• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

SamuraiX-

Beal's shooting numbers make no sense. His mechanics look really solid so I'm not sure if it's just because he's being forced to take bad shots or what.

I still believe he'll figure it out and breakout sooner rather than later.

It's impossible for him to legitimately be this bad, so that at least gives hope that this current trend of his is a complete fluke, but shit..

He shouldn't have got it, but still Beal was rookie of the month for December. So he is at least getting better. He's the third youngest player in the league behind MKG and Drummond too.

shira

Read thread more often.

Royce White is a douche nozzle

And his advisors should all be shot at dawn.

He really couldn't have handled it worse.

huh? He's afraid of shit because he's got mental issues.
Everyone knew about it pre-draft.
Houston rolled the dice and hoped he would turn out usable. He's not.

Calculated risk.

huh? He's afraid of shit because he's got mental issues.
Everyone knew about it pre-draft.
Houston rolled the dice and hoped he would turn out usable. He's not.

Calculated risk.
have you kept up with the story? At first it seemed like that.Now it seems that he wants a starter position and his own doctors and says he won't go on the court for medical reasons he won't reveal and all he's doing at this point is sitting on his ass tweeting about "human rights". He won't go to practice and the rocket's asked if he's not going to practice, go to therapy(that they'll pay for). They provided a van for him to be driven to games in but he's refused. They've asked him to play for their D-league and he's refused. oh yea, did I mention how he somehow compared the sandy hook shooting to his situation?

Omega

Banned
have you kept up with the story? At first it seemed like that.Now it seems that he wants a starter position and his own doctors and says he won't go on the court for medical reasons he won't reveal and all he's doing at this point is sitting on his ass tweeting about "human rights". He won't go to practice and the rocket's asked if he's not going to practice, go to therapy(that they'll pay for). They provided a van for him to be driven to games in but he's refused. They've asked him to play for their D-league and he's refused. oh yea, did I mention how he somehow compared the sandy hook shooting to his situation?

what?

you have to be joking..

"I'm playing good basketball," said James, who is averaging 26.5 points while shooting a career-best 54.4 percent from the floor. "I'm at my highest peak. I don't know if I can continue to improve. I want to. I'm going to study the game. I'm going to continue not to take anything for granted and keep working on my game each and every day."

Yea, this is what a peak LeBron looks like, and it's pretty terrifying.

Emwitus

I see at the very least 4 wins thrown away at the FT line and it doesn't even show the Orlando game. The Magic hacked Dwight throughout the 4th and destroyed the Lakers offensive rhythm

Are you really blaming dwight for Laker close loses? Really? Him and metta are the only guys that play defense....and kobe is the guy that shoots them out of games and let's his guy shoot open 3s

LBJ better keep working, because if his peak is predicated by his superior athleticism, he's gonna T-Mac himself out of the league. LBJ should be like Jordan and make his jumpshot his primary offensive weapon. He'd be indefensible through his 40s with that.

Emwitus

Gave the Heat 1 game they barely won.

Beat OKC

Beat the Pacers twice

Beat Memphis

We're fine.

On an even playing field with both teams having 2 days off between games, I like the Spurs chances.

I see why spurs' fans are always dissapointed in the post season.

LBJ better keep working, because if his peak is predicated by his superior athleticism, he's gonna T-Mac himself out of the league. LBJ should be like Jordan and make his jumpshot his primary offensive weapon. He'd be indefensible through his 40s with that.

Has it even been that much about athleticism for him the last couple of years? He's just been a very high IQ player in general and I see him being very productive until retirement.

Cloudy

Banned
Are you really blaming dwight for Laker close loses? Really? Him and metta are the only guys that play defense....and kobe is the guy that shoots them out of games and let's his guy shoot open 3s

When we lose games by 2 and 4 where he missed over 10 fts, the numbers speak for themselves. We would have 4-6 more wins if Dwight could make the easiest shot in the game with more consistency. It's not even debatable...

Unlike the Shaq days, this Lakers team is not good enough to survive 3-14 and 13-22 nights at the line from a guy who gets fouled so much...

Gay's 48.7% TS% and 100 ORtg has to be burning Hollinger inside so I guess that's not surprising.

Not sure what team is going to be that interested though. Three years, $54 million left on his deal. Probably maxed out as a player. Not a very good complementary player due to his lack of shooting, doesn't have the skill to be a #1 option on a good team unless that team is amazing on defense.

SamuraiX-

Royce White doesn't have any fucking disorder.

He's just a giant bitch.

he's not gonna stop. Soon his jumper and midrange game is gonna be kobe/MJ level.

this is just the beginning.

Oh and he's gonna start tonight, looks like the knee isn't bothering him too much.

huh

his mid range game has been prime MJ/Kobe level for about 2 or so years now

He's not going to get any better than he is now, which isn't a bad thing, but I think his longevity should be pretty good

huh

He's not going to get any better than he is now, which isn't a bad thing, but I think his longevity should be pretty good

You mean his mid-range jumpshooting? Really? Prime MJ tier?
Is there somewhere we can make a comparison or find some stats or something? I find that hard to believe.

Pimpwerx

Lebron has one of the most-complete skillsets of any player in the history of the game. It's a myth that he relies on athleticism. His peak? Yes, that will always peak with the peak of athleticism, but he has more than enough game that he will continue to be dominant late into his career. He's got a post game, has become one of the best shooters in the game, and can pass the rock like a pg. Even once his athleticism starts to fade, he'll create space with his court vision alone. Oh yeah, he's also not gonna get smaller, so as long as he's going to the basket, he'll still be able to finish. PEACE.

You mean his mid-range jumpshooting? Really? Prime MJ tier?
Is there somewhere we can make a comparison or find some stats or something? I find that hard to believe.

As for as straight up mid-range area of the floor probably not, but taking into account overall shooting percentages I wouldn't be surprised if they were close.

I mean dude hitting 54% of his shots while taking a ton of jumpers. That's pretty nuts.

thekad

Banned
Why would the Bulls trade Deng for Gay though? Deng is better and costs less, the latter which is probably more important to their front office.

Defensive abilities always fade before offensive abilities, Lebron being as big as he is will help a lot with that though. Garnett is a good example, he cant play starters mins anymore but his combination of size, IQ, and leadership abilities ensure that he's still a great player on the defensive end.

Defensive abilities always fade before offensive abilities, Lebron being as big as he is will help a lot with that though. Garnett is a good example, he cant play starters mins anymore but his combination of size, IQ, and leadership abilities ensure that he's still a great player on the defensive end.

I'm pretty sure KG is proof of how defensive abilities can last longer than offensive abilities because defense is based more around intelligence and effort than offense is.

huh

his jumper has definitely improved but I don't think it's on Kobe/MJ level.

the best part of all this is that Bron just turned 28 a few days ago! we got like 5 years before he even starts to decline!

KingKong

He's a freak athlete and only 28, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't really start fading until he's 32-33, although he has played a crazy amount of minutes already

He's big and quick.

If he can offset his loss of a step in a couple years with a post game he will still be one the best in the league.

If not he'll be looking like Vince Carter, flabby and sick.
His post game is getting better but he hardly uses it to score. He's already has a reliable jumper and a lot of times he's using that rather than driving to the hole.

LeBron will never be a jump shooter. I can see Durant playing in his late 30's because he can just spot up and shoot it
true. But I don't see Lebron's play making ability disappearing and I don't think He's gonna shrink so He'll be lethal in the post.

jjasper

Gay is going to be traded. New ownership wants to get under the cap, Rudy's efficiency is shit which undoubtedly drives Hollinger crazy, and the local media has finally succeeded in turning fans against him.

They probably aren't going to get anything worthwhile for him either.

Top Bottom