• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Lakers won't do a sign and trade and he's not gonna leave to play with another aging superstar (dirk) or J Smooth.

Chris bosh and Lebron both got sign and trades.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So what do you guys do when your teams blow? Do you watch every game or actually skip when they play bad teams?

When I was younger I'd use to watch all of the games regardless. It was something to do during college.

Now I take a nap during the first half and wait for the 20pt comeback for the second half.

Most bad teams have young players with potential to cheer for. Maybe you can watch baseball?

Or...play your backlogs of video games.

I know every single one of you mofos posting here have a pile of shame, prolly dating back a generation or two.

Or watch 'The Wire' for the first time like I have been doing.

Or both!

(but not baseball, it sucks)

Most bad teams have young players with potential to cheer for. Maybe you can watch baseball?

Yeah I don't mind the losing if I had something to watch like young players improving. This is just not fun. Never experienced this.

Baseball is not something I can watch. Lol I don't need something to do. I've just always watched the lakers and seriously thinking about skipping the shitty games at this point and doing other things. At some point it's pulling teeth.

Doomsayer

Or...play your backlogs of video games.

I know every single one of you mofos posting here have a pile of shame, prolly dating back a generation or two.

Or watch 'The Wire' for the first time like I have been doing.

Or both!

(but not baseball, it sucks)

I'm going to be checking out the Wire FINALLY. I can't believe I have never seen an episode.

thekad

Banned
Do you really want Dwight? Though I'm sure we'd have no problem finding a taker for Asik if he did come.
I love Asik but if Morey gets Dwight, I'll be confident that he can make it back to form in which case there's no contest between the two. Then we can move Asik for Smith or Millsap depending on whether Lin can learn to shoot or not.

Doomsayer

Don't let anyone spoil that shit for you!

My bro let something slip and I was hot! (it wasn't major but yeah...)

I've made sure to check out of any conversation in regards to the Wire. The internet is where you gotta be careful though.

I remember in a GIF thread, I got spoiled on Drive (sucked anyway) and Burn After Reading.

I'll be watching every game I can like always. Work/school has stopped me from watching a good chunk of every season for the past few years.

Gots to cheer on Earl "Of Sandwich" Clark and Bobby Sackray. Might even invest in some car flags.

#Neolakes

I've had the first four seasons for like 1.5 years and have only watched the first four episodes. Pretty terrible.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Baldy.....come on. It's a slow burn at first but it's an amazing show.

Don't let anyone spoil that shit for you!

My bro let something slip and I was hot! (it wasn't major but yeah...)

It was that mcnulty isn't American in real life wasn't it. Shit through me for a loop when I heard him talk.

Feels weird to be done with the season already. I'm gonna focus on the Super Bowl for the rest of the week.

balddemon

Banned
Clearly you have no comprehension of quality television.
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Baldy.....come on. It's a slow burn at first but it's an amazing show.

No I mean it's pretty terrible that I haven't watched the rest yet :lol I liked the first 4 eps, although I"m gonna have to rewatch them.

I've seen all of Breaking Bad and the Walking Dead, and loved them, so I think I like good TV :p

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
yo ugh

MyPlayer on 2k13 was on pace to drop 60+ with a fg percentage over 80% in my last game

I was going to save and stop at the half but decided to abuse B Lopez some more.

5 minutes later, the power flickers enough for my 360 to cut off and my stats are gone.

fuck.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Holy shit, that's actually pretty sad judging by that UK shirt he's wearing underneath it.

Remember when he shot like 6 or 7 threes to start off a game back in college? Against Tennessee, I think?

I remember that!! That game was crazy!!

Really wish I understood how these guys can be this bad.
Odd how sometimes putting a bunch of allstars together on one team works so well like the Heat and the Celtics and at other times you have the Philadelphia Eagles and these Lakers.

I was excited when D'antoni got the job. Cause I figured it was pointless to have Nash in the triangle. But I freaking guarantee that Phil would have these guys playing to their potential.

I love Asik but if Morey gets Dwight, I'll be confident that he can make it back to form in which case there's no contest between the two. Then we can move Asik for Smith or Millsap depending on whether Lin can learn to shoot or not.

We really would be a perfect fit but after all the bitching its hard to welcome him with open arms.

It was that mcnulty isn't American in real life wasn't it. Shit through me for a loop when I heard him talk.

Feels weird to be done with the season already. I'm gonna focus on the Super Bowl for the rest of the week.

Super Bowl is gonna be wack.

Fuck both squads but fuck the Whiners more.

Just glad the Patriots are at the house.

Branduil

Rather than being a cliche and leaving for milk one night, he sent his boy to go pick up some kleenex. When he came back DY was ghost and there was a note on the fridge that said "now use 'em".

I guess I need to brush up on my slang because I don't have a clue what this post says.

Doomsayer

I'm a Rams fan, bro.

I can't wish a team in the NFC West any good luck...to make matters worse, I live in Seattle now, so I gotta deal with all these SeaChicken fans up here.

I was smiling when the Deeerty Bird took em out.

The city was pure salt.

I remembered that after I posted. I could only imagine what living in enemy territory would be like, especially a shithole like Seattle.

Rudy Gay 19 mil
DeRozan 10 mil
Fields 7 mil
Kleiza 5 mil

...$41 million

...+Anderson & Ross

Is there any team in the league that has more invested in their swing men? That's like 2/3rds of the cap, and not a single all star appearance among them.

Mamba, I know how the Lakers can rejuvenate the season for you:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apws732

Really though, that could be an OK trade for both teams if Dwight's out for the year. Jazz young big men go from minutes and touches limited to getting as much as they want in those areas, Lakers get a very good player who complements Kobe better, Lakers clear out even more cap space for 2014, Mike D resigns due to his sheer hatred of Al Jefferson and the Nineteen Seconds or More offense. Everyone wins except for maybe Al and that would be kind of sad but everything else looks good.

Doomsayer

Mamba, I know how the Lakers can rejuvenate the season for you:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apws732

Really though, that could be an OK trade for both teams if Dwight's out for the year. Jazz young big men go from minutes and touches limited to getting as much as they want in those areas, Lakers get a very good player who complements Kobe better, Lakers clear out even more cap space for 2014, Mike D resigns due to his sheer hatred of Al Jefferson and the Nineteen Seconds or More offense. Everyone wins except for maybe Al and that would be kind of sad but everything else looks good.

So we start Blake and use Morris as the back up.

NOPE

Can the Raptors amnesty Rudy Gay yet.

:thekad

I lol'd

Just seen the Matt Barnes ejection, wow. Was that even necessary?

Top Bottom