• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Onemic

Considering Harden didn't do jack shit in the playoffs, I think OKC is pretty much on the same level as they were last year, don't mean they're gonna win a ship though. It's still Miami's to lose.

Sorry not nba-related, just had me dying.
Anyway, big win tonight. Seriously, it felt like Chicago was a breaking point. Shit getting aired out in the media, Kobe going all emo and playing the piano etc, just feels like everything came to a head Monday night. Gut feeling but this is a win. Not trolling, either. You've seen this type of situation happen countless times in sports... when shit gets to a breaking point and the team rallies and picks up a big W.

this is the game where they lose by 30 and Mitch starts taking calls

rando14

This really isn't true at all. We very easily could have chipped last year.

Everybody's forgetting how fluky the Finals were. In game 2, we easily could have won but Miami made nearly all their FTs (while OKC shot well below their season average), Battier went HAM from deep, and LeBron wasn't called for a foul on KD at the end of the game. Harden missed a breakaway layup at the end of game 4 (in which Mario Chalmers had the game of his life)...

Harden played like ass, Miami's supporting cast played well above their abilities, and we were still in every game except game 5. It wasn't some epic mismatch.

At the end of the day, all of this is "could have" and "should have". Fact of the matter is, OKC got trounced 4-1. I don't think OKC's gotten that much better either, as I think Harden is a much more valuable player than Kmart.

Still think OKC will make it to the Finals though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Considering Harden didn't do jack shit in the playoffs, I think OKC is pretty much on the same level as they were last year, don't mean they're gonna win a ship though. It's still Miami's to lose.
They don't beat SA without him and they couldn't do shit in the finals when he slowed down.

I don't even think they get out of the West this year.

KingGondo

Banned
At the end of the day, all of this is "could have" and "should have". Fact of the matter is, OKC got trounced 4-1. I don't think OKC's gotten that much better either, as I think Harden is a much more valuable player than Kmart.

Still think OKC will make it to the Finals though.
I still don't subscribe to the idea that when a series that ends 4-1 the losing team got their ass kicked. The Lakers WC semis last year were much, much closer than the 4-1 final margin, and so were the Finals.

Every game of the Finals except game 5 was extremely close, and fluky things happened in games 2-4 that could have easily tipped the series in favor of OKC.

I'm not saying we'll beat them in a rematch--but people are treating me like Heavy for saying we're the favorites this year.

DY_nasty

4-1 is just an asskicking where you thought you had a chance.

You got your asskicked. There's no moral victory to be had.

Onemic

They don't beat SA without him and they couldn't do shit in the finals when he slowed down.

Im not even gonna call shit in the West because the level that teams are playing at this year is even more competitive than last year. Anyone not named Denver, Utah, or Houston can slip into the finals this year. If OKC does make it to finals though, they're getting their asses wrecked again by Miami.

KingGondo

Banned
4-1 is just an asskicking where you thought you had a chance.

You got your askicked. There's no moral victory to be had.
It's way too simplistic and you know it.

I'm not arguing for moral victories. The Finals were far closer than the 4-1 margin indicated, period.

Heavy said:
Margin of victory tells the tale of the tape. If every game in a 4-1 series was close it's not an ass-kicking. A fluke play here or there and it's a different series.
I hate myself for saying this, but... but...

I agree with Heavy

*runs*

im actually with gondo here. when mavs fans tell me it was a 4-2 whoopin and say "lol you picked the heat only cause you're a homer"i want to do all kinds of darko to them

OKC got spreaded and deaded.

They couldn't force a turnover, a missed shot or make shots down the stretch. So they lost, Miami kept it together, got stops and scored more frequently. It was not close, OKC got son'd.

PBY

Banned
im actually with gondo here. when mavs fans tell me it was a 4-2 whoopin and say "lol you picked the heat only cause you're a homer"i want to do all kinds of darko to them

All I know is if we have to play the Thunder in a 7 game series, I'm confident...but I'm also terrified.

I actually think Miami in cruise control can get caught slipping for a game or two. Their chip hangover might be their undoing earlier than anyone is anticipating.

OKC got spreaded and deaded.

They couldn't force a turnover, a missed shot or make shots down the stretch. So they lost, Miami kept it together, got stops and scored more frequently. It was not close, OKC got son'd.

not guarding god Battier and game 5 god Miller was another thing that killed them in the finals.

Nori Chan

I expect the Grizzlies to get back on track today and Gay will look like an all star going 10-15 for 25 points and go for 7 rebounds.

After the game more emo kobe comes out on twitter and everyone here will say lolakers

But for the #NeoLakers it was just another Wednesday.

Its funny how People easily forget how dominant bean was in his prime....smh

These young bias kids.

So sad.

As smart and studious of the game as you guys can be, Its part of the reason I post, leave for two weeks, then pop back in.
I can't participate in such a bizarre thread on a regular basis.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You guys realize that this new draft class grew up watching Lebron and Durant in their teens, and not Kobe, correct?

DY_nasty

not guarding god Battier and game 5 god Miller was another thing that killed them in the finals.
Battier and Miller going back to their averages after uncharacteristic shooting droughts just like Harden coming back to Earth after his godlike series against San Antonio.

Durant couldn't do shit with LBJ and YNB is still the same point guard you can't trust. All you have to do is slow down those two which isn't that hard for good defensive teams and let the natural rift between them grow. Guarding okc is entirely different with Harden gone. They get by overpowering teams but without that versatility that Harden brought they're much easier to handle while all their old problems still remain.

KingGondo

Banned
If the Raptors could hold a lead in the 4th they'd easily be in a playoff spot right now.
Same with the Browns!

DY_nasty said:
Battier and Miller going back to their averages after uncharacteristic shooting droughts just like Harden coming back to Earth after his godlike series against San Antonio.

Durant couldn't do shit with LBJ and YNB is still the same point guard you can't trust. All you have to do is slow down those two which isn't that hard for good defensive teams and let the natural rift between them grow. Guarding okc is entirely different with Harden gone. They get by overpowering teams but without that versatility that Harden brought they're much easier to handle while all their old problems still remain.
You haven't been watching us much this season. The offense is much less reliant on KD and YNB isos than it was last year, and Harden reinforced that mentality, IMO. When we have YNB, Martin, Thabo, KD and Ibaka/Collison on the floor at once, the offense is downright beautiful.

Part of the problem with Harden was that his and Westbrook's roles overlapped quite a bit, so the offense would get muddled at times. With Martin (and Ibaka's offensive improvement), the ball moves much better.

DY_nasty

These young bias kids.

So sad.

As smart and studious of the game as you guys can be, Its part of the reason I post, leave for two weeks, then pop back in.
I can't participate in such a bizarre thread on a regular basis.
Some people actually remember Kobe in his first few years.

Durant on par if not better than Kobe in his best year already and he hasn't even been slapped by Samaki Walker or choked in Utah yet.

Oh god. Cavs scoring some points there.

manti-teo-kiss-cam.jpg

Emwitus

Didn't okc just recently get punked by Miami? Or how many moral victories can you have? I still don't think your team is ready to chip yet....

Durant on par if not better than Kobe in his best year already and he hasn't even been slapped by Samaki Walker or choked in Utah yet.

Ill give you that. Its the Kobe is garbage, has always been garbage then listing some journeyman scrub as better than him kind of talk that gets me upset.

Get outta here with that. Prime Kobe is untouchable by anybody active in the league right now save for maybe lebron but i'd still take kobe.

4-1 is 4-1 man. Especially when it's 4 straight. OKC kinda looked like a fish outta water to be honest. KD with dumb fouls, harden choking, westbrook whynotin. Even the game they won, they let us jump to a pretty big lead.

So with the tensions building and it being known that Dwight and many others in the locker room don't like D'antoni's system where does the Lakers management go? Players aren't diggin it and he's not bending his system to meet the talents of the players he has.

Dwights been acting like a little bitch, but I think if I had to chose between him and D'antoni, I still chose the bitch in Dwight. If that's the case, does D'antoni last the rest of the year? When do the Lakers admit another gaint blunder with regards to their hiring of coaches?

I don't understand why letting the team ride out the rest of the year under Bernie is such a bd idea. He's the only coach this year to run the team and still have a winning record.

PBY

Banned
So with the tensions building and it being known that Dwight and many others in the locker room don't like D'antoni's system where does the Lakers management go. Players aren't diggin it and he's not bending his system to meet the talents of the players he has.

Dwights been acting like a little bitch, but I think if I had to chose between him and D'antoni, I still chose the bitch in Dwight. If that's the case, does D'antoni last the rest of the year? When do the Lakers admit another gaint blunder with regards to their hiring of coaches?

I don't understand why letting the team ride out the rest of the year under Bernie is such a bd idea. He's the only coach this year to run the team and still have a winning record.

lol Dantoni isn't going anywhere

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The gaming side has convinced me that anything Nintendo does is treated like some god send. I think Nintendo games are great, but people there are acting hyped and shocked that a new Smash Bros, Mario, and Mario Kart will be revealed at E3.

Is this really surprising?

Canuck76

Banned

Oh please. Who's going to stop them? Grizzlies seem to have the only chance. Clippers will be dominated by them in the playoffs if they ever meet.

They will reach the finals it's almost a fact.

Again, I'm at work. You posted an image of a woman showing her ass to a mirror with a caption about abortion.

Grow up.

She was wearin jeans. I'm just saying stuff like that is posted all over the forum, esp the funny pics thread and is not tagged. Sorry doe, you got a point.

Top Bottom