• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Cloudy

Banned
Durant's already a better player than Kobe has ever been

Kobe never got the ref's respect like he does, that's for sure. None of these cats are as good as Kobe was. They are freak athletes but nowhere as skilled as Bean

My mind breaks trying to imagine him with Shaq instead of YNB

He would have less impressive stats just like Kobe did at first

Omega

Banned
Probably true.

My mind breaks trying to imagine him with Shaq instead of YNB

Durant would probably be a nobody.

Shaq thinks he's gods gift to Earth and KD defers to YNb way too much already. If he deferred to a prime Shaq he would never even see the ball.

At least Russell has these flashes where he remembers KD is the better player.

Cloudy

Banned
I will never understand how some people hate on Durant. If you hate on Durant you might as well not watch basketball.

I don't see anyone hating on him here. He's a good player and a great shooter. I actually think he's better than LeBron and I've been saying it for years but was laughed at on this board...

I don't see anyone hating on him here. He's a good player and a great shooter. I actually think he's better than LeBron and I've been saying it for years but was laughed at on this board...

I wasn't commenting on anyone specifically here right now. Just a general statement.

Canuck76

Banned
I will never understand how some people hate on Durant. If you hate on Durant you might as well not watch basketball.

Oh i don't think anybody hates him. Dude is a beast that's unquestionable.

I just wish the refs wouldn't gift this team so many ft's. I'd love to watch Durant or WB take a game winning shot but more often than not they're on the ft throw line icing the game.

Cloudy

Banned

I just wish the refs wouldn't gift this team so many ft's. I'd love to watch Durant or WB take a game winning shot but more often than not they're on the ft throw line icing the game.

Yep. I loved watching Durant tonight. Looked like Prime T-Mac out there. What I don't like is refs giving great players even more of an advantage. OKC games are usually unwatchable for me but they won fair and square tonight

Almost all of Durant's FTs are earned, though. It comes with the territory of both being the best scorer in the NBA and a freakish athlete at nearly 7 feet with the wingspan of a god damned airplane.

I get the team aspect especially when it was Harden + WB just bullying into the paint, though.

There are Durant haters out there, though. I love watching him play so much, though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Shaq thinks he's gods gift to Earth and KD defers to YNb way too much already. If he deferred to a prime Shaq he would never even see the ball.

Eh?

Durant and Shaq inside-out is something unfathomable. KD doesn't 'defer' to YNB, YNB defers to himself. Its not about seeing the ball either, its about splitting the attention of the defense. A true post threat, let alone one of the greatest ever, paired with Durant would be some shit people would put into a time capsule and launch into space for the entire universe to see.
Its funny how People easily forget how dominant bean was in his prime....smh

Please, you thought his prime was 2010

Cloudy

Banned
League will shit brick with Nash-Durant combo.

Nash's current offense (very little penetration) isn't worth his abysmal defense. Kirk Hinrick had like 22 and 7 on 90% shooting last night with several playground highlights. That is his best game in like 4 years. Fuck Nash's overrated ass

Cloudy

Banned
Its funny how People easily forget how dominant bean was in his prime....smh

Seriously. When has KD ever outscored a team in 3 quarters? Or scored 50s and 60s several games in a row? It's one thing to hate on Kobe but this rush to diminish his accomplishments is depressing..

fertygo

Almost all of Durant's FTs are earned, though. It comes with the territory of both being the best scorer in the NBA and a freakish athlete at nearly 7 feet with the wingspan of a god damned airplane.

I get the team aspect especially when it was Harden + WB just bullying into the paint, though.

There are Durant haters out there, though. I love watching him play so much, though.
The thing is, its so damn hard to not foul when he drive with his freak arm, you raise your hand you got his hand, wtf the ref should do..

Nash's current offense (very little penetration) isn't worth his abysmal defense. Kirk Hinrick had like 22 and 7 on 90% shooting last night with several playground highlights. That is is best game in like 4 years. Fuck Nash's overrated ass
Nash still damn good shooter, both him n durant gonna providing too much space for each other, n nash not gonna hog Durant shot.
talk about a black hole of a back court.
Taller Bucks backcourt there.

Cloudy

Banned
talk about a black hole of a back court.

Yeah but Kobe wouldn't have to guard PGs and YNB could even get fast SGs to save Kobe's legs. Lakers built a top-heavy fantasy team, not a basketball team and they are paying the price..

Nash still damn good shooter, both him n durant gonna providing too much space for each other, n nash not gonna hog Durant shot.

Nash is a good shooter but he is VERY reluctant to shoot. The guy is just stealing money and padding his assist stats this season. I am appalled

bud23

Durant's already a better player than Kobe has ever been

Memory is fragile from what I see. Kobe is the fifth player in NBA history to reach 30,000th points, he has five rings, in one of those days, this guy scored 81 fucking points.... I could write things like these all the night long.

First, wait until KD is champ or win a MVP. Despite as much I love KD, any comparison with Kobe it´s just ridiculous.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kobe never got the ref's respect like he does, that's for sure. None of these cats are as good as Kobe was. They are freak athletes but nowhere as skilled as Bean
ROFL
Poor Kobe gets picked on by the refs ROFL

And ROFL * 2

Shaq was a great passing big

He was getting touches and diming scorers

He played real well with Penny but hated Kobe and didn't really like Wade

Memory is fragile from what I see. Kobe is the fifth player in NBA history to reach 30,000th points, he has five rings, in one of those days, this guy scored 81 fucking points.... I could write things like these all the night long.

First, wait until KD is champ or win a MVP. Despite as much I love KD, any comparison with Kobe it´s just ridiculous.

Kobe is a dumb chucker who's had by far the luckiest career of any star in NBA history. Durant's a better player because he understands words like efficiency.

Blackace

Seriously. When has KD ever outscored a team in 3 quarters? Or scored 50s and 60s several games in a row? It's one thing to hate on Kobe but this rush to diminish his accomplishments is depressing..

And most of those things happened during worthless seasons

He was basically Bernard King

Now MJ did those things while winning rings

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ROFL
Poor Kobe gets picked on by the refs ROFL

Free Throw Attempts
Active 9161 (1)
Career NBA 9161 (7)

Free Throws Made
Active 7674 (1)
Career NBA 7674 (4)

He's gonna pass Oscar Robertson at #6 all time in attempts in like 3 games to become the all-time leader in free throw attempts for a guard. The Top 5 are all bigs and he's surely going to pass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (< 150FTA).

Cloudy

Banned

Don't get me started on this. Look at the kind of crap I read on twitter last night from a so-called expert

Nate Jones &#8207;@JonesOnTheNBA
Kobe got the Finals MVPs and most of the credit, but the 2008-2011 Lakers were about Odom and Gasol w/Phil's system.

Unbelievable

Blackace

Free Throw Attempts
Active 9161 (1)
Career NBA 9161 (7)

Free Throws Made
Active 7674 (1)
Career NBA 7674 (4)

He's gonna pass Oscar Robertson at #6 all time in attempts in like 3 games to become the all-time leader in free throw attempts for a guard. The Top 5 are all bigs and he's surely going to pass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (< 150FTA).

I thought everyone knew he has been to line more than any active player today and more than almost any player in history

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kobe is literally going to end his career as a Top 5 player all time in the NBA for Free Throw Attempts.

I thought everyone knew he has been to line more than any active player today and more than almost any player in history

You know what they say about ignorance...

Cloudy

Banned

Why not post per game numbers and compare? That's way more indicative cos few players have played 17 years and most of them are bigs

thekad

Banned
Why not post per game numbers and compare? That's way more indicative cos few players have played 17 years and most of them are bigs
Kobe in his prime went to the line more often than KD. FTA/FGA is similar, too.

He took a huge fall when he turned 30. I wonder why.

Kobe had three years in a row where he shot over 10 free throws a game. KD did it once 3 years ago.

Blackace

He averaged 10 ft a game for 3 years in a row followed by 9 the year after that run

No respecte

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe in his prime went to the line more often than KD. FTA/FGA is similar, too.

He took a huge fall when he turned 30. I wonder why.

Again no. The way to do it is career FTs per game (using Kobe's first 6 years of starting only to keep the average comparable). Kobe shot much in his prime than KD does now cos he played with complete bums.

I think Kobe gets less respect from the refs the last 3-4 years in the paint than guys like Westbrook and less than he had most of his career prior.

I'd also point out that Kobe's FT per game numbers in the first half of his career are a bit lower than they would be in comparison to the guys today because they played at a slower pace back then. Despite that, Kobe is 8.1 FTA per game since he became a starter. Don't think you can complain with that number and slower pace for half his career.

thekad

Banned
Again no. The way to do it is career FTs per game. Kobe shot much in his prime than KD does now cos he played with complete bums.
FTA/FGA is similar, ~.5.

I think Kobe gets less respect from the refs the last 3-4 years in the paint than guys like Westbrook and less than he had most of his career prior..

Kobe is less athletic than Westbrook, KD, Lebron, Harden, etc.

Really, his free throw rate indicates that he gets too much leeway from the refs.

Top Bottom