• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
grantland_kg_best_576.jpg

Awesome pic.

Ryan Anderson is the best at something!

I haven't paid for a launch system aside from the Vita since the GameCube. I don't think I have the media clout this time around to score a free PS4 or the next Xbox though. Not unless my site blows up in the next few months, but I'm not working hard enough to make that happen.

And what site might that be friend?

sexualinadequacy_09.jpg

charsace

The GameCube was actually more durable. That thing could have been used to build bunkers.

Never hit a person with a gamecube, but I never had problems with mine. PS2 was the only system that gave me problems from that gen. Still regret trading in my xbox and gamecube.

You never did crazy shit while in college? That's the whole point of living on campus. I once knocked someone out with a matress too.

The right kind of crazy, like the right kind of 3somes. or maybe drinking game.
you, my friend. you've got some fucked up angry management issues going on.

Omega

Banned
fuck a ps4 unless they announce Socom HD as a launch title.

with online multiplayer included. not that failure halo anniversary was, or what halo 2 anniversary is going to be

So, last night's laker loss was just...wow.

I'm not even scared of Portland or Houston. I'm scared of Dallas, once Dirk gets back to form that team is easily going to outplay this LA team the rest of the way.

Either LA turns the corner, plays like a top tier team playing .700-.750 ball the rest of the way and then makes noise in the playoffs. Or ends up a 10th or 11th seed and D'Antoni replaces Del Harris as the guy who got the least success with the most talent in Laker history.

Edit: Btw - I ran some numbers on this recent "Kobe Johnson" 4 game stretch. He's shooting 53% from the field. But his scoring efficiency has actually gone down if you track it as points per shot attempt. Being less aggressive scoring wise means he's taken less threes, and less free throws (only 14 FTA in 4 games).

Basically means he's scored 66 points on 51 shots = 1.29 points per FGA. Whereas earlier in the year he was about 30 ppg on 22 shots or 1.36. points per shot.

So even though his season FG% was 46% and his 4 game stretch is 53%. He's scoring less points per shot attempt. Another reason I think FG% is overrated as a metric of scoring prowess or efficiency.

Dallas will not make the playoffs this year unless they pull the trigger on a trade. That is possible because they have a ton of expiring contracts, but don't count on it. I'm 100% convinced they would have been a shoe-in for the playoffs this year, but Dirk's injury kept him out way longer than they thought it would and their overtime/close game record is among the worst in the NBA.

jjasper

I still want someone to explain how a team with the 7th best record in the west over the last 2 months is a contender. In theory yeah the team is a contender but in reality it wasn't.

Edit: and couldn't have made the deal after the end of the year because the player option would have limited the amount to teams we could work with.

Where's the list?
Rookies
Davis and Lillard lead a group of rookies that includes Harrison Barnes (Warriors)
Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards), Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Bobcats), Alexey Shved (Minnesota Timberwolves), Dion Waiters (Cavaliers), and Tyler Zeller (Cavaliers)

Sophomores
Joining Irving from the Sophomore class are: Kenneth Faried (Denver Nuggets), Brandon Knight (Detroit Pistons), Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs), Chandler Parsons (Houston Rockets), Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors), Tristan Thompson (Cleveland Cavaliers), Nikola Vucevic (Orlando Magic), and Kemba Walker (Charlotte Bobcats).

source

Rookie Player Pool:
Harrison Barnes
Bradley Beal
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Damian Lillard
Alexey Shved
Dion Waiters
Tyler Zeller

Soph Player Pool:
Kenneth Faried
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Kawhi Leonard
Chandler Parsons
Klay Thompson
Tristan Thompson
Nikola Vucevic
Kemba Walker

The Draft is next Thursday. I know who I'd take #1.
lil Kyrie

I think I'm going with PS4 next generation. The PS3 had better and more reliable hardware and I love games like Gran Turismo and God of War. Oh, and anything Naughty Dog does.

Flash

I'm surprised MS didn't get more shit from the public...their 360 hardware failure was a complete disaster lol I would be wary to buy first gen hardware from them again.

rando14

I'm surprised MS didn't get more shit from the public...their 360 hardware failure was a complete disaster lol I would be wary to buy first gen hardware from them again.

probably because they offered to fix all the ones under warranty for free

DominoKid

Rookie Player Pool:
Harrison Barnes
Bradley Beal
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Damian Lillard
Alexey Shved
Dion Waiters
Tyler Zeller

Soph Player Pool:
Kenneth Faried
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Kawhi Leonard
Chandler Parsons
Klay Thompson
Tristan Thompson
Nikola Vucevic
Kemba Walker

The Draft is next Thursday. I know who I'd take #1.
lil Kyrie

are they doing it like hockey or is it rooks vs sophs still

Top Bottom