• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Jerry Reinsdorf is too cheap to pay the extra salary and tax for Pau, even though he has 1 less year on his contract.

Looks like you're out of luck. :(
Yeah, I know. :(

I just want to see Boozer in a Lakers uniform so bad. Maybe if Lakers keep sucking, and Bulls amnesty him, then Lakers could bid on him.

EDIT: However, it may work if Lakers were willing to accept Rip, as well. His contract expires at the end of the season.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well this isn't the season I expected. Well it's better than being stuck with a max Bynum and having even shittier scrubs. Now cue more gloating and rubbing it in I suppose.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Is it better if Dwight walks?

If he walks we get even more cap room. Mitch's moves during the offseason literally created something out of nothing. If he hadn't made those trades we would be stuck with a Kobe/Pau/Bynum core with no cap room to sign a bench or anyone else. The trades at least allowed us to have 1 final shot at a title and give us discounts on guys who wouldn't have signed otherwise even though the only one working out atm is Hill. Otherwise if we hadn't had the offseason then the core was still good enough to make an early playoff exit and be stuck with a late draft pick that wouldn't help at all.

harSon

Banned
pau-gasolaurios.gif

Isn't he just calling for double dribble?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...demire_Forgot_Woodson_Ran_Defense_Last_Season
Mike D'Antoni responded to comments made this week by Amar'e Stoudemire suggesting he had never been taught defense during his entire NBA career.

D'Antoni has been Stoudemire's primary coach between his time with the Suns and Knicks.

“I think it’s great,” D’Antoni said Thursday after the Los Angeles Lakers’ practice. “I think it’s great that he’s listening. He might have forgotten that Mike Woodson was also running the defense the last year I was there, so I don’t know if he just didn’t pick that year to listen. But Amar’e’s great. Sometimes you say things, but hopefully, that’s another step he can take forward and help his game. That would be great.”
*giggle*

Cloudy

Banned
15-17 with some hard games coming. We could be far out of the playoffs by next week!

Jan 6 vs Denver
Jan 8 @ Houston
Jan 9 @ San Antonio
Jan 11 vs Oklahoma City
Jan 13 vs Cleveland
Jan 15 vs Milwaukee
Jan 17 vs Miami

The only positive is that most of these are at home. We've already lost to 5 of them and I don't think we can beat Miami. Milwaukee is the only game I'd put money on and they aren't a cakewalk

No wonder Kobe is getting emo on twitter lol

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
only people I see making a trade is the raptors cause their GM is desperate to keep his job and it would get Barg and Fields longer contracts off the books. Maybe Kahn but why besides him doing it because he is Kahn "The Sucker" I would have no idea why.

If the Lakers were smart (and they are) just suck this year and dangle all those expiring at a team over the offseason. Somebody will bite. Everybody has to go through a rebuilding, there is no cheating it.

So I skipped watching the Bulls Heat game because I'm jet lagged and sick. And I thought Bulls for sure were going to lose.

Just saw the box score.

God dammit should've watched.

giri

man the lakers are going to trade damn near everybody for anybody.... Kobe doing this just cements that deal.

I'd say a fair bit of it is kobes fault... he took a ton of really stupid shots and regularly fucked up the offense.

There's no gm dumb enough to take on pau after tonight's performance.

Pau? dwight got out played by Deandre Jordan. Pau did too. But dwights stat line seems overly... generous. He played much worse than that.

But a large part of pau's problems come from the fact, that LA never get him the ball. Thats not going to help him put up numbers. Ever.

Pau needs to be utilized at the elbow to be effective. That 5-game winning streak showed that.

This is the same guy who played phenomenally well at the Olympics this year. He didn't just lose it all in 5 months. He's not being utilized correctly.

Late as hell but...

told yall about dat dere Meeks.

But it's okay Lakers-Age, you now know what it feels like to be a Sixers Fan...in all categories. Up next: getting a young prospect and destroying his soul..

so basically Larry Brown Future.

Top Bottom