• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

I don't really have an opinion either way on Hollinger, but is Yahoo Sports that prestigious of a job to shit on ESPN like that?

Woj just being Woj. Woj is only good at two things

A) breaking news (he's the best at this)

B) going opposite of ESPN. If ESPN says LeBron is #1, Woj will say Kobe is #1. He just picks whatever ESPN says and choose the other side.

Woj reminds me of the kid that got pick on in high school and now he has made something out of his life. He just firing shots left and right because he can. Kind of like "Hey everyone look at me, I have the balls to be different and stand on my own! I'm so cool!"

Both ESPN and Woj can EAD. They both suck.

masud

Banned
No shit its Brandy. Were you lurking when he wanted the 06 Heat team to have a plane crash like the Marshall team cuz I was and it wouldve been funny if it was in good taste

I'm still mad that he didn't get banned for that. I got banned for two months for wishing someone would stab Paul Pierce. I didn't even want him dead, just stabbed...

shira

B) going opposite of ESPN. If ESPN says LeBron is #1, Woj will say Kobe is #1. He just picks whatever ESPN says and choose the other side.
This is the entire industry of sports journalism.
Find a controversial topic with 2 or more sides and argue ad infinitum.

You get nothing out of it and the "journalist" gets paid to make the argument seem convincing. It doesn't matter right or wrong - they just argue because if they don't - they don't have a job.

h3ro

CbelU.jpg

lolol

NBA TV said:
Bryan Colangelo admitted on NBA TV that the Toronto Raptors are shooping Andrea Bargnani.

Colangelo has spoken with Bargnani's agent about possible moves.

"I'm not saying he's asked for a trade, but he certainly would not fight or resist a [new] situation," said Colangelo.

You know what? I don't care if the team has $45 million invested in swing men who can't shoot. I don't care if they traded a solid young big man for a guy they don't need. I don't care if they ditched the franchise assists leader to placate a guy who just wants to freelance. I don't even care if they're 16-30 without their own draft pick.

Just trade Bargnani. That's all I ask.

best case scenario for the Raps is Gay plays at a level somewhat close to Vince in 2000-01. Vince was a better shooter than Rudy, but the one advantage to playing with primo pasta boy is that hes a stretch 4, so hell have that floor spacing he was always lacking in Memphis. If he goes back to his career average of 45% from the field,shoots 35% from the arc (close to his career average) and gives us 25 points and 6 boards a game, I couldnt complain.
Garbagni and Gay have the potential to compliment each other's games, but I dont how badly Derozan is gunna screw things up.

jjasper

I wish that either people like Robert Pera weren't allowed to own teams, or that Stern would block moves like the Gay trade for basketball reasons.

Here you have a great up-and-coming team, one of the most exciting teams in the league, 4th place in the conference, and they trade away their best or second-best player midway through the year to avoid paying luxury tax. That's absolutely inexcusable, and Memphis fans should boycott the team after this.

The old Vancouver fans deserved better.

We are pretty much the antithesis of exciting. We were exciting for 1 week in November. We are an exciting 17-13 since Dec. 1. We have the worst offense in the NBA. We are in fourth but were well on our way to finish sixth with Bogut's return and Denver's home heavy back half.

You're acting like we just did another Pau trade. It isn't like they have done just salary dumps with nothing in return. They dumped Speights bigger contract for Davis who is better and paid half as much, dumped Ellington's for a 10 dayer that is much more consistent and plays better D (we will have to see how this goes in the long term), dumped Gays contract and replaced a ball stopping iso wing that can't shoot, dribble, or get to the FT line with someone who fits in much better with the offense.

Will it work out who knows. But with this line up I think we have a much better chance at maintaining being in the top 4 and possibly moving up than we do falling down and losing home court.

Bargs fits better with Gay than Derozan does, he's the guy they should be shopping. A decent team that needs an upgrade in the backcourt might be interested in him, maybe Dallas or Milwaukee?

there will be shock that Memphis traded away a big name like Gay, but Prince will be a good fit for that team, assuming he has any fucks left to give.

jjasper

Idk, im so confused. All I can remember is that ass-whooping they gave us earlier in the year. Its probably the only loss that I think twice about.

I think this is where people's not understanding the trade stem from. People that watched us that week when we beat the Heat, OKC, and NYK on national TV and haven't seen us play since don't understand why we would have done this. We are 17-13 from December on, at one point lost 3 in a row by 20+, have the worst offense in the NBA, etc. We weren't a contender and anyone that writes we just dropped from contender status hasn't been watching us play.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Watching the Knicks replay. Felton must have nightmares about Jameer Nelson...

Why are they getting much better?

well yeah Jameer always gives him that work.

Josh Smith trade watch!

I would say the rockets are the #1 location to do the trade but I doubt they have anything Atlanta wants. Then again does Atlanta even knows what it wants from a J smoove trae?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

I would say the rockets are the #1 location to do the trade but I doubt they have anything Atlanta wants. Then again does Atlanta even knows what it wants from a J smoove trae?

Cap space and a backup point guard

I thought atlanta did a stellar job this offseason losing dead weight and getting lean, fiscally. They can make some big splashes in FA.

Cipherr

Its only a few games, so Im not beating off to Point-Kobe or anything like all the other Laker fans; But I am impressed as I watch this Suns game at how Kobe is keeping his eyes open for assist opportunities.

Shabazz is on-pace to be the first guard in a decade to be picked in the first-round while averaging less than an assist per game (Dahntay Jones was the last in 2003)

KingGondo

Banned
I want to give it to ya. I want it out of the way in a "down" draft year.
It's looking like it'll probably be in the 5-8 range at this point. Decent chance the Raps finish behind everyone in the West, and I think the Wiz and Magic might pass them too.

It would be awesome if we got the 4 pick and a big like Noel dropped to us. At the very least, we should be able to get a guy like Len.

Any of the resident draft gurus/ACC fans have any opinions on Len?

Flash

It's looking like it'll probably be in the 5-8 range at this point. Decent chance the Raps finish behind everyone in the West, and I think the Wiz and Magic might pass them too.

It would be awesome if we got the 4 pick and a big like Noel dropped to us. At the very least, we should be able to get a guy like Len.

lol we're not gonna drop to 4. I'm guessing we'll finish around 8-10 or something.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Because I like you I wish the best for you and our draft pick. But when you cheer when you make that selection in the draft I hope you ever so slightly choke on your spit. Not enough to harm you but enough that you feel it.

We'll then be cool again.

KingGondo

Banned
lol we're not gonna drop to 4. I'm guessing we'll finish around 8-10 or something.
Right now you're at 8, and there are several teams right around you. I think the Magic have a decent chance to pass you, and every team in the West might finish ahead of them too. But let's say for the sake of argument that Sacramento and Phoenix finish with a worse record. That likely leaves:

1. Bobcats
2. Wizards
3. Cavs
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Raps

6 is about perfect, IMO. Nearly a top-5 pick, without much risk of losing it with a top-3 lottery draw.

Would you not agree that the Raps got worse in that trade?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Right now you're at 8, and there are several teams right around you. I think the Magic have a decent chance to pass you, and every team in the West might finish ahead of them too. But let's say for the sake of argument that Sacramento and Phoenix finish with a worse record. That likely leaves:

1. Bobcats
2. Wizards
3. Cavs
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Raps

6 is about perfect, IMO. Nearly a top-5 pick, without much risk of losing it with a top-3 lottery draw.

The same Magic team that has lost 7 in a row and may end up dealing some of their better players at the deadline?

I feel pretty confident they will be worse than the Raptors.

KingGondo

Banned
The same Magic team that has lost 7 in a row and may end up dealing some of their better players at the deadline?

I feel pretty confident they will be worse than the Raptors.
You might be right.
The Magic are tanking, they're not finishing ahead of anyone outside of us. And lol at the Wizards being the 2nd worst team.
OK, then substitute the Wiz for the Magic in my earlier statement.
Gondo really doesn't watch other teams does he
I do... Just not bad teams.

rinse82

1. Bobcats
2. Wizards
3. Cavs
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Raps

I don't know about getting worse, but we didn't really get better either.

Depends what Ed Davis' progression looks like. Calderon was going to walk at the end of the season, and you know historically Colangelo has had to overpay to get any FA to come here, so it's not like we lost out on money well spent.

You can't evaluate the team after this trade, because there are obviously 1-2 more dominoes to fall before BC is done. There has to be.

Top Bottom