• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Omega

Banned
Not sure if posted but a fan finds out Tayshaun Prince has been traded...

http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/prince1.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/prince2.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/prince3.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

wow guy looks legit hurt by that.

had no idea tayshaun prince had fans.

BB4WaEbCQAAqe2P.jpg:large

NEW YORK -- LeBron James was not amused with Reggie Evans' comments that devalued the NBA title won by the Miami Heat last season.

So James dominated the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday night, and then directly ripped Evans after the game.

Earlier Wednesday, Evans dismissed the Heat's championship-winning season by telling the New York Daily News: "It doesn't prove nothing. That was a lockout season."

When James learned of the comments during the day, he tweeted: "Just keep throwing rocks at the throne, don't matter cause nothing can break my zone."

James finished with 24 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in Wednesday's 105-85 victory over the Nets, the third time Miami has blown out Brooklyn this season. Then he took aim at Evans' comments.

"You can't just come out and say something like that versus a champion," James said. "No one knows what it takes unless you've done it. You can't sit here and judge and talk about a team winning a championship unless you've done it. (Evans) hasn't done it."

James then looked down at the post-game stat sheet.

"Let me look at his numbers real quick -- he had no offensive rebounds, so we did our number on him," James said.

Evans had six defensive rebounds and did not score in 20 minutes. James said he did not speak to Evans during the game.

"For what? I let my game do the talking," James said. "I'm not going to sit here and give Reggie Evans a lot of press, because that is what is going to happen for the next couple days."

Evans declined to speak to reporters after the game

LeBron nipped that shit in the bud with the quickness.

Sorry guys, if it's not a full season it's an asterisk season. Doesn't take anything away from the accomplishment really. I mean what's the asterisk for then? A comet hitting the arena when game 1 of the finals was being played?

I just heard on LeBatard's podcast about Royce White, here's the original article it references

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8890734/chuck-klosterman-royce-white
Yet when I ask how much basketball he's been playing during this long stretch of inactivity, his answer is that he's hardly been playing at all. "I work out very sparingly, to be honest," White says. "I probably shoot once a week."

WTF fuck this dude, kick his ass from the league

PBY

Banned
With no rose

And literally seven games against the celtics
We beat the bulls handily the year before. And LOL at 7- A- who cares, and B- No Bosh.

Is it a reverse asterisk, like do we get a plus or something, for making it out of the east w/o Bosh?

Cmon.

It is an asterisk chip. Not that it means anything other than it wasn't won under usual conditions ie a complete 82 game season. It is what it is, The Spurs had to deal with it, Heat will have to as well.

I don't see an asterisk as a bad thing anyways. We all played under the same rules!

Not the same as previous champions. I have said before that I think the shortened season brought unique challenges like increased odds of injury and heavy fatigue from tons of games in a short period. But it is an asterisk year, there's no debating it.

Not the same as previous champions. I have said before that I think the shortened season brought unique challenges like increased odds of injury and heavy fatigue from tons of games in a short period. But it is an asterisk year, there's no debating it.

The only thing that matters is last one standing

I wish that either people like Robert Pera weren't allowed to own teams, or that Stern would block moves like the Gay trade for basketball reasons.

Here you have a great up-and-coming team, one of the most exciting teams in the league, 4th place in the conference, and they trade away their best or second-best player midway through the year to avoid paying luxury tax. That's absolutely inexcusable, and Memphis fans should boycott the team after this.

The old Vancouver fans deserved better.

I don't see an asterisk as a bad thing anyways. We all played under the same rules!

I don't really care about calling it asterisk or whatever either. Its when people try to start using it to discredit it that kinda irks me. I could see if they brought up legit points, but its usually borderline infantile shit. "Well it just is what it is bruh."

The only thing that matters is last one standing

I don't really care about calling it asterisk or whatever either. Its when people try to start using it to discredit it that kinda irks me. I could see if they brought up legit points, but its usually borderline infantile shit. "Well it just is what it is bruh."

The asterisk thing is usually used to discourage or lessen the achievement of winning. That's a whole different conversation.

No shit its Brandy. Were you lurking when he wanted the 06 Heat team to have a plane crash like the Marshall team cuz I was and it wouldve been funny if it was in good taste

Who hasn't wished death on the opposing team at some point? You should have heard the things my friends said about Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince in 2004.

No shit its Brandy. Were you lurking when he wanted the 06 Heat team to have a plane crash like the Marshall team cuz I was and it wouldve been funny if it was in good taste

Naw I didn't lurk much here before I registered, like a week or so. But it certainly sounds like some shit he/she would say. Must be fun to hang around in real life.

pilonv1

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278380

Levien is making these deals based largely on the recommendations of John Hollinger, a statistician who worked for a cable sports company. The San Antonio Spurs once used him as a consultant and regretfully took his advice to sign a free agent named Jackie Butler. It was such a disaster, the Spurs had to attach Luis Scola to a trade to get Butler out of town.

Woj going all in on Hollinger.

Top Bottom