• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Darkman M

where do i sign? call me crazy, but i think a line up of pau, metta, kobe,nash and Hill has been our best line up.

Pau is shooting sub 40% and cant play defense, has no lift whatsoever. Dwight is not the the Dwight we have come to know yet, but he still a defensive force. Nash,Kobe,Metta,Hill,Dwight should be the starting lineup for now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No team in the history of the NBA has averaged less than 18 free throws per game over the course of a full season.

Orlando is at 16.5 per game right now. Shattering records!

giri

I don't even know how to respond to posts like these. It's obvious to me that you didn't watch the game or have some anti-kobe agenda....or both lol

lol, you believe that guy.

You're nuts if you think his athleticism is the same as this time last year.

That doesn't excuse his piss poor post game but his impact was supposed to be huge on defense his ability to cover is much slower right now. Remember this was supposed to be his first week back.

He's also not finishing particularly well from what i saw. nor moving all that well. dwight used to run the floor really really well and establish post position early. Even if his post game is bad, if you have deep post position early, it's going to pay dividends. He doesn't appear to be doing that.

But, i aint watched a whole bunch of laker games cause the team just aint that interesting.

Emwitus

Pau is shooting sub 40% and cant play defense, has no lift whatsoever. Dwight is not the the Dwight we have come to know yet, but he still a defensive force. Nash,Kobe,Metta,Hill,Dwight should be the starting lineup for now.

I think if pau played center more with nash, kobe metta spread out on the floor as shooters he would be much better. Like seriously, i love hating on pau too, but he isn't far removed from mudering guys in the olympics. Brown/D'antoni have basically made him useless the past two season, more so D'antoni because he refuses to adjust to pau's game. It's frustrating really. I was hoping for pau and kobe to go out together with one more chip. Should have hired phil man. Feels bad.

Cloudy

Banned
You're nuts if you think his athleticism is the same as this time last year.

That doesn't excuse his piss poor post game but his impact was supposed to be huge on defense his ability to cover is much slower right now. Remember this was supposed to be his first week back.

I'm not even talking about defense cos I think his defense is good compared to any alternative we have. It's just that the more I watch, the more I see the gaping holes in his offensive game yet folks want him to be featured in the post. I'd rather feature Pau or Hill in the post!

Dwight is just not the same player when teams can swarm him. You may blame that on his athleticism but I blame his lack of skill. His footwork is embarrassing and he has zero touch around the hoop. I don't really see how you can blame a sloppy post-up game on a lack of athleticism.

This year, Kobe from mid-range is a MUCH better option than Dwight under the hoop. That is crazy to say but I bet if we looked up the stats (with turnovers and fts included), it'd bear that out. That is fucking sad..

Darkman M

I think if pau played center more with nash, kobe metta spread out on the floor as shooters he would be much better. Like seriously, i love hating on pau too, but he isn't far removed from mudering guys in the olympics. Brown/D'antoni have basically made him useless the past two season, more so D'antoni because he refuses to adjust to pau's game. It's frustrating really. I was hoping for pau and kobe to go out together with one more chip. Should have hired phil man. Feels bad.

Pau at center at this point would be hilarious, he cant even guard Blake Griffin, and the Lakers need a center that can anchor the defense.

I'm also tired of people making excuses for Dwight's play. He's not hurt, he's just not that good without elite 3pt shooter protection. He cannot play in a crowd...
Come on man. I don't pretend that Love didn't eat a ton of cheeseburgers over the summer....You should give him a little slack. He's coming off a back injury.

KingGondo

Banned
@anthonyVslater: Marcus Smart went for a career-high 25 points (on 7/11 shooting), 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals in his first career Big 12 game.
Impressive. Of course, OSU lost, but what's new?

Cloudy

Banned
Come on man. I don't pretend that Love didn't eat a ton of cheeseburgers over the summer....You should give him a little slack. He's coming off a back injury.

He looks just fine to me when he's skying for dunks and dumb goaltending blocks. The only time he looks bad is when skill is required over athleticism (post-ups and fts)

I'm not even talking about defense cos I think his defense is good compared to any alternative we have. It's just that the more I watch, the more I see the gaping holes in his offensive game yet folks want him to be featured in the post. I'd rather feature Pau or Hill in the post!

Dwight is just not the same player when teams can swarm him. You may blame that on his athleticism but I blame his lack of skill. His footwork is embarrassing and he has zero touch around the hoop. I don't really see how you can blame a sloppy post-up game on a lack of athleticism.

This year, Kobe from mid-range is a MUCH better option than Dwight under the hoop. That is crazy to say but I bet if we looked up the stats (with turnovers and fts included), it'd bear that out. That is fucking sad..

I'm not disagreeing with you. I said he sucks in the post numerous times and except when the bench is in without Kobe/Nash I don't want to see it in the halfcourt sets.

I'm just saying his athleticism isn't there. And while he is piss-poor in the post, he is better than what he's been in the other aspects of the offense. His post game lacks skill, but he could still dominate on pnr and stuff due to his athleticism. It's not there so he's not dominating.

He's also not finishing particularly well from what i saw. nor moving all that well. dwight used to run the floor really really well and establish post position early. Even if his post game is bad, if you have deep post position early, it's going to pay dividends. He doesn't appear to be doing that.

I agree on this.

I also think D'Antoni is insane how he benches Kobe and Nash together. He should take Nash out early in the 1st, like at the 6 min mark, and bring him back in to start the 2nd when Kobe goes to the bench.

He looks just fine to me when he's skying for dunks and dumb goaltending blocks. The only time he looks bad is when skill is required over athleticism (post-ups and fts)

Those goal-tend used to be blocks. He's not skying as high as he once did. He's also slower to react.

Cloudy

Banned
His post game lacks skill, but he could still dominate on pnr and stuff due to his athleticism. It's not there so he's not dominating.

The P&R is only there if Nash decides he wants to be a threat of offense (ala the Knicks and GS games). Why would the defense not sit in Dwight's lap if Nash is gonna hang around the 3pt line doing nothing? I don't blame Dwight for that. When Nash has actually been aggressive, the P&R worked fine and Dwight got some ridiculous slams off lobs.

He's not hurt. He is just a limited offensive player and his raw post-up game won't work if the help defense isn't occupied with 3pt shooters..

Darkman M

The P&R is only there if Nash decides he wants to be a threat of offense (ala the Knicks and GS games). Why would the defense not sit in Dwight's lap if Nash is gonna hang around the 3pt line doing nothing? I don't blame Dwight for that. When Nash has actually been aggressive, the P&R worked fine and Dwight got some ridiculous slams off lobs.

He's not hurt. He is just a limited offensive player and his raw post game won't work if the help defense isn't occupied with 3pt shooters..

Have you ever had surgery? I mean your right as in he doesn't have a real post game, but you are out your damn mind if you think he's 100% back from a back surgery in April.

He's not hurt. He is just a limited offensive player and his raw post-up game won't work if the help defense isn't occupied with 3pt shooters..

Why do you keep arguing about his post game? I've said I agree with you on it.

The rest of his game the lack of athleticism is obviously hurting. Dude is not finishing easy plays. He can't jump as high. What used to be and-1s are just fouls. Etc.

Cloudy

Banned
Have you ever had surgery? I mean your right as in he doesn't have a real post game, but you are out your damn mind if you think he's 100% back from a back surgery in April.

Hey I'm just going by what I see. Dwight's dunks and blocks look pretty impressive to me. He only struggles with things that don't require athleticism or brute force.

Pau can't even jump anymore yet he has better moves around the basket. Unfortunately with no lift, the ball gets blocked right back in his face lol

Cloudy

Banned
Why do you keep arguing about his post game? I've said I agree with you on it.

The rest of his game the lack of athleticism is obviously hurting. Dude is not finishing easy plays. He can't jump as high. What used to be and-1s are just fouls. Etc.

I don't buy that it's any major lack of athleticism. Even if he's not 100%, he is still a top 3 athlete in the league right now.

If we had knockdown shooters and Dwight wasn't being swarmed in the post by folks "guarding" everyone not named Kobe, he'd been scoring inside over one defender. He's always relied on bully-ball to score but you can't do that over multiple defenders...

EJoPg.png

trade works for both teams, even asshole cancer Dwight would likely help the Warriors enough to make them legit title contenders and Lakers get a bunch of contracts that expire in 2014

Cloudy

Banned
No way. RJ is washed up and Biedrins is a stiff. Give us Klay Thomson and Jarret Jack with Landry and that would be a good deal...

Darkman M

I don't buy that. If we had knockdown shooters and Dwight wasn't being swarmed in the post by folks "guarding" Metta, Nash and Pau he'd be doing better...

You need to watch the games more closely, Ive seen him opt for reverse layups, and other fancy layins rather then throwing it down in the opponents face more times this year more then Ive seen in his career.

Cloudy

Banned
You need to watch the games more closely, Ive seen him opt for reverse layups, and other fancy layins rather then throwing it down in the opponents face more times this year more then Ive seen in his career.

To be honest, I think that's cos he doesn't want to get fouled. He is shying away from contact cos he knows he'll brick at the line...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Lol at any trade scenario with the Lakers losing.... The GM's still nice its the coach that sucks. Laker age your coach really sucks. Ya'll need to focus your Hate on pringles he's the root of your dysfunction.

Nori Chan

Lol at any trade scenario with the Lakers losing.... The GM's still nice its the coach that sucks. Laker age your coach really sucks. Ya'll need to focus your Hate on pringles he's the root of your dysfunction.

Actually it's mike browns fault. If he didn't get fired, we wouldn't have hired D'antoni. So brown deserves to be fired

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
There's another Mike Lakers had a chance to grab...

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/storage/NYK_Woodson_Mike.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1338050269937[IMG]

But considering his personal accountability stance Pau would be in a mental hospital by now.[/QUOTE]

Brian Shaw was ready to take over when Phil retired and the GM was all "nah we good"

Brian Shaw was ready to take over when Phil retired and the GM was all "nah we good"
To this day I still don't get why Shaw didn't get the job. Perfect guy to take over, who did he piss off in the organization besides Buss? There had to be other feedback, I'd think.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
To this day I still don't get why Shaw didn't get the job. Perfect guy to take over, who did he piss off in the organization besides Buss? There had to be other feedback, I'd think.

I guess he was seen as a PhilJack guy. PhilJack and the GM had beef.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hey, remember that one time that Mitch made sure we'd pay for all of our basketball reasons?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hey Cloudy...

If I wanted to know what Kobe was tweeting, I would follow him on fucking twitter. I don't need to see a giant picture of his leg with acupuncture needles.

Emwitus

Hey Cloudy...

If I wanted to know what Kobe was tweeting, I would follow him on fucking twitter. I don't need to see a giant picture of his leg with acupuncture needles.

seriously. At this point, i'd need proof konex isn't vanessa or a caucasian woman.

Top Bottom