• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

The Magic were 12-13 and just missed out on going 13-13. Now we're 14-30. I'd probably want to off myself if I still lived in Orlando and remained as invested due to it.

they were overachieving before and now they're doing the right thing by tanking hard

Yes lol. They scored on a critical bucket but then got a technical out of it -- the bucket counted. They ended up winning the game that night without Roy while the Celtics were still really good.

I was at that game. That was when LMA slapped KG. Crowd was the loudest I've heard at the rose garden. Though, still haven't been lucky enough to go to a playoff game =(

Now I'm having steve blake PTSD looking at that clip.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...se-chicago-bulls-taking-full-contact-practice

MILWAUKEE -- Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Wednesday that Derrick Rose is now taking "full contact" and the only thing left in his return from ACL surgery is putting in more time and then getting acclimated to a game situation.

Rose's rehab from his April 28 injury and May 12 surgery has steadily progressed to the point that there are no longer any physical limitations.

"He's full-contact, yeah," Thibodeau said before Wednesday's morning shootaround as the Bulls prepared to face the Milwaukee Bucks.

The likely date of Rose's return is after the Feb. 17 All-Star Game.

whoa.gif

jjasper

@WojYahooNBA: Raptors and Grizzlies are discussing framework of trade with respective ownership groups now, sources tell Y! Deal could be done tonight.

Seems like we are gonna get Davis, a pick, and some SF (from a mystery team that takes Calderon I guess).

kiss ophelia

Neo Member
Royce White had Klosterman meet him at a Cheesecake Factory.

What is it about NBA players and the damn Cheesecake Factory?

It was explained to me as being familiar and consistent. Easy decision when traveling.

Why NBA players would like consistently bland and mediocre food is beyond me.

Don't curse it!

Honestly OKC should make sure they get the 2 seed. If it comes down to the last couple games of the season with them and the Spurs, you do what you can to lose those games without making it look obvious. OKC fans better hope they get the 2 because the Lakers will be one of the greatest 8th seeds of all time.

Edit- that got me thinking, trivia question: what's the farthest an 8 seed has gotten?

Nori Chan

Honestly OKC should make sure they get the 2 seed. If it comes down to the last couple games of the season with them and the Spurs, you do what you can to lose those games without making it look obvious. OKC fans better hope they get the 2 because the Lakers will be one of the greatest 8th seeds of all time.
Best of the worst.
#NeoLakers

Edit- that got me thinking, trivia question: what's the farthest an 8 seed has gotten?

Finals. Knicks were an 8th seed during that lockout season in '99

Flash

Gay and Bargani are both inefficient ball stoppers, would be a nightmare combined with Derozan. I feel like Barg has it in him to be a catch and shoot guy like Kevin Martin, but only if hes a fourth option coming off the bench. If he wasnt so expensive, hed be a great fit in San Antonio, even fucking Matt Bonner thrives over there.

despite all the hate Bargnani gets (including from me), he is still a skilled 7fter who can shoot, has quickness, and can put the ball on the floor. Put in the right situation, I'm certain he'll be a very good role player.

But the problem is that he isn't a first, second, or third option. He shouldn't be a starting center...ever. He is a power forward who is best suited along side a defensive big man or coming off the bench to provide some offense. And his time in Toronto is over - majority of the fans resent him. Hell, I'm sure even his teammates resent him. Colangelo pretty much destroyed any chance of him being a productive player here by forcing him to be a first option, franchise player. Dude never developed a work ethic because everything was given to him on a golden platter and no matter his fuck ups or weaknesses he was free of criticism from coaches, commentators, and journalists.

And now Colangelo's magical plan is to play Gay and Bargnani together? FFS. This guy has no business running a basketball team and it's obvious he doesn't have the slightest clue. If we include Davis, Ross or a draft pick for Rudy fucking Gay then I just quit so long that idiot is still around.

fuck if they give up Ed Davis and still keep Garbagni ...I might have to give up on this fucking franchise....I might jump ship the Wolves,'Sota is closer to me than Toronto anyway. I cant take this shit anymore. Kahn seems like a fuckhead himself, and Love is a brat, but goddamn, Rubio, Pek, Shved, I can get more hopeful about that than Garbagnani, Derozan and Bmore swag.

Flash

fuck if they give up Ed Davis and still keep Garbagni ...I might have to give up on this fucking franchise....I might jump ship the Wolves,'Sota is closer to me than Toronto anyway. I cant take this shit anymore. Kahn seems like a fuckhead himself, and Love is a brat, but goddamn, Rubio, Pek, Shved, I can get more hopeful about that than Garbagnani, Derozan and Bmore swag.

Where are you from?

lol ppl on the realGM board are idiots. Losing Ed is worth the price of getting rid of Calderon. They realize Calderon is a FA next year, right?

Third team confirmed.

I wonder if it's Boston.

Maybe they shipped Jeff Green out to Toronto too.

Green-Bargs future. lolz

lol why don't you guys want Calderon? he's a pretty good PG and he'll be a beast with ZBo and Gasol (who he is already close with).

And he's an expiring contract which your owner would like

They already have Conley. and they want to reduce salary more.

edit: Sam amico is guessing Suns. weird.

Flash

I wonder if it's Boston.

Maybe they shipped Jeff Green out to Toronto too.

Green-Bargs future. lolz

Derozan, Gay, Jeff Gomes and Bargs

omfg ;_;

and we'll have no more draft picks, so this is literally it.

But Calderon's skillset is best suited to come of the bench anyways. And again, expiring contract.

I wouldn't give you shit if you did, especially if you are closer to 'Sota.

Raps have the worst future in the NBA right now and it's not even close.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm honestly choking on my own rage right now.

Depending on what this deal is I may cancel my season tickets going forward.

jjasper

Mambadamas
@thefishnation: RT @MySportsLegion: Hearing Celtics could be one of the few "3rd teams" who would acquire Jose Calderon in trade with Grizzles and Raptors

We will probably get Lee considering Levien was his agent.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Third team not yet in stone but Pistons have had interest in Calderon all season & have two SFs to help MEM fill Gay void: Prince & Maggette

This is going to end up being one of those lose - lose - lose trades.

pilonv1

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Third team not yet in stone but Pistons have had interest in Calderon all season & have two SFs to help MEM fill Gay void: Prince & Maggette

LOL IF THEY TRADE GAY FOR MAGGETTE

Flash

sigh...i am going to miss ed davis.

never seen a player get shitted on as much as him by management. hope that continues to beast it in memphis

also, does this mean we aren't trading a pick?

Still funny that Terrence Ross is untouchable in this Gay trade

Well they just went out of their way to draft him like 4-5 spots earlier than people expect him to go. It's like telling the world "we were not wrong."

Kind of like Raiders forever holding on to Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Top Bottom