• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
nopekid.gif

Damn Ynb...

think about the other kids like you..

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Has this been posted? Just when LeBron begins to rehabilate his image, he starts complaining about not being paid enough, and says that he doesn't get enough credit for "sacrificing" finances to play on the Heat.

LeBron James talked about the future of teams that have three max or near-max contract players in light of the Memphis Grizzlies' trade of Rudy Gay.

James also discussed how he is vastly underpaid compared to what he would receive on a true open market.

"What I do on the floor shows my value. At the end of the day, I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for anyways because of the (collective bargaining agreement)," James said. "If this was baseball, it’d be up, I mean way up there."

James is the NBA's 13th highest paid player at $17.5 million annually.

"I have not had a full max deal yet in my career -- that's a story untold," James said.

"I don't get (the credit) for it. That doesn't matter to me, playing the game is what matters to me. Financially, I'll sacrifice for the team. It shows for some of the top guys, it isn't all about money. That's the genuine side of this, it's about winning. I understand that."

James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade took less than max money contracts in order to play on the same team.

"To keep teams like this together you may have to take even less. I guess we’ll find out"

Forbes recently estimated James earns $40 million per year in endorsements and sponsorships, thanks to deals with Nike, Coca-Cola, McDonald's, State Farm and Samsung.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...eps_Compensation_Below_Fair_Open_Market_Value

Omega

Banned
I don't think he's complaining, just pointing it out.

It wasn't smart of him to say it because obviously anything he says or does everyone will blow out or proportion, but I see nothing wrong with it.

wait a fucking minute, charles barkely is barely 6'5''?

mind blown
did you never watch basketball in the 90s?
I don't mind that argument, but I've always felt that it's wrong for James/Wade/Bosh to call what they did a "sacrifice."
Especially when it was HIS CHOICE to be underpaid so he could get the help he desperately needed to win an chip. And an asterisk one at that.

I like Anthony Bennett as a tweener, he's basically a Millsap clone. Any team that could use a boost in their front-court offense should definitely be looking at him. He's a bit shorter than Millsap though unfortunately. If his reach measures out a big longer at the combine, say at 7 1'5 or above he will go top 5.

Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors
Tonight's starting 5 for the #Raptors vs. @LAClippers: Lowry, DeRozan, Fields, Johnson & Gray.

$19 million dollar backup.

Tom Penny

That's pretty weird to bring up a Nets player bro.

Even weirder you bring up the Heat, who the Celtics are got blown out by with Rondo, and beat them without him.

I must have mixed you up with another Deron fan...Rondo was also the 2nd best player on the floor other than the best player in the world in a 7 game series. Outplayed some D Rose guy too without KG in a playoff series. Weird how that works.

Has this been posted? Just when LeBron begins to rehabilate his image, he starts complaining about not being paid enough, and says that he doesn't get enough credit for "sacrificing" finances to play on the Heat.

LeBron James talked about the future of teams that have three max or near-max contract players in light of the Memphis Grizzlies' trade of Rudy Gay.

James also discussed how he is vastly underpaid compared to what he would receive on a true open market.

"What I do on the floor shows my value. At the end of the day, I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for anyways because of the (collective bargaining agreement)," James said. "If this was baseball, it’d be up, I mean way up there."

"I have not had a full max deal yet in my career -- that's a story untold," James said.
to me. Financially, I'll sacrifice for the team. It shows for some of the top guys, it isn't all
"I don't get (the credit) for it. That doesn't matter to me, playing the game is what matters about money. That's the genuine side of this, it's about winning. I understand that."

James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade took less than max money contracts in order to play on the same team.

"To keep teams like this together you may have to take even less. I guess we’ll find out"

Forbes recently estimated James earns $40 million per year in endorsements and sponsorships, thanks to deals with Nike, Coca-Cola, McDonald's, State Farm and Samsung.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...eps_Compensation_Below_Fair_Open_Market_Value
blame riley for hustling you to accept a lowered contract.
blame yourself for accepting less money.
his royal bitchassness blaming others as usual.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why did lebron even reply to that bullshit article anyway? There was nothing about it that was even true.

Not just that, but this idea that Lebron is single-handily keeping the Memphis Grizzlies owner profitable is so hamfisted and, yeah.

Omega

Banned
Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors
Tonight's starting 5 for the #Raptors vs. @LAClippers: Lowry, DeRozan, Fields, Johnson & Gray.

$19 million dollar backup.

....Fields is starting over Gay. Am I seeing this correctly?

I feel so bad for you Toronto. I really do. This has to be worse than 02-09 Knicks.

House of Cards is a must watch people. That is all.

The one thing I don't like is how Kevin Spacey will look in the camera and talk to us. I only watched the first episode and it felt weird. Still a good show though

FUCK YOU LEBRON!
Wanted more money in a open market, you could gotten it, but you wanted to win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5.. Championships.
& fuck Ray Allen too, took less money to move to a competing rival that had a slightly better chance at winning.

Omega

Banned
FUCK YOU LEBRON!
Wanted more money in a open market, you could gotten it, but you wanted to win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5.. Championships.
& fuck Ray Allen too, took less money to move to a competing rival that had a slightly better chance at winning.

slightly better? boston might not even make the playoffs.

Flash

FUCK YOU LEBRON!

slightly? lol

but ray was bitchmade, complaining about being unappreciated and yet rejects bostons significantly higher salary.

charsace

Yeah, it's fantastic.
It is. Its the best show right now IMO.
....Fields is starting over Gay. Am I seeing this correctly?

I feel so bad for you Toronto. I really do. This has to be worse than 02-09 Knicks.

The one thing I don't like is how Kevin Spacey will look in the camera and talk to us. I only watched the first episode and it felt weird. Still a good show though
Him doing that gets important and gives you insight into his character as you watch. You will probably start loving them deeper you get into the show.
not a big fan of these kinds of shows but the first episode was very good. ill probably kill it over the weekend.
The show is dark. Spacey's character gets darker with every ep.

Omega

Banned
slightly? lol

but ray was bitchmade, complaining about being unappreciated and yet rejects bostons significantly higher salary.

they were trying to trade him that whole time. they didn't want him.

just because they threw money at him doesn't change that.

Ray was also upset about how Doc was using him in the offense. Running around screens and often being just a decoy. His body may not agree with average SG duties over 82 games + playoffs though.

Sidelined for four straight games with a sore left knee, Spurs forward Tim Duncan says watching his teammates run the table without him helped assuage any guilt he might have felt about sitting out.

Healed and itching to get back on the floor, however, Duncan on Thursday issued a warning should general manager R.C. Buford get any wise ideas about the 36-year-old captain’s place in the Spurs’ pantheon.

“I have a clause in my contract,” Duncan said. “If I get traded, I take a bunch of people with me.”

All-Star point guard Tony Parker and standout sixth man Manu Ginobili would be first on the list of hostages, Duncan says.

And as for 3-point ace Matt Bonner?

“He’d be in the top 12,” Duncan deadpanned.

lol

Just saw the Kyrie/YNB discussion a few pages back. Shit was worse then me joking about a Bonner/Blair trade for Pau a few months back.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
TSN so smart.

Hey let's interview Colangelo just as we know Rudy Gay is checking into the game for the first time.

Top Bottom