• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Mambadamas

Probably get Lee and something.

I called it!

I was joking about Green but I figured Ainge wants to try to right this before he blows it up. No Rondo and Calderon available?

G8l0mVR.png

Works but it's a bit tough to get salaries working.

Detroit might be in the mix according to Stein. Throwing in Maggette for Calderon works. As is Tayshaun + filler.

Emwitus

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN sources say Dallas is other prime landing spot for Calderon, but I'm told Mavs reluctant to part with SF that Grizz want: Vince Carter

This has gotta be some sick joke.

Flash

This isn't that bad of a trade if a pick isn't included...essential Davis for Gay since we ewre gonna lose Calderon this off season anyways.

the thing that makes me hate it is Bargnani is going to start. again. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK

LMFAO dallas. VC? really???

also, if Dallas get Calderon for VC, it is crazy how Dallas would be getting more value for the corpse of VC than the raptors got for near prime level VC. this fucking franchise.

The Memphis Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors have agreed in principle on a trade that will send leading scorer Rudy Gay to the Raptors, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Grizzlies will acquire forward Ed Davis and veteran guard Jose Calderon from the Raptors and then move Calderon on to a third team to ultimately make this a three-team deal.

The Detroit Pistons, sources said, are one of the prime options to take on Calderon, having pursued the Spanish floor leader all season.

The Grizzlies want a small forward out of the trade and Detroit has two on its roster in the final year of their contract: Tayshaun Prince and Corey Maggette. But Memphis, sources said, is talking to at least one other team about taking on Calderon and is expected to receive a second-round pick from Toronto as part of the deal.

The Raptors, sources said, are expected to take on Grizzlies reserve center Hamed Haddadi in addition to Gay.

The Dallas Mavericks are the other most likely landing spot for Calderon, but sources said Dallas is resistant to parting with Vince Carter, Memphis' prime target on the Mavs' roster.

Raptors agree to get Gay.

edit: hadaddi going to Raptors too.

Nobility

Banned
Colangelo continues to crumble the Raptors.

When is his contract up? Who cares, MLSE will just resign him anyways.

Walking through the darkness here.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Memphis officials spent day calling around to do background on Detroit's Tayshaun Prince, sources tell Y!

Isn't Prince done?

Memphis should be trying to get Marion. I would think of them as title contenders with marion

is he really that bad? i've never watched him.

i ought everyone just exaggerated.

He is the Bargnani of shooting guards.

I don't see how Dallas is involved with Carter, anyway. They'd still have to ship off a bunch of contracts.

Marion makes sense. But that would also hurt Dallas though shed a year of salary. Not sure why Dallas doesn't just give the season up but man Marion on Memphis for Gay would be scary.

He is the Bargnani of shooting guards.

I don't see how Dallas is involved with Carter, anyway. They'd still have to ship off a bunch of contracts.

Marion makes sense. But that would also hurt Dallas though shed a year of salary. Not sure why Dallas doesn't just give the season up but man Marion on Memphis for Gay would be scary.

speculation is they would send kaman as well. and get calderon/davis

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Brinbe

Fuck it, I'm excited for Gay. Love Ed, but he's replaceable (tons of 4s in this league) and won't miss Jose at all.

Lowry/Ross/Gay/Amir/Val

Still solid to me. Dump DeMar/Bargs and the rest of the garbage.

Flash

Fuck it, I'm excited for Gay. Love Ed, but he's replaceable and won't miss Jose.

Lowry/Ross/Gay/Amir/Val

still solid to me. Dump DeMar/Bargs and the rest of the garbage.

lol you know we'll never trade bargnani

and no one is gonna take on Derozan's contract

Srsly

Banned
Vince Carter has actually been the best player for Dallas this year, check his on/off numbers. Dallas consistently blows leads when he rests. He doesn't take dumb shots, is a very good spot up shooter, can go into the post, is rarely out of position on defense and is the best 1-on-1 defender on the Mavs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck it, I'm excited for Gay. Love Ed, but he's replaceable (tons of 4s in this league) and won't miss Jose at all.

Lowry/Ross/Gay/Amir/Val

Still solid to me. Dump DeMar/Bargs and the rest of the garbage.

I'm just more perturbed by what direction this team is going in.

Yes Rudy Gay is the superior player here but is he someone that makes us THAT much better?

We're not bad enough to be a high lottery team, but we're also not good enough to be a lock for playoffs. We're in that shit middle zone where we don't make playoffs nor do we even get good draft picks.

Brinbe

lol you know we'll never trade bargnani

and no one is gonna take on Derozan's contract
I can always hope, but you're probably right. And DeMar must have some value around the league. Though I think he'll fit in better alongside Gay at least.

And fuck if I care if it's a bad contract. We've already lived with bad contracts, but at least I know Rudy's at least a solid and exciting player.

Doesn't at all absolve BC for his shit GMing though. He still needs to go.

Flash

I can always hope, but you're probably right. And DeMar must have some value around the league. Though I think he'll fit in better alongside Gay at least.

And fuck if I care if it's a bad contract. We've already lived with bad contracts, but at least I know Rudy's at least a solid and exciting player.

Doesn't at all absolve BC for his shit GMing though. He still needs to go.

derozan and gay don't really fit well together. If they could push derozan out and make ross a starter I think it'll work better.

but my main gripe with this trade is that BC's golden boy is gonna start again. smfh.

jjasper

Prince and Daye. Not terrible.

Edit: Ha told mrs jjasper we traded gay and Hadaddi. Her response "aww I'm gonna miss Hadaddi"

ESPNSteinLine: Pistons poised to send both Tayshaun Prince & Austin Daye to Grizzlies to acquire Jose Calderon as part of Rudy Gay deal

So Davis also to Memphis with hadidi + Gay in Toronto.

Prince can still hit the 3 but doesn't do much else on offense. Then again he's been on a shit team so who knows.

Wonder if he can still play D.

Brinbe

derozan and gay don't really fit well together. If they could push derozan out and make ross a starter I think it'll work better.

but my main gripe with this trade is that BC's golden boy is gonna start again. smfh.

Ross is for sure a better fit but Rudy has legit size and can at least create for himself and hit a 3-pt shot.

And I'm not too worried about Bargs. His awfulness has already been exposed and he's been shopped around. The problem (apart from his injury) is there probably hasn't been too many interested takers.

I'm just more perturbed by what direction this team is going in.

Yes Rudy Gay is the superior player here but is he someone that makes us THAT much better?

We're not bad enough to be a high lottery team, but we're also not good enough to be a lock for playoffs. We're in that shit middle zone where we don't make playoffs nor do we even get good draft picks.
There's no real reason to be that upset because, yes, he could be. SF is a real shallow position in this league now and we've obtained an above-average one, filling a real hole on this team that's arguably existed since Garbo broke his leg.

And we did it by selling high on Davis (who is awesome) and dealing an expiring in Jose. We already have Lowry and Amir, so it's no real loss. We didn't deal Ross or Val. It's a win in my book.

Srsly

Banned
imma have to disagree. the non-national games ive streamed watched, he shoots first, asks questions later. and he takes a lot of ill-advised 3s.

His TS% is 56% and his 3pt% is 38% -- he is taking very few bad shots. It's amazing how much perception clouds judgement.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ross is for sure a better fit but Rudy has legit size and can at least create for himself and hit a 3-pt shot.

And I'm not too worried about Bargs. His awfulness has already been exposed and he's been shopped around. The problem (apart from his injury) is there probably hasn't been too many interested takers.

There's no real reason to be that upset because, yes, he could be. SF is a real shallow position in this league now and we've obtained an above-average one, filling a real hole on this team that's arguably existed since Garbo broke his leg.

And we did it by selling high on Davis (who is awesome) and dealing an expiring in Jose. We already have Lowry and Amir, so it's no real loss. We didn't deal Ross or Val. It's a win in my book.

We'll see. If not I am gonna beat your ass at whenever the next meetup is.

Top Bottom