• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

SamuraiX-

Is Harrison Barnes making it a point to posterize every team in the NBA?

Guy has like 3 of the Top 5 dunks of the year in just the past couple of weeks.

exarkun

I haaaaaated the jazz with a passion because Sloan would do juuuust enough to fuck us and then they would suck a fat one in the next round (97, then all those later years). They single handedly are going to keep T-Mac out of the hall of fame.

Smfh, first it was Stockton (who was dope, can't hate) and then that dirty bitch Malone. Then again it was Deron's ugly ass hair every night and the biggest baby bitch Boozer.

Now, I don't really hate them because Sloan is gone. And the only Utah fans I know are the ones on gaf, so its not too bad.

Branduil

It's considered sportsmanship in the NBA to not run up the score when victory is already ensured.

The funny thing is, it is the exact opposite in Europe. You play hard even in garbage time as a sign of respect to your opponent.

Is flopping part of playing hard?

It's considered sportsmanship in the NBA to not run up the score when victory is already ensured.

The funny thing is, it is the exact opposite in Europe. You play hard even in garbage time as a sign of respect to your opponent.

that's why i was confused. i'm european. if you don't beat my as hard as you can while playing i'm insulted.

i just googled "running up the score". wtf is this shit?

linsivvi

that's why i was confused. i'm european. if you don't beat my as hard as you can while playing i'm insulted.

i just googled "running up the score". wtf is this shit?

It's probably better for the crowd if teams continue to play hard, but that also increases the chance of unnecessary injuries, given the grueling schedule of the NBA.

Dream is better than any player that is, has or in the future will ever wear a Heat uniform.

I'll take my two past championships thanks to him and the Jazz fans can have their life long hate.

lol

"LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman."

Vahagn

Diehard too? What did he do?

Also, I know this LAL season is full of epic failure...but holy Jesus at that Rockets/Jazz score.

Speaking of The Dream, the 84 draft will never be topped. Hakeem, Jordan, Barkley, Stockton, Willis, and Perkins. The 03 draft was great but it can't top 84.

Edit: Anyone else think Willis belongs in the Hall?

oh shit am i gonna get banned again?

don't do me like that

untitled-1bnks9.gif

Dre3001

So how long until Kobe goes back to gunning each game and neglecting teammates?

Or is this Kobe Nash hybrid gonna last the whole season??

tumblr_ly4hm6LgMD1qj98ydo1_500.gif

linsivvi

So how long until Kobe goes back to gunning each game and neglecting teammates?

Or is this Kobe Nash hybrid gonna last the whole season??

I've said it before the moment Kobe realize he has no chance of winning the scoring title the better it will be for the team. He's already a point behind Durant now. I think he will stop gunning because he knows he won't win the title.

KD for MVP!

Utah needs to strike now while the iron is hot and get what they can for Jefferson. The Bobcats are there for you Jazz-gaf. Tell him we have the best furniture makers in the country in Highpoint, they'll make him the best bed money can buy.

Jeff-DSA

Utah needs to strike now while the iron is hot and get what they can for Jefferson. The Bobcats are there for you Jazz-gaf. Tell him we have the best furniture makers in the country in Highpoint, they'll make him the best bed money can buy.

The only thing the Bobcats have that we'd want is their #3 pick and an apology for what they've done to the sport the last couple of years.

Flash

i don't get it, why would bobcats want al jefferson?

they need to tank next year...and hopefully get one a surefire superstar in parker or wiggins

they need to tank next year...and hopefully get one a surefire superstar in parker or wiggins

Why would the Raptors want to trade away Ed Davis and spend $19 million on Rudy Gay, who's only a marginal upgrade on DeRozan and would have $36 million sunk into 3 non-all star wing players, when their Lebron is in the next draft?

Some franchises are just run by short-sighted fools.

The only thing the Bobcats have that we'd want is their #3 pick and an apology for what they've done to the sport the last couple of years.

I don't think we'd offer that, we'd probably give you our Detroit pick though.

We'd still be bad top 5 bad with Al, our team needs a competent big to help the rest of our guys develop properly. What we're putting on the court now is too bad, we need an upgrade asap.

Allen Iverson wrote on Twitter that he has declined an invitation to join the D-League's Texas Legends.

The Legends have been pursuing Iverson throughout the season.

"I thank Donnie (Nelson) and Dallas for the consideration and while I think the D-League is a great opportunity, it is not the route for me," wrote Iverson.

"I realize my actions contributed to my early departure from the NBA, should God provide me another opportunity I will give it my all," Iverson continued.

What an idiot.

linsivvi

AI Turns down D-League offer.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8893362/allen-iverson-turns-texas-legends-d-league-offer

Allen Iverson has announced that he remains hopeful of getting one last shot at the NBA but says he's turning down the opportunity to launch his comeback in the NBA Development League.

Iverson tweeted: "I thank Donnie and Dallas for the consideration and while I think the D-League is a great opportunity, it is not the route for me."

The Legends' pitch to Iverson centered around the fact that they've just convinced NBA veterans Delonte West and Rashad McCants to join their team with similar intentions and have a history of helping players make it back to the highest level.

The Legends signed another 37-year-old earlier this month -- point guard Mike James -- and wound up putting James in position to earn a 10-day call-up to the Mavericks that turned into a guaranteed contract after James completed his second 10-day deal Sunday.

What a pity.

Edit: Damn, beaten like the Utah Jazz

Flash

Why would the Raptors want to trade away Ed Davis and spend $19 million on Rudy Gay, who's only a marginal upgrade on DeRozan and would have $36 million sunk into 3 non-all star wing players, when their Lebron is in the next draft?

Some franchises are just run by short-sighted fools.

to seem as if he is overcompensating for drafting bargnani

all bullshit of course as we're likely going to keep bargnani and this is all a ploy so that he could be put back in the starting line up.

Flash

but if i could get rid of either Bargnani or Derozan for Gay I would definitely think about it...

I'd prefer to give up Calderon over Lowry if we have to trade a PG as well. I am not interested in signing Calderon long term... we've tried this direction for the last 7 or 8 years and it hasn't really worked out. And given his play this season, I think it's unrealistic to expect him to sign a contract where he gets paid less than 7 mil/year.

Are there rumors of The Bobcats wanting Al or is Cats-age hoping Jefferson will mentor the young guys?

There aren't any rumors, I've seen some of our fans discuss it though. DY doesn't want him, but we need someone who can score in the post badly and we will have some money to spend at the end of season so I think it's worth a shot. I sincerely doubt Al wants to play in Charlotte, but stranger things have happened.

Edit: Some of our fans are still under the delusion that Chris Paul wants to come back to NC to be closer to his friends/family which is crazy. Us trading for guys a tier below him like Pekovic/Jefferson/West/etc is a heck of a lot more realistic, even though the likelihood is still small.

Flash

There aren't any rumors, I've seen some of our fans discuss it though. DY doesn't want him, but we need someone who can score in the post badly and we will have some money to spend at the end of season so I think it's worth a shot. I sincerely doubt Al wants to play in Charlotte, but stranger things have happened.

whether or not he wants to play for them (i mean, who really WANTS to play for teams liek the bobcats and raptors) I think he won't cause a stink. He's been a part of some really bad teams already so whatever...

but with that said, I don't think you guys need a player like Jefferson. He'll add a few wins which can be the difference from a number 1 or 2 pick to a 5 or 6 pick.

and I get what you (or was it someone else) were saying about the losing culture...but the addition of a surefire superstar changes all of that IMO. Soon as you got a guy like that, you become instantly more attractive to coaches, scouts, and your franchise no longer looks like a dead zone. A guy like Parker or Wiggins combined with Kemba/MKG/Biyombo can quickly change the culture from a perennial loser to an up and coming team. And THEN you should go after guys like Jefferson.

I'm just not sure if The Bobcats are done tanking, do you think Kemba/Hendo/MKG/This year's pick & Al can do anything worthwhile? I'd rather let the 4 young guys try to figure it out and maybe get another good pick for 2014.

but if i could get rid of either Bargnani or Derozan for Gay I would definitely think about it...

I'd prefer to give up Calderon over Lowry if we have to trade a PG as well. I am not interested in signing Calderon long term... we've tried this direction for the last 7 or 8 years and it hasn't really worked out. And given his play this season, I think it's unrealistic to expect him to sign a contract where he gets paid less than 7 mil/year.

Bargnani's not going anywhere, nobody's taking that contract. I mean, maybe there's a trade out there, but it would probably be for something even worse. Like somebody probably still owes Darius Miles $10 million or something.

I don't see how you can have both Gay and DeRozan, I don't think they compliment one another at all. Of course, I don't see how you can have a front court of Turkoglu, Bargnani and Bosh either, but Colangelo is that crazy.

And yeah, this is probably Calderon's last season as a Raptor. And maybe that's for the best, he's never been able to solidify himself as starter, so we've just had 7 years of non-stop PG controversy. Let him find his destiny as the Lakers' Euro-Fisher.

whether or not he wants to play for them (i mean, who really WANTS to play for teams liek the bobcats and raptors) I think he won't cause a stink. He's been a part of some really bad teams already so whatever...

but with that said, I don't think you guys need a player like Jefferson. He'll add a few wins which can be the difference from a number 1 or 2 pick to a 5 or 6 pick.

and I get what you (or was it someone else) were saying about the losing culture...but the addition of a surefire superstar changes all of that IMO. Soon as you got a guy like that, you become instantly more attractive to coaches, scouts, and your franchise no longer looks like a dead zone. A guy like Parker or Wiggins combined with Kemba/MKG/Biyombo can quickly change the culture from a perennial loser to an up and coming team. And THEN you should go after guys like Jefferson.

I'm too cynical to expect someone like Wiggins to fall into our laps. We could tank for another two years and still not find that guy. We have to try though, and you're right that signing Al would make it even less likely.

I'm just not sure if The Bobcats are done tanking, do you think Kemba/Hendo/MKG/This year's pick & Al can do anything worthwhile? I'd rather let the 4 young guys try to figure it out and maybe get another good pick for 2014.

We're definitely not done tanking, if it came to it we'd find a way to sit guys. Teams say they don't do this, but anyone with a brain knows this is BS.

I'm too cynical to expect someone like Wiggins to fall into our laps. We could tank for another two years and still not find that guy. We have to try though, and you're right that signing Al would make it even less likely.

The way The NBA is setup even with the new rules that encouraging building through the draft a smaller market team going after an Al Jefferson type while they're not done collecting young talent and picks is a death sentence. A middling playoff team in the east and then back to the drawing board.

The Cats have to suffer for a bit longer and hope they nab the next once in a generation player.

Top Bottom