• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

Boy that Zusi to Feilhaber to Dwyer goal was something special...
Dwyer-goal.gif

I wonder how far away guys like Rosell and Dwyer are from US citizenship?

It really was phenomenal. Feilhaber's touch was incredible. Four guys closing on him and the little flick forward out of reach was so great. Then Dwyer so easily could have overplayed it or been beaten by the sliding challenge, but he stayed collected and touched back to the left and put the shot in. We lost our shit watching it. Shit was definitely lost.

Osorio

Definitely going for SKC in the final

Peter Vermes is a Metro legend

And Kreis might be the first manager of Man City B

Osorio

Carney - Yay!

Barklage - Ehhh...why? Okay I guess.

Yeah I thought Barklage was solid on both flanks and a better defender than Kimura.

My only explanation is that Petke is moving Holgersson to the right permanently and we're getting another CB or going with Pearce.

Osorio

Just noticed how good of a start we've got.

We don't play a team that was top four in their conference until week twelve.

Askani

What a madhouse trying to order tickets today from the Cauldron website.

However, in my order history:

P7UPfgw.png

Ticket get! It's so beautiful...I may weep.

Dartastic

I look forward to it. And if it was a wrong call I will definitely call it as such and admit I was wrong.
Coming into the thread to say I was definitely wrong on that 2nd goal. Definitely offsides. I still think that the first one was extremely questionable. Regardless, good shit to RSL. You got it done, and I honestly think you're going to win it all this year. Next year however... ;)

Askani

There's quite the clusterfuck happening with MLS Cup tickets right now. So at 10 a.m., the Caudron put up their tickets. The site was at a crawl and some people's carts get almost all the way to the end before telling them that it was no longer valid because the tickets were gone. That's just a site getting hammered with limited supply and is what normally happens, but still upset some folks.

Then, the season ticket holder pre sale started at noon with a code unique to each season ticket holder.

Apparently a short time later, a second static code was somehow obtained and leaked to the net and allowed anyone to buy any ticket anywhere in the stadium, including RSL fans outside their section. Ticketmaster just announced they are invalidating all purchases used with the second code and refunding money.

So people who bought a ticket with a bad code, knowingly or not, might get screwed out of going. People buying on the secondary market from someone may get super screwed by the original seller who might stiff them and keep the refund. RSL fans who bought tickets and then booked hotel and airfare will get triple screwed.

Some people got bit by this on accident and I feel bad. Though some people knowingly cheated the system and I could not care less about them. Maybe we'll get more info tomorrow.

Osorio

Already penciled in my first road trip of the year.

April 5th vs. Montreal

Olympic Stadium.

Gonna make a weekend out of that one :)

Don't do this to me again TFC. He probably gets injured 1 month in. Do we still have Koevermans? I have no idea what has gone on with that shit team for the last 3 years.

Osorio

Don't do this to me again TFC. He probably gets injured 1 month in. Do we still have Koevermans? I have no idea what has gone on with that shit team for the last 3 years.

No idea about Koevermans but TFC denied the Defoe and Gilardino deals.

They've been talking with Eto'o, Adebayor, Quagliarella tho.

Osorio

"There is no experience like the experience of going to a Timbers game that can tell the story of what we're trying to achieve with the sport in our country. And for all you guys here in New York, go to a Timbers game and take the thousand or 500 tickets that you get allocated as a visiting group and go, fly out there if you can, maybe get the Red Bulls to help you charter a bus or something and go out and attend a game."

Is this motherfucker serious? If he means Tifo then sure, but we'd outsing the shit out of anybody.

Osorio

@GothamistDan31m

I spend a lot of time and energy trying to convince #RBNY fans the league isn't biased against them. But that was just indefensible.

Yerp. Fuck the Don.

"There is no experience like the experience of going to a Timbers game that can tell the story of what we're trying to achieve with the sport in our country. And for all you guys here in New York, go to a Timbers game and take the thousand or 500 tickets that you get allocated as a visiting group and go, fly out there if you can, maybe get the Red Bulls to help you charter a bus or something and go out and attend a game."

Is this motherfucker serious? If he means Tifo then sure, but we'd outsing the shit out of anybody.
Hahahahahaha Garber said that? I hope NYCFC has dead crowds. I hope he comtinues to find prospective owners who know what its going on at all times during a match.

Osorio

Hahahahahaha Garber said that? I hope NYCFC has dead crowds. I hope he comtinues to find prospective owners who know what its going on at all times during a match.

Seriously. If he's talking about attendance I'll also be miffed. To average around 20,000 with our shit history, named after an energy drink, competing with nine other pro teams with way more history, and playing outside the city is an accomplishment. And he approved that deal too.

xbhaskarx

I'm not sure why you're taking it so personally, he's just praising Portland's atmosphere like EVERYONE does... it gets tiresome but it's not like Garber is the only one who does it.

"And for all you guys here in New York"... Was he talking specifically about the atmosphere in NY or did he just use NY as an example because that's where the event was? If he's talking in Chicago he probably doesn't mention NY, right?

Osorio

I'm not sure why you're taking it so personally, he's just praising Portland's atmosphere like EVERYONE does... it gets tiresome but it's not like Garber is the only one who does it.

"And for all you guys here in New York"... Was he talking specifically about the atmosphere in NY or did he just use NY as an example because that's where the event was? If he's talking in Chicago he probably doesn't mention NY, right?

And for all you guys here in New York, go to a Timbers game and take the thousand or 500 tickets that you get allocated as a visiting group and go, fly out there if you can, maybe get the Red Bulls to help you charter a bus or something and go out and attend a game."

That's pretty clear.

xbhaskarx

And for all you guys here in New York, go to a Timbers game and take the thousand or 500 tickets that you get allocated as a visiting group and go, fly out there if you can, maybe get the Red Bulls to help you charter a bus or something and go out and attend a game."

That's pretty clear.

What's pretty clear? He's saying go to a game in Portland to experience the atmosphere, but that's not easy given the distance from New York, so maybe the team can help charter something?

Pretty much everything the league does, including this State of the League event, is centered around New York, and you guys are offended.... He was praising Portland while talking to people in New York, so he mentioned New York fans.
He doesn't even mention the fans in half the cities around the league, and certainly doesn't deliver big speeches there.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

@GothamistDan31m

I spend a lot of time and energy trying to convince #RBNY fans the league isn't biased against them. But that was just indefensible.

Yerp. Fuck the Don.

Oh Don. You dolt.

Askani

8 degrees you say? "That's nothing!" we say. We're tailgating this game. Heading to get my friend and we're off to the stadium. lol

See you all on the other side!

xbhaskarx

How come Peter Vermes fights with every DP forward he brings in? First Omar Bravo a few years ago and now Claudio Bieler... both guys were scoring goals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom