• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

thekad

Banned
We can only use Kobe's first 6 years of starting. That comes out to 7.4.
Why don't you just use his prime years as a #1 option? That can actually be compared to Lebron, Durant, etc.

You can adjust for field goal attempts by just by dividing... Or better, adjust for attempts at the rim like reilo said.

Cloudy

Banned
The fact is Kobe became a black sheep of the NBA after Colorado and he has played w/o star calls ever since. He overcame that to be a top 5 player. #Countonkobe

Darkman M

Memory is fragile from what I see. Kobe is the fifth player in NBA history to reach 30,000th points, he has five rings, in one of those days, this guy scored 81 fucking points.... I could write things like these all the night long.

First, wait until KD is champ or win a MVP. Despite as much I love KD, any comparison with Kobe it´s just ridiculous.

Who cares? Drexler and Tmac were both better too.

Was the last page of this thread really dedicated to whining about Kobe not getting respect from refs?

For fucks sake Konex this isn't Lakers underground, keep the Kobe stanning to there

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cloudy's goal in life is to become a white woman.

stunning evidence found in Konex's room

konexroom.jpg

bud23

about as many times as Tmac lost to Kobe 1 on 1

so like 3

Here's what Kobe said:
"I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn't even close. Ask him, he'll tell you.

T- Mac;
LOL Hell no! That's far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either..

So, Who´s lying here?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21570897/tracy-mcgrady-denies-playing-kobe-bryant-one-on-one

Omega

Banned
Eh?

Durant and Shaq inside-out is something unfathomable. KD doesn't 'defer' to YNB, YNB defers to himself. Its not about seeing the ball either, its about splitting the attention of the defense. A true post threat, let alone one of the greatest ever, paired with Durant would be some shit people would put into a time capsule and launch into space for the entire universe to see.

Please, you thought his prime was 2010

maybe defer isn't the right word. I haven't watched the Thunder really at all this year, so maybe things are different now. Previous seasons KD seemed ok with Westbrook going into YNB mode and just stand at the perimeter.

ROFL
Poor Kobe gets picked on by the refs ROFL

And ROFL * 2

Shaq was a great passing big

He was getting touches and diming scorers

He played real well with Penny but hated Kobe and didn't really like Wade

Never said he wasn't a great passer. I just think if given the option to score or pass, he will choose to score.

Now I don't remember much about his playing days other than how he used to Metta World Peace everyone and get away with it, but in his broadcasting career he comes off as a stat whore. He never shuts the fuck up about any of it.

Blackace

maybe defer isn't the right word. I haven't watched the Thunder really at all this year, so maybe things are different now. Previous seasons KD seemed ok with Westbrook going into YNB mode and just stand at the perimeter.

Never said he wasn't a great passer. I just think if given the option to score or pass, he will choose to score.

Now I don't remember much about his playing days other than how he used to Metta World Peace everyone and get away with it, but in his broadcasting career he comes off as a stat whore. He never shuts the fuck up about any of it.

You don't remember his playing days and based how well he would play with somebody from his broadcasting career? Ok..

Kobe gets so much hate now-a-days. Dude is as much of a chucker as he's always been but he's like the only one trying on that team. Let the old man live.

What? I bet you've never watched him play during his prime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKICLZfKMG0

MWP wishes he was half as good as Shaq.

Dikembe was abused like he's Pau Gasol.

Man, watching this pisses me off because you can see how quick Shaq was on the block. He'd catch and go to work right away. Fucking Dwight has to mentally go through what he's going to do.

"Okay, now I will back down, then I will move to the lane and do a jump hook."

Pkaz01

Shaq is just beautiful down low.

You can tell everytime he got the ball all he thought about was destroying everything near him. Just a mentality u dont see much in this era

its a testament to that phili team and AI to still be in that game with such a dominating force going up against them

The fact is Kobe became a black sheep of the NBA after Colorado and he has played w/o star calls ever since. He overcame that to be a top 5 player. #Countonkobe

Kobe has 1M twitter followers in 19 days. Not bad. I'm out like the Lakers in Memphis tonight lol

I can't tell if you are even a little bit self aware. And I don't know why you would be so keen on playing that role. Just blow Kobe already, and pretend you don't like it, cos that's the way he wants it

Blackace

I can't tell if you are even a little bit self aware. And I don't know why you would be so keen on playing that role. Just blow Kobe already, and pretend you don't like it, cos that's the way he wants it

It's ok because he averaged more FTs after Colorado but he earned all those calls

linsivvi

You can see why he doesn't like being compared to Dwight..

It's hard to think who D12 is like.. Maybe a heartless Russel

What sucks even more is that nobody comes close to the great centers of the 90s. They've been missing from the league for a while now.

Dwight would just be a random top 10 center during those days.

Idiots thinking they can beat Scalabrine one on one.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/22/toucher-richs-scallenge-no-challenge-for-brian-scalabrine/

There's footage.

Blackace

What sucks even more is that nobody comes close to the great centers of the 90s. They've been missing from the league for a while now.

Dwight would just be a random top 10 center during those days.

Of the 90s?

1) Dream
2) Shaq
3) DRob
4) Patrick
5) Zo
6) mountain
7) Smits
8) Brad D.
9) Vlade
10) Campbell

Yeah he would sneak in at 8 9 or 10

Dwight trade rumors starting.

lawddddd

Would be amazing if the Lakers actually did the smart thing and traded Nash for a pick and Dwight for young assets and a lottery pick this year
wizards
, ending up in 2014 with no salary on the books and good picks.

but nah

ride or die with this shit

Blackace

Dwight trade rumors starting.

lawddddd

Would be amazing if the Lakers actually did the smart thing and traded Nash for a pick and Dwight for young assets and a lottery pick this year
wizards
, ending up in 2014 with no salary on the books and good picks.

but nah

ride or die with this shit

They aren't in a position of power because D12 still is a free agent after this year and Steve Nash has really aged poorly outside of Phx

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My wiz would give them the bank for even a rental. Because we know he's chasing that money at the end of the day at this point.

Wiz fans are so damned desperate and impatient...

Its not like yal were ever even that good in the past either.

Yeah the Wizards just need to be patient, no need to break the bank when you're not even going to make the playoffs. You probably would have had Wall been healthy, but the bright side of that is you get to add one more lottery pick to the roster. The last thing you need to do is tie up cap space on players who don't want to be in DC.

Top Bottom