• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Who else do you pick, Jeremy Lamb or Meyers Leonard?

Both those guys really ain't lighting up the league either.

He's shown flashes as well. He really did need to stay in school but he will get better. Not saying their the same player but Jimmer was also selected at #10 last year as well and just needed some time to fit.

Obviously he probably shouldn't be getting the amount of time he's getting but i bet you he'll look a hell of a lot better next year.

He's shown flashes of nothing. The only good games he's ever had were fluke shooting nights and he's shown in every other game to be a horrible shooter while being almost Dwight-bad from the line.

the funny thing about the Pau situation is that he's been playing noticeably better since he got benched. and the team is winning.

also, shouldn't he be happy that he gets more rest this way, and that it helps his knee tendinitis and plantar fasciitis?

Omega

Banned
Dumb analogy. Meeks isn't outplaying Kobe. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

no you don't you get play to get paid

when his contract expires and the Lakers don't extend, a lot of owners won't be gullible enough to give him a big contract because he'll be known as that guy that got benched for Earl the Pearl

linsivvi

People who think Earl Clark is playing better than Pau aren't really watching the games.

But that's not the point. Antawn Jamison played more minutes than Pau this game, and Pau had a great game. So how does that even make sense?

The team's been winning? He just watched the team almost blew a double digit lead. At home. To the Hornets. Fuck Pringles and fuck anyone who thinks Pau is the problem here.

also Austin Rivers isn't good enough for the D-League

Dell Demps should've been fired yesterday for drafting that piece of shit

Rivers is making our Morrison pick look better in retrospect. At least Adam Morrison was a decent player before he got injured, Rivers can't make that claim.

Emwitus

People who think Earl Clark is playing better than Pau aren't really watching the games.

But that's not the point. Antawn Jamison played more minutes than Pau this game, and Pau had a great game. So how does that even make sense?

The team's been winning? He just watched the team almost blew a double digit lead. At home. To the Hornets. Fuck Pringles and fuck anyone who thinks Pau is the problem here.

Dumb analogy. Meeks isn't outplaying Kobe. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!
Some day when you get demoted or are being scapegoated because your boss is a fucking idiot, then you will understand

until then you're a random Kobe homer on the internet with zero perspective

You know what, no-name Clark has been a MUCH better player than him this year and it's NOT even close. It'd be one thing if they benched him for a guy who wasn't producing but that's not the case.

The team is demonstrably better with him or Dwight having the post to themselves. Either he accepts it or asks for a trade. I am just tired of his bitching. If fucking Manu can come off the bench for lesser players for the good of the team, it's not too much to ask Pau to do the same with a player who is just flat-out better right now!

speaking of terrible analogies, gino has mostly been a sixth man his career, is a wingman, and he plays at the ends of games

Cuban needs to be strung up by his balls for thinking that big free agents were going to sign with the Mavs. If he doesn't pull the trigger on some trades I'm going to be pissed. They've got severe problems at the PG and Center positions.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Cuban needs to be strung up by his balls for thinking that big free agents were going to sign with the Mavs. If he doesn't pull the trigger on some trades I'm going to be pissed. They've got severe problems at the PG and Center positions.
Like this was anything but a throw away season for them.

Eh, Kemba can be fun to watch, same with MKG. They've definitely turned shit around in the last couple of years. Pretty sure the Cats will be a fun team to watch in a couple of seasons so long as they keep drawing high picks.

Didn't Dirk say some shit like he's not motivated anymore or something after chipping.

Shitting all over LeBron and Wade both after years of build up has to leave you pretty much ready to give no fucks unless your life is dedicated to basketball aka Kobe.

I don't recall Dirk saying that. He had to go to conditioning courses to improve his game last season, but I think his competitive spirit is still there. He has been riding Cuban's ass in the media and openly questioning whether or not it was smart to disband that championship team.

I still had Dallas as a playoff team this year, but Dirk coming back so late in the season really fucked that up.

By the way, Dirk recently passed Iverson on the scoring list.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Eh, Kemba can be fun to watch, same with MKG. They've definitely turned shit around in the last couple of years. Pretty sure the Cats will be a fun team to watch in a couple of seasons so long as they keep drawing high picks.
Right on schedule IMO

Still interested in seeing which fool team is willing to pay Josh Smith the max.

I would say Atlanta, but they had the balls to suspend him when he was acting like a fool so I'm not so sure anymore. Houston is the best bet now I think.

Speak for yourself. The team is awful and I can't even be bothered to attend games if I'm given free tickets.

They're awful now, but they're awful for a reason. Hopefully it will pay off in the next few years.

Eh, Kemba can be fun toto watch, same with MKG. They've definitely turned shit around in the last couple of years. Pretty sure the Cats will be a fun team to watch in a couple of seasons so long as they keep drawing high picks.

If we can draft Noel this year and a scorer in next years draft I like our chances.

I played Metal Gear Raiden Revengeance Whateverdafuck and I think I just broke the game by destroying geometry that was necessary for me to continue forward...I chopped a stairwell down.

smh

If the Rockets draft a combo guard like Smart and sign Jsmoove they'll be at least Grizzlies good.

Lin/Smart
Harden
Chandler/Morris
Smith/Jones
Asik/Montienunas

If the Rockets draft a combo guard like Smart and sign Jsmoove they'll be at least Grizzlies good.

Lin/Smart
Harden
Chandler/Morris
Smith/Jones
Asik/Montienunas

Smart will be a Top 5 pick imo, I dunno maybe they could use Goodwin tho he may not be much better than Toney Douglass at this stage

Didn't Dirk say some shit like he's not motivated anymore or something after chipping.

Shitting all over LeBron and Wade both after years of build up has to leave you pretty much ready to give no fucks unless your life is dedicated to basketball aka Kobe.

So retire. Alot better than getting shit on and swept out of the playoffs every year, while watching Lebron and Wade chip from home.

So retire. Alot better than getting shit on and swept out of the playoffs every year, while watching Lebron and Wade chip from home.

His hands are tied. He can't help what Cuban does. I think letting Chandler walk was enormously stupid considering Chandler is having a better season than Dwight.

If BC gives up draft picks to take on salary Stern needs to step in and veto the trade for "that's insanely idiotic reasons." The precedent has been set, and BC seems like he's on a mission to make the NBA fail in Canada. If that doesn't count as basketball reasons I don't know what does.

Pretty much. I'm pretty sure it was Jameson who was guarding Ryno and getting worked at the end there too. Pau was working well with Dwight in the post all night as well. Even when we’re doing well I hate D’antoni. It’s not like we’ve ran his offense the last 3 games either.

Nori Chan

If BC gives up draft picks to take on salary Stern needs to step in and veto the trade for "that's insanely idiotic reasons." The precedent has been set, and BC seems like he's on a mission to make the NBA fail in Canada. If that doesn't count as basketball reasons I don't know what does.

I like him

Top Bottom