULED KD game

Wiz fans are so damned desperate and impatient...

Its not like yal were ever even that good in the past either.

You're just blowing shit out of your asshole at this point bruh, such a dumb statement. YALL WEREN'T EVER GOOD, SO GO AHEAD AND BE PATIENT NOW, as if being fucking awful forever is a reason for patience.

Be patient for what? If I can trade expirings and a pick for Dwight Howard its a no brainer.

Yeah the Wizards just need to be patient, no need to break the bank when you're not even going to make the playoffs. You probably would have had Wall been healthy, but the bright side of that is you get to add one more lottery pick to the roster. The last thing you need to do is tie up cap space on players who don't want to be in DC.

Break the bank? We're talking about two expirings , a lottery pick that probably ends up being 6-10 and Jordan Crawford.

And I don't know that Dwight wouldn't want to be in DC. We're not exactly an awful sports town, we've got some of the best selling jerseys and some of the best stars in professional sports between Hockey, Football and Baseball. The Wiz will explode when we put a good product on the court.

Brooklyn is LA 2.0 waiting to happen and Dallas is washed up.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah the Heat went HAM

I still think losing Harden was a mistake though :\, I hope I'm wrong if it comes down to a finals matchup.
We're playing so free right now. I actually think it makes our offense run smoother just to have a quality pure scorer who knows his role. Martin is a better shooter than Harden ever was, and he's nearly as effective at getting to the line.

Harden is excellent, but let's be honest: he was a #1 player playing a sixth man role. He was a great player, but he only promoted the ISO-ball that was our downfall against teams with the athleticism to guard our best players.

And let's also not forget that he was a major reason OKC lost the Finals.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Are you a Cousins fan yet?

Eagerly looking forward to you hyping a home team again.

"Best big since Kemp"

Always been a Cousin's supporter..

Don't wish losing a team on anyone but can't say I am not excited

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Break the bank? We're talking about two expirings , a lottery pick that probably ends up being 6-10 and Jordan Crawford.

Shit that pick might be the 4th thru 8th

Might be too much for a half year rental

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dude lol

You're talking about throwing every asset you have at a half year rental.

Look at what you're saying.

We're playing so free right now. I actually think it makes our offense run smoother just to have a quality pure scorer who knows his role. Martin is a better shooter than Harden ever was, and he's nearly as effective at getting to the line.

Harden is excellent, but let's be honest: he was a #1 player playing a sixth man role. He was a great player, but he only promoted the ISO-ball that was our downfall against teams with the athleticism to guard our best players.

And let's also not forget that he was a major reason OKC lost the Finals.

Harden dominated before he ran into the Heat though Gondo. I like OKC's chances better with still having him and him having learned from that experience with all of his talent than for Kevin Martin to face it for the first time. If they could shot down James shutting down Kevin should be cake.

Dude lol

You're talking about throwing every asset you have at a half year rental.

Look at what you're saying.

We don't do it without a guarantee of an extension, just like almost anyone else the Lakers would trade with.

KingGondo

Banned
Harden dominated before he ran into the Heat though Gondo. I like OKC's chances better with still having him and him having learned from that experience with all of his talent than for Kevin Martin to face it for the first time. If they could shot down James shutting down Kevin should be cake.
Martin's a completely different kind of player. He rarely has the ball in his hands, and he doesn't hesitate to shoot. He spreads the floor more effectively for YNB and KD to get to the rim, and he's the perfect outlet when one of those guys gets in a tough spot.

Let's not forget how much Ibaka has improved as well. He's a legit #3 now, while Martin can come off the bench and play the #4 option. Kevin Martin is a damn good #4 scoring option on any team.

Also, I wouldn't say Harden dominated before we played Miami. He hit some big shots (and his fourth quarter domination of Dallas in game 4 was awe-inspiring), but he wasn't playing nearly as consistently as he did during the regular season in the playoffs.

Well yea, playoff basketball will do that to you, I was speaking mainly about the regular season.

Hopefully you guys are right. I want to see Miami get dat work.

KingGondo

Banned
Well yea, playoff basketball will do that to you, I was speaking mainly about the regular season.

Hopefully you guys are right. I want to see Miami get dat work.
Right now we look better than we did last season, even without Harden.

The playoffs are never a sure thing, but at this point I feel confident that we're the favorites to chip. All you can ask for, really.

Right now we look better than we did last season, even without Harden.

The playoffs are never a sure thing, but at this point I feel confident that we're the favorites to chip. All you can ask for, really.
Its lebron's to lose this year.and I hate that cocksucker.
And don't mind me, im prepping for a Lebron sweepstakes in 2014. Bring us #17 brah

KingGondo

Banned
Why do you do this.
Express my honest opinion? I dunno.

The only reason I'm not super-confident against Miami is because Brooks is still our coach, and I'm not sure he's figured out that Perkins shouldn't play against Miami.

DY_nasty said:
You really don't though.
Our offense is more efficient, we have a higher win percentage... Hell, we're more fun to watch even. Much less iso-heavy than last year.

PBY

Banned
Express my honest opinion? I dunno.

The only reason I'm not super-confident against Miami is because Brooks is still our coach, and I'm not sure he's figured out that Perkins shouldn't play against Miami.

Whats your record against Miami in the last 2 years?

KingGondo

Banned
Whats your record against Miami in the last 2 years?
Including this year? 1-2 in the regular season, 1-4 in the playoffs. So 2-6? This is all from memory.

I don't really get why you're up in arms about this anyways. The fact that I think OKC should be favored to win the title this year is a matter of opinion.

exactly what edge does OKC have over Miami in a Finals rematch? I dont see any strength of theirs that gives them 4 wins over Miami.
If Im rooting for Miami to get dat work in the Finals (and I am) I want the Spurs in there, cause aint nobody on that team stopping Timmy D and even Tiago Splitter would cause them problems.

PBY

Banned
exactly what edge does OKC have over Miami in a Finals rematch? I dont see any strength of theirs that gives them 4 wins over Miami.
If Im rooting for Miami to get dat work in the Finals (and I am) I want the Spurs in there, cause aint nobody on that team stopping Timmy D and even Tiago Splitter would cause them problems.

Spurs would be a horrrible matchup for us.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC is in a tough spot... they need a better coach in order to chip.
This really isn't true at all. We very easily could have chipped last year.

I can't believe Gondo just pulled out the "just my opinion, man" card.
All I said is that I think OKC should be favored to win the title this year, and their play so far would back up that opinion.

There are some X factors that could influence that (our matchup problems against Miami, LeBron, the laughably easy road to the Finals for Miami), but as of today we look like the best team in the league. Nobody can seriously dispute that.

fertygo said:
OKC should try to get Udrih from Bucks, would be big boost for them.
Not sure if serious...

theignoramus said:
Everybody's forgetting how fluky the Finals were. In game 2, we easily could have won but Miami made nearly all their FTs (while OKC shot well below their season average), Battier went HAM from deep, and LeBron wasn't called for a foul on KD at the end of the game. Harden missed a breakaway layup at the end of game 4 (in which Mario Chalmers had the game of his life)...

Harden played like ass, Miami's supporting cast played well above their abilities, and we were still in every game except game 5. It wasn't some epic mismatch.

Sorry not nba-related, just had me dying.
Anyway, big win tonight. Seriously, it felt like Chicago was a breaking point. Shit getting aired out in the media, Kobe going all emo and playing the piano etc, just feels like everything came to a head Monday night. Gut feeling but this is a win. Not trolling, either. You've seen this type of situation happen countless times in sports... when shit gets to a breaking point and the team rallies and picks up a big W.

now that Memphis pretty much gutted itself and probably wont make it past the first round, Im on dat Spurs Finals bandwagon. No James Harden on the Thunder is huge deal, because SA always brings out the worst in Westbrook and theres not much of primary ball handler to come off the bench and calm the shitstorm.

fertygo

Spurs won't pass OKC, shame.. TD win DPoY and finals MPV this year would be awesome.
Not sure if serious...

???

Udrih is still very good PG, good shooter n playmaker, full of experience too, he always bring positive impact on the court if playing instead Bucks ballhog duo.

he far better option than Reggie Jackson.

thekad

Banned
But OKC hasn't separated themselves from the Spurs or the Clippers this season. And of course Miami will be there in the end.

I don't see anybody beating the Spurs except Stern & the refs. Clippers would lose, OKC would lose, the only team that could pull off a shocker imo is Golden State. They feel like a wildcard, we don't know what to expect. They could go on a crazy tear at any moment.

PBY

Banned
Sorry not nba-related, just had me dying.
Anyway, big win tonight. Seriously, it felt like Chicago was a breaking point. Shit getting aired out in the media, Kobe going all emo and playing the piano etc, just feels like everything came to a head Monday night. Gut feeling but this is a win. Not trolling, either. You've seen this type of situation happen countless times in sports... when shit gets to a breaking point and the team rallies and picks up a big W.

lol

KingGondo

Banned
Udrih is still very good PG, good shooter n playmaker, full of experience too, he always bring positive impact on the court if playing instead Bucks ballhog duo.

Far better option than Reggie Jackson.
Jackson has been playing better and better--well enough to make me forget about Eric Maynor.

Top Bottom