• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Flash

BC had the mindset that nobody wants to come to Toronto unless you overpay them... yup, that's the way you build championship contenders!

shira

but prior to that he thought Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for CP3 was okay

plus how often does a player get drafted in the lottery for making one shot?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1ewxVwhug

oh oh oh unbelievable

249524-christian-laettner-celebrates-after-hitting-the-game-winning-shot-agai.jpg

Speaking of underperforming Dukies, how well do u guys think Jabari Parker will transition to the NBA?

Edit: it's funny to me that UNC is getting outrecruited badly by both NCstate and Duke. Ol Roy will get exposed over the next few years unless he can start bringing in top guys like Wiggins again.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Speaking of underperforming Dukies, how well do u guys think Jabari Parker will transition to the NBA?

Edit: it's funny to me that UNC is getting outrecruited badly by both NCstate and Duke. Ol Roy will get exposed badly over the next few years unless he can start bringing in top guys like Wiggins again.

Roy has been dead to me for two years. The program wins in spite of him these days.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Roy has been dead to me for two years. The program wins in spite of him these days.

He lost it 4 years ago. He used to be great at managing egoes and getting guys to play together, but he can't even do that anymore. He was never that great at everything else, and it really shows whenever he's unable to bring in 5 star recruits.

dalVlatko

I don't know what to think about that Royce White article. He has some valid points but then he says things like "everyone has a mental illness" and compares himself to JFK and Ghandi.

Royce is nuts ._.

"Royce White has a lot of radical thoughts about his own mental illness. But that's just the beginning — he's worried about your brain, too."
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8890734/chuck-klosterman-royce-white

Wow, people who have a marijuana habit are mentally ill? What the fuck does he mean by a chemical imbalance anyway? You've got a 'chemical imbalance' every time you're hungry. That doesn't mean you're mentally ill.

The thing that's really annoying is that his anxiety disorder is a real thing that a lot of people experience to varying degrees, and he may actually have a severe case of it, but here he is trashing the reputation of X amount of NBA players who use [not even abuse] substances for absolutely no reason. Kid needs to take responsibility for his own life regardless of his issues before anyone takes him seriously.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
White partially credits his exceptional court vision directly to his anxiety disorder: "I'm always scanning for threats. I'm always watching everything. It's almost like a superpower. I'm ultra-aware

This made me laugh.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Carlos Boozer may not play tonight due to a hamstring injury. This would be the first game he's missed in a long ass time.

In other words, there's no reason to keep up with the Bulls for a while.

its cool and all that Kobe is getting all these assists, but 'including the playoffs, the Lakers are 1-6 against Phoenix in games in which Bryant records 10 or more assists'. interesting >_>

man max payne 3 was a helluva lot better than i thought it would be. thoroughly had fun with this game.

Why is Reggie Evans of all people talking shit about the heat and lebron?

what did he say?

had no idea heat/nets were tonight. is this the first time these two teams are playing each other?

edit: LOL evans. shut the fuck up you floppy rebounding shit. i hope lebron shits all over this team tonight

Meier

The Magic were 12-13 and just missed out on going 13-13. Now we're 14-30. I'd probably want to off myself if I still lived in Orlando and remained as invested due to it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Did it work?
Yes lol. They scored on a critical bucket but then got a technical out of it -- the bucket counted. They ended up winning the game that night without Roy while the Celtics were still really good.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225872/Colangelo_Was_Torn_Between_Bargnani_Gay_On_Draft_Night

LOL only Colangelo would want to build a team around two players from the shittiest draft in recent history.

:(

Gay and Bargani are both inefficient ball stoppers, would be a nightmare combined with Derozan. I feel like Barg has it in him to be a catch and shoot guy like Kevin Martin, but only if hes a fourth option coming off the bench. If he wasnt so expensive, hed be a great fit in San Antonio, even fucking Matt Bonner thrives over there.

Top Bottom