• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Vahagn

lets be honest

this shit aint gonna work bruh

Yea of course. I honestly think Phil would have figured this out. Make Nash the facilitator (his biggest strength). Make Kobe the scorer (his biggest strength). Make Pau a post player and elbow passer (his biggest strengths). Stick Dwight in the same positions as Shaq.

Instead, we got Kobe passing instead of scoring. Nash scoring instead of passing. Pau coming off the bench and shooting long range shots all season. D'Antoni is too much like Nellie. "Fuck what people are naturally great at, I'm gonna move everything around and re-design all the roles so people think I'm a genius"

Jesus! He made Amare the center for one season, had crazy success and it's gotten to his head.

mhi

Howard needs to get that surgery but I think mngmt is too org focused to shut him down. Most players won't say "shut me down" so its up to the mngmt to mandate it.

thekad

Banned
So, last night's laker loss was just...wow.

I'm not even scared of Portland or Houston. I'm scared of Dallas, once Dirk gets back to form that team is easily going to outplay this LA team the rest of the way.

Either LA turns the corner, plays like a top tier team playing .700-.750 ball the rest of the way and then makes noise in the playoffs. Or ends up a 10th or 11th seed and D'Antoni replaces Del Harris as the guy who got the least success with the most talent in Laker history.

Edit: Btw - I ran some numbers on this recent "Kobe Johnson" 4 game stretch. He's shooting 53% from the field. But his scoring efficiency has actually gone down if you track it as points per shot attempt. Being less aggressive scoring wise means he's taken less threes, and less free throws (only 14 FTA in 4 games).

Basically means he's scored 66 points on 51 shots = 1.29 points per FGA. Whereas earlier in the year he was about 30 ppg on 22 shots or 1.36. points per shot.

So even though his season FG% was 46% and his 4 game stretch is 53%. He's scoring less points per shot attempt. Another reason I think FG% is overrated as a metric of scoring prowess or efficiency.

Welcome to 5 years ago.

Im so glad the Lakers got one of the best PG of all time to turn him into a shooting guard, and one of the best SG of all time, and turned him into a PG.

This team is a mess.

The Bobcats are rumored to be in every deal. Nothing says sweeten the pot like "I just got off the phone with Rod Higgins and he said he'd take Diop"

I think that's the only reason we still pay Higgins.

lol, I hope we can flip his expiring contract for something useful.

giri

lol Suns

Some of the fucking GM's in this league man

To call them a GM implies that they have some managerial ability.

The suns FO has been a fucking disaster since Kerr left.

A statement i thought i'd never make.

If it weren't for the two top 5 picks they have this year the outlook would be REALLY bleak.

Wow, the Suns were totally wearing their Mid-late 90's uniforms last night. I forgot how awesome they looked.

Got me all confused, for a split second I thought I had flipped on a classic NBA game and Jared Dudley was Frank Johnson.

Vahagn

Sounds significantly worse than the other day.

I don't think it's "worse". There are parts where it's more subdued, but that's natural when you're performing at a press conference in a room of professional people vs. in an outdoor venue.

Obviously she recorded the inauguration version previously, but it was designed to be played outdoors so you can imagine her going with the full range there, it was her voice after all.

Disappointed she didn't perform live at the inauguration, but clearly no doubt she can hit it out of the park when she needs to.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Gortat is averaging 11 PPG and is the anchor of one of the worst defenses in the NBA. Neither he nor Horford can create their own shot.

He plays next to Beasley, Luis Scola, Markieff Morris, and Jermaine O'Neal. I'm not gonna blame Gortat for not being Kevin Garnett defensively with that over-the-hill front-court.

The Hawks are going to lose Josh Smith anyhow, so might as well get a decent center in return and allow Horford to move to his natural position.

EDIT: Gortat has almost the same number of DWS as Horford.

PS4 being shown on February 20th, yesssssss.
dbp8v7.gif

Can't fucking wait

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
In the last two seasons, had suffered constant injuries Gelabale muscle took origin in his famous look. The dreadlocks, the weight in the head that carries carry such volume hair, bad posture cause generating fibrillar articular pathologies and injuries. They can even alter the way of running. Experts believe that it is harmful to the athletes wear their hair like that. Not start, but in the long run, hurt the player dreads.

wtf

charsace

off topic..remember when homer tools would defend Valve's constant delays and bullshit management of the HL episodes and say "its because theyve been working on portal and these amazing L4D games,so stfu"....yeah its been over a half decade now since that cliffhanger ending from ep. 2, its obvious now that Valve's pipeline for this series is and was a broken clusterfuck.

Episodic and Half Life don't mix. L4D is their episodic series.

Jeff-DSA

I haven't paid for a launch system aside from the Vita since the GameCube. I don't think I have the media clout this time around to score a free PS4 or the next Xbox though. Not unless my site blows up in the next few months, but I'm not working hard enough to make that happen.

Top Bottom